ramin

NVC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I want to say thanks for all your helps. I received today the NVC letter case number and in a week they will be froward our visa to Guangzhou. But, when I call at 1-603-334-0700 to check the recording still says that they don't have any recored yet.

What is up with them?

By the way, my fiance hire and agency to help her to do the visa in China and they have reasnable fees, and they will charge 10,000 Rmbs. we will pay 500 Rmbs now and rest when they get the visa for her. It would of cost me more If she would make any mistake which she was kind of confused and she does not have a Birth Certificate, they will do it for her also.

Thanks again for your helps.

Ramin.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I want to say thanks for all your helps. I received today the NVC letter case number and in a week they will be froward our visa to Guangzhou. But, when I call at 1-603-334-0700 to check the recording still says that they don't have any recored yet.

What is up with them?

By the way, my fiance hire and agency to help her to do the visa in China and they have reasnable fees, and they will charge 10,000 Rmbs. we will pay 500 Rmbs now and rest when they get the visa for her. It would of cost me more If she would make any mistake which she was kind of confused and she does not have a Birth Certificate, they will do it for her also.

Ramin.

K-1's do not get put on the automatic system at NVC

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone,

What is up with them?

Ramin.

K-1's do not get put on the automatic system at NVC

Right. At this point you call the DOS visa information line but it will be a couple months before GUZ takes delivery of your case file.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I am also having troubles locating my I-129F after approval. I have been calling the NVC without any results and different USCIS agent had different answers. Today, a very nice USCIS agent told me that sometime a case would be forwarded directly to the consulate or the embassy. I don't think she is correct on that info because cases can't by-pass the NVC altogether (by process and law). But if the K-1 don't get put on the system then it may "appear" as by-passing the NVC. I think that's an acceptable explaination.

Finally, my questions: 1) Would a live NVC agent be able to tell me if my case has been processed? 2) I have heard that the NVC may or may not issue a notice to the applicant about case being forwarded to the consulate/embassy. If that happens then how can I find out my GUZ #?

Thanks for the help and best wishes to all. :-)

Footprints of Love

02/01/2007: Met Annie on www.baihe.com

After chatting almost daily online, exchanging emails (150+ in five months) and countless SMSes...

06/28/2007: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-)

07/04/2007: Met Annie's parents (very nervous)

07/10/2007: Introduced Annie to my parents (her turn to be nervous!)

07/14/2007: Departing from Shanghai :-(

Again, more emails and SMSes, plus phone calls (almost twice a day!!)...

12/19/2007: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-) :-)

12/24/2007 (Xmas Eve): Engaged!!

1/1/2008: Departing again :-( :-(

2/1/2008: Send the entire I-129F package to USCIS California Service Center

2/6/2008: Received the NOA1

2/6/2008 - Present: Checking status and VJ timeline daily!

5/16/2008: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-) :-) :-)

5/18/2008: Dresses picking day (for photo shoot next day)

5/19/2008: Photo shoot day! Twelve hours long and 232 pictures taken

5/20/2008: Photo picking day... Ten hours long and 50 pictures selected

5/21/2008: Traveled to Putuo Mountain and prayed to the Goddesses

5/25/2008: Missed my flight and stole an extra day with Annie :-) :-) :-)

5/26/2008: Departing again :-( :-( :-(

6/16/2008: Received the NOA2!!!! Yipee!!

7/11/2008: NVC has received the case and assigned it with a GUZ #.

7/17/2008: NVC Rep. informed me the case has been forwarded to GUZ consulate.

Phone Record (from Jan 1st, 2008) $240.76 14104 min.

9/9/2008: Package received by GZ Consulate.

9/25/2008: P3 Received

10/6/2008: P3 Mailed

4990.gif

Timeline
I am also having troubles locating my I-129F after approval. I have been calling the NVC without any results and different USCIS agent had different answers. Today, a very nice USCIS agent told me that sometime a case would be forwarded directly to the consulate or the embassy. I don't think she is correct on that info because cases can't by-pass the NVC altogether (by process and law). But if the K-1 don't get put on the system then it may "appear" as by-passing the NVC. I think that's an acceptable explaination.

Finally, my questions: 1) Would a live NVC agent be able to tell me if my case has been processed? 2) I have heard that the NVC may or may not issue a notice to the applicant about case being forwarded to the consulate/embassy. If that happens then how can I find out my GUZ #?

Thanks for the help and best wishes to all. :-)

An NVC representative can tell you if they have received and forwarded your case but you must talk to a human on a K visa case. K visa cases bypass NVC. Don't expect USCIS people to know how NVC and the Consulate (part of Dept. of State) do their jobs.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks! That's what I figured as well.

Footprints of Love

02/01/2007: Met Annie on www.baihe.com

After chatting almost daily online, exchanging emails (150+ in five months) and countless SMSes...

06/28/2007: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-)

07/04/2007: Met Annie's parents (very nervous)

07/10/2007: Introduced Annie to my parents (her turn to be nervous!)

07/14/2007: Departing from Shanghai :-(

Again, more emails and SMSes, plus phone calls (almost twice a day!!)...

12/19/2007: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-) :-)

12/24/2007 (Xmas Eve): Engaged!!

1/1/2008: Departing again :-( :-(

2/1/2008: Send the entire I-129F package to USCIS California Service Center

2/6/2008: Received the NOA1

2/6/2008 - Present: Checking status and VJ timeline daily!

5/16/2008: Qifan flew to Shanghai :-) :-) :-)

5/18/2008: Dresses picking day (for photo shoot next day)

5/19/2008: Photo shoot day! Twelve hours long and 232 pictures taken

5/20/2008: Photo picking day... Ten hours long and 50 pictures selected

5/21/2008: Traveled to Putuo Mountain and prayed to the Goddesses

5/25/2008: Missed my flight and stole an extra day with Annie :-) :-) :-)

5/26/2008: Departing again :-( :-( :-(

6/16/2008: Received the NOA2!!!! Yipee!!

7/11/2008: NVC has received the case and assigned it with a GUZ #.

7/17/2008: NVC Rep. informed me the case has been forwarded to GUZ consulate.

Phone Record (from Jan 1st, 2008) $240.76 14104 min.

9/9/2008: Package received by GZ Consulate.

9/25/2008: P3 Received

10/6/2008: P3 Mailed

4990.gif

Timeline
Thanks! That's what I figured as well.

Gee, I just noticed I wrote, "K visa cases bypass NVC" which is incorrect. I must have been distracted. I mean't to write, "K visa cases DO NOT bypass NVC". They do pass through in a matter of days though usually.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.