Payment Methods

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning MENA members

Everything is ready im sending out the form next sunday

whats the best way to send the fees for the I-129F

Im in Alexandria Egypt

Can anyone suggest anything ,does westernunion issue money orders?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello welcome to VJ... If you are the one from Egypt and your lady is back here in the USA, I guess I would suggest you send her the money and let her pay for it with a check or money order.

by the way, my husband was from Alex Egypt too hes here with me now. We got married in Egypt though so we didnt file K1, we filed K3 -Tam

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

If you use a personal check then you can do the following.

1. Track your check to make sure it goes through.

2. Have a peace of mind knowing that you can track your check and know for sure the status of it.

If personal check is not a option, be sure to purchase a traceable money order which may be found in the USPS.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

i used usps postal money order easy to track and you are there to send the packet anyway hope this helps

2_950692851l.jpg

October 24, 2007 - we met online ( Cherry Blossoms)

February 24, 2008 - He came to the Philippines to finally meet me!

February 26, 2008 - He proposed to me and I said YES!

March 4, 2008 - Flew back home ( US )- sad

K1 timeline:

April 7, 2008 - sent I-129f to VSC

April 10, 2008 - VSC received petition

April 18, 2008 - NOA1 hard copy received

May 9, 2008 - touched

July 14, 2008 - touched

July 15, 2008 - NOA2 (99days)

Aug.14-15,2008-Medical PASSED

Aug.22,2008- Interview PASSED (Pink Slip Only)

Aug.29,2008- VISA ON HAND

Sept.3,2008- POE Houston TX

October 25, 2008 - Officially Mrs. Eaton

AOS Timeline:

March 10, 2009 - AOS package sent to USCIS via FedEx

March 12, 2009 12:21pm - AOS package delivered to USCIS

March 20, 2009 - Check cashed

March 21, 2009 - NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765

March 24, 2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 4, 2009 - Case transferred to CSC

April 7, 2009 - Biometrics appointment is done

May 4, 2009 - AP approval notice received

May 8,2008 - EAD received

June 3, 2009 - Welcome notice from CRIS via email

June 8, 2009 - Receive hard copy of welcome notice on the mail

June 15, 2009 - Card production ordered

June 27, 2009 - Green Card on hand ( 2 years )

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks all for replying ...

My fiance and I are both here in Alexandria, Egypt. My fiance left her checkbook back in Texas and there isn't a safe way to have it sent here. So, we were wondering if anyone might know where or how we can purchase a trackable money order here. There isn't a US Postal Office or any substitute for one here in Alexandria. Can someone recommend a bank that offers this service? We really appreciate any help you can give and thanks again for responding. . .

Take Care

Maged & Sandy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Maged,

I am also going to file an I-129f and directions say funds must be drawn from within the U.S. That means her checking acct or a money order from somewhere inside the U.S. You can go to an UPS and see if they offer a money order, but my SO says, Egypt doesnt have money orders and it'll be drawn from a bank in Egypt not the U.S.

Jolie

*Jolie *

4/23/07 - Met on WoW Game..

11/25/07 - Engaged..

1/16/08 - 1st Visit..

2/28/08 - 2nd Visit..

6/03/08 - 3rd Visit..

9/10/08 - 4th Visit..

7/14/08 - Sent off I-129

1/08/08 - NOA 1

1/18/09 - RFE

1/30/09 - NOA2

???? - 45 Days of AP at NVC

03/15/09 - Left NVC

03/26/09 - Received pct. 3

05/06/09 - sent pkt back.

05/08/09 - Received pkt. 4

05/12/09 - Interview

07/24/09 - Out of AP

07/30/09 - Sent passport to Embassy.

08/15/09 - Received Passport with Visa.

08/18/09 - POE: Atlanta. It went very smooth, no problems at all. In and out in 30 minutes.

10/05/09 - Sent AOS/EAD

10/19/09 - Rec'd NOA

11/05/09 - Transferred to C.S.C.

11/10/09 - Biometrics - Cancelled waiting for new appt.

12/21/09 - Biometrics - Went well with no problems.

12/31/09 - EAD Card received.

02/16/10 - Transferred to Lee's Sumit, Mo

03/04/10 - Recieved AOS Interview letter.

04/07/10 - A.O.S. Interview - Approved. Very easy interview.

04-26-10 - 2Yr. Green card Received.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
i used usps postal money order easy to track and you are there to send the packet anyway hope this helps

Hey Frosty,

My fiance (USC) is going to use postal money order too. Now there's a part on the money order where you put the details as to who the money order is payable to (it should be US Department of Homeland Security, right), and what about the address??? He wrote down the Vermont Service Center Address. Is that right? Need your advise ASAP. Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

The fee must be submitted in the exact amount. It cannot be refunded. Do not mail cash. All checks and money orders must be drawn on a bank or other institution located in the United States and must be payable in U.S. currency. The check or money order must be made payable to the Department of Homeland Security.

When preparing the check or money order, spell out Department of Homeland Security. Do not use the initials "DHS" or "USDHS.

As far as where to mail _ You need to go here and read and decide which one applies to you :

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129instr.pdf

name='Kamz' date='Aug 18 2008, 11:42 PM' post='2128825'

Hey Frosty,

My fiance (USC) is going to use postal money order too. Now there's a part on the money order where you put the details as to who the money order is payable to (it should be US Department of Homeland Security, right), and what about the address??? He wrote down the Vermont Service Center Address. Is that right? Need your advise ASAP. Thanks!

Edited by Ash * Habibati

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Does anyone here know if there is a way to track US postal money order and how do we go about it? The package has been received 8/22 but how do we know when the money order had been cashed?

:unsure:

That's what we used, and we realized after the fact that you can't track it easily. I think I read on the USPS site that after a certain period of time, you can file a form and pay a fee and they will try to track it down, but that doesn't fit your purposes. We ended up waiting until we got a notice from USCIS.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

We weren't able to track our USPS money order, but you filed much more recently than we did, so maybe that has changed?

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

It was the same for us - There was no way to track the money order from the post office. Also just a month ago I had to use a money order when I bought something and the seller didn't want to use a personal check, so I sent that and again found out there was no way to track it after it was sent. You might be better to send a personal check or a certified check drawn on your bank if that's possible? You can track both of those through your bank account.

We weren't able to track our USPS money order, but you filed much more recently than we did, so maybe that has changed?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh well, I didn't realize that the money order is untraceable. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait until my fiance receives the notice in the mail. This does not bring down my excitement though. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the VSC will get things in order soon enough. It already feels like forever. ;)

I am hoping that for you also!!!!! You could always call or contact USPS by email - from their website.. Perhaps there is some way that it's traceable? I just always thought there was no way ....

I did find this just now on Yahoo Answers :

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

You can't track it on line. Go to your local post office and complete a form 6401 and pay a fee of $3.15. The post office will tell you if the money order been has been cashed and by whom. If it hasn't been cashed, you will be given a replacement money order which you can cash in or send on.

Oh well, I didn't realize that the money order is untraceable. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait until my fiance receives the notice in the mail. This does not bring down my excitement though. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the VSC will get things in order soon enough. It already feels like forever. ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.