doodlebugg

ramadan and hajj stuffs

147 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Women usually get up 1-2 hours before to prepare the meal (souhour) then pray ... rarely go back to sleep. This time is meant for reading of the Qur'an and mediation. The whole point of Ramadan. People who go back to sleep (in MENA) after sun up ... 7 or 8 until maybe 10/11 ... when shoppes open (later) for the month.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Women usually get up 1-2 hours before to prepare the meal (souhour) then pray ... rarely go back to sleep. This time is meant for reading of the Qur'an and mediation. The whole point of Ramadan. People who go back to sleep (in MENA) after sun up ... 7 or 8 until maybe 10/11 ... when shoppes open (later) for the month.

Yes but those women don't work fulltime after preparing that wonderful meal, right?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Bridget, maybe he is budgeting in smoking time? :lol:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

oh most definitely and also laundry time.....like who on earth is in the mood at 3 am???

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

oh most definitely and also laundry time.....like who on earth is in the mood at 3 am???

:blush: I'd rather do laundry at 3am than after the sun comes up. I'd rather be middle-of-the-night(ing) than AT bedtime or AT sunrise... :blush:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

It will be interesting, lol. I plan to try and prep the Sahur meal the night before so I can minimize the cooking time. I hope to only get up an hour before. Not sure what my husband's plans are. I guess we should go over that. Last year at Ramadan I was over there so we just slept all day and got up a little before sunset to prepare the food. After that we stayed up all night. I was on vacation and he couldn't work so these problems weren't there. We are hoping against hope that he will be approved this month so he can be here for Ramadan. Inshallah it happens (please pray for us). If he does make it then there will be some considerations we will have to think of with me working and him barely arriving here.

I had also hoped we could go to the Iftar meals at the mosque, but my husband's uncle advised him to avoid the mosque and arab community for the first year at least because they worry about him getting caught up in all the problems muslims face here with the government.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Timeline

Not to go for the first year? wow

doods, I have the cross-stitch (4) graphs for you! One says 'bismillah' one says 'subhanallah' one says 'Allah' , all in Arabic of course and one is a mosque. They are small and can be finished in a sitting or two and very few colors are needed. Can also be done on plastic canvas.

If anyone else wants a free set of these cross-stitch graphs, let me know and I will send them out this week.

jJ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Not to go for the first year? wow

doods, I have the cross-stitch (4) graphs for you! One says 'bismillah' one says 'subhanallah' one says 'Allah' , all in Arabic of course and one is a mosque. They are small and can be finished in a sitting or two and very few colors are needed. Can also be done on plastic canvas.

If anyone else wants a free set of these cross-stitch graphs, let me know and I will send them out this week.

jJ

Jax, I'd like a set please! :star:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

JJ me too I'd like to give it a whirl... I have nothing in my house that says Allah.. it would be wonderful! I would also like to do something to take my mind off of the wait.

You guys are cracking me up with the husband's up an hour early lol... I am praying i'll spend the first week in Paris with my husband on vaca... he is very excited by it Insha'allah but this will be my first. I fully suspect i'll be sleeping alot on the plane back since he already warned me our nights will be very busy. :luv:

Oh I only have the downloaded Athen to prayer on my computer i haven't even considered the times next month... my calander says Ramadan starts around the second week of September has it been moved?

Rajaa

Timeline
JJ me too I'd like to give it a whirl... I have nothing in my house that says Allah.. it would be wonderful! I would also like to do something to take my mind off of the wait.

You guys are cracking me up with the husband's up an hour early lol... I am praying i'll spend the first week in Paris with my husband on vaca... he is very excited by it Insha'allah but this will be my first. I fully suspect i'll be sleeping alot on the plane back since he already warned me our nights will be very busy. :luv:

Oh I only have the downloaded Athen to prayer on my computer i haven't even considered the times next month... my calander says Ramadan starts around the second week of September has it been moved?

Rajaa

Everything online and on my calender says the first of September. Last year it was the second week of September so it would be earlier this year according to the lunar calender.

Timeline
strange.. maybe my masjiid went off last years when making this years calander??? w/e... i havne't looked on line but it would make sense.

lol, maybe it is a typo

Timeline
yeah that whole ARabic to English thing does throw some off. I have a personal question about prayer and "girl time"

Like if you can pray at that time?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.