mnbinth

N-400 Expedited Naturalization 319b Information

158 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just checked our status online for expedited naturalization. It says that our records for interview and testing were sent to the local office. By local office I think it means where i did my initial interview before for my change of status from K1 visa to adjustment of status. I am hoping that I could get information where and how we could request to change the venue since California is too far now since we are already overseas. Would be glad to have some info from you guys. Thank you!

Filed: Timeline

I just checked our status online for expedited naturalization. It says that our records for interview and testing were sent to the local office. By local office I think it means where i did my initial interview before for my change of status from K1 visa to adjustment of status. I am hoping that I could get information where and how we could request to change the venue since California is too far now since we are already overseas. Would be glad to have some info from you guys. Thank you!

If you are a military or military dependent, you should e-mail them at militaryinfo.nsc@dhs.gov , if you haven't requested a certain office when you mailed your application and they already know that you are overseas, they will assign you to the nearest DO to your current geographical location.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You can request the location when you send in the application on the cover letter. I'm not familiar with how to change it now, but I think you can do it. As always, if you have trouble, contact a local Congressman's office and ask them to make an inquiry to the "USCIS Congressional Liaison Division."

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Can anyone help me understand how to determine if Schlumberger Limited (SLB) is an "American" corporation by the >50% ownership rule of its stock by US citizens?

see this thread for more details:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/261371-expeditious-naturalization-319b-american-company-definition/

• 6 months later...
Filed: Country: India
Timeline

<!--quoteo(post=2086859:date=Aug 6 2008, 07:19 AM:name=Completely)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Completely @ Aug 6 2008, 07:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2086859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1993432:date=Jul 7 2008, 03:14 PM:name=feyser)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feyser @ Jul 7 2008, 03:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1993432"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I went to my local USCIS office today to ask some questions about expedited naturalization. The person answering questions had no idea what I was talking about and claimed its not possible even though I was holding a USCIS document in my hand explaining it. I've called the USCIS customer service number a few times and get the same response. At least today she agreed to have a "USCIS lawyer" call me. I asked if I'd get a phone call today and the response was, "ha, yeah right." I'm attempting to do this without hiring a lawyer, but it is looking like I'll have to get one anyway.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi I just did my Naturalization under 319b last March and did get an interview on june 08 and have the oath at the same day.. There is a lot of people that are not aware about 319 b. If you are a contractor working overseas, and your wife is coming with you A letter of Authorization or LOA, LOI will support her application for her. I did try asking a lot of question to different people before I filed the n400 in March 08.. I figure since nobody can give me information I will just go ahead and submit all the requirements they were asking.. I dont care if I will lose hundred dollars what matters is I tried it, since my GC will expired in Nov 08, I just told myself I will give it a try and I've made it.

Here is what I enclosed in the packet (in order)

1. Cover letter (stating you are working overseas and you are applying under 319b, your job, your company) I can send you sample if you want.

2. Filled N400

3. PICTURE

4. Tax info (for for years, joint or not)

5. a letter from the company (notarized)

6. employment letter (job offer-notarized)

7. Employment agreement (notarized)

8. (2 )fingerprint card (done in US Embassy overseas)

9. Greencard (photocopy)

9. Passport (copy)

10 CAC (DOD id of my husband) or any ID from the US company you work for overseas.

11. LOI or a letter authorizing you to deployed overseas.

12. husband passport

13. marriage certificate

14. if you have a child include a copy of his birth certificate/

let me know if you still have questions. I am done with immigration finally!!!!

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

and also she can do this without a lwayer.. Everything I did it in my own.. d

I am about to file my spouse's N-400 under 319b. Can you please send me samples of cover letter and letter from company? Thank you so very much!

Timeline

The cover letter we used is in the first post here.

The information required for the employer letter.

An official letter from a U.S. government agency, public international organization, or firm incorporated

in the U.S. or a foreign subsidiary with at least 51% American ownership that includes the following:

• The title of the official making the affidavit, the name of the firm or corporation, and whether he or

she has access to the records of the firm or corporation; and

• Whether the employing organization is an American firm or corporation engaged in the development

of foreign trade and commerce of the U.S. or is a subsidiary thereof. An American firm is defined as

being at least 51% owned by U.S. citizens; and

• The nature of the business which is conducted by the employing organization; and

• The name of the State under the laws of which it was organized, the date of incorporation, and that it

is existent.

• The facts of the U.S. citizen spouse’s employment and the basis of hire (contract, regular employee,

etc.) and the prospective length of time he is committed to remain in overseas employment.

There's another thread here. Accidentally have two going.

Can you please send me samples of cover letter and letter from company? Thank you so very much!

K1 Journey

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

12/12/07 - Biometrics

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

The cover letter we used is in the first post here.

The information required for the employer letter.

An official letter from a U.S. government agency, public international organization, or firm incorporated

in the U.S. or a foreign subsidiary with at least 51% American ownership that includes the following:

• The title of the official making the affidavit, the name of the firm or corporation, and whether he or

she has access to the records of the firm or corporation; and

• Whether the employing organization is an American firm or corporation engaged in the development

of foreign trade and commerce of the U.S. or is a subsidiary thereof. An American firm is defined as

being at least 51% owned by U.S. citizens; and

• The nature of the business which is conducted by the employing organization; and

• The name of the State under the laws of which it was organized, the date of incorporation, and that it

is existent.

• The facts of the U.S. citizen spouse’s employment and the basis of hire (contract, regular employee,

etc.) and the prospective length of time he is committed to remain in overseas employment.

There's another thread here. Accidentally have two going.

Does it make any sense in using a lawyer for 319b or is the process pretty straight forward?

Does it make any sense in using a lawyer for 319b or is the process pretty straight forward?

you dont really need to hire a lawyer, if it is based on having a spouse in the military, believe me it is pretty quick, especially if you do not have a complicated case; i think you'd need a lawyer if you have issues like some people had, legal issues like illegally being in the country or the like, but for us, since our case was not at all complicated we did not need to.

We sent the application august 2010, and i got emailed to set my interview date at the end of september so it was pretty quick :)

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Timeline

If you're doing it in Fairfax like "newlyweds" said, you'll have no problems. If you do it other places, you might consider hiring a lawyer. We did ours in Iowa and we were the first case the adjudicator had ever seen or even heard of believe it or not! Despite clear proof using evidence from the INA and HER OWN MANUAL she still subsequently denied naturalization because she was incompetent and it took a lawyer and a call from my U.S. Senator's office to push things back in the right direction. USCIS owes me several thousand in legal fees for that one. I'm not bitter! :wow:

Edited by mnbinth

K1 Journey

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

12/12/07 - Biometrics

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Couple of questions about the required documetns

5. a letter from the company (notarized)- what this letter supposed to say?.

10 CAC (DOD id of my husband) or any ID from the US company you work for overseas - What is this? Just an ID card that I have for work?

11. LOI or a letter authorizing you to deployed overseas - Is this for military only?

Thanks!

Edited by UncleB

Timeline

5. It's in a few posts back. Scroll up the screen or click here.

9. I did not have any ID card.

10. Military

Couple of questions about the required documetns

5. a letter from the company (notarized)- what this letter supposed to say?.

Thanks!

K1 Journey

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

12/12/07 - Biometrics

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Sorry, meant to write 10 and 11.

K1 Journey

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

12/12/07 - Biometrics

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

My lawyer had never seen it before either but researched it with her immigration law resources. Immigration law is her full time job so even though she hadn't had a case before, she still understood how immigration law works so was quickly able to figure it out. I'm sure any competent lawyer in Detroit would be able to do the same.

Can anyone in Metro Detroit recommend a lawyer that knows anything about 319b?

I spoke with 3 highly recommended lawywers today and they know less about this process than I do after reading the info on this message board!

K1 Journey

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

12/12/07 - Biometrics

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.