LastSurvivor

Should I be worried?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I filed our I-751 paperwork 2-3 weeks ago. Sorry, I do not have the exact date with me. After waiting I notice my check still has not cleared my bank and I have not received NOA. I filed at TSC and had all the necessary paperwork plus some. I know my paperwork was received due to delivery confirmatiion but now I am getting nervous.

Rich

08.15.2005 Mailed I-129F USPS

01.11.2006 P.O.E Seattle. Welcome to the U.S.A.

02.10.2006 Married

AOS Journey

03.27.2006 I-485 Mailed

08.21.2006 Green Card Arrivesl

11.19.2006 Emma is born

Removing Conditions

07.07.2008 I-751 Mailed

04.30.2009 Date of Decision: Approved

05.14.2010 Lilly is born

Citizenship: The Final Chapter

10.26.2010 N-400 Mailed

11.02.2010 NOA

11.05.2010 Biometrics Letter

11.10.2010 Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

04.13.2011 Interview

04.13.2011 Oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

TSC is no longer processing I-751s. Your petition will be automatically transferred to VSC. That's the reason for the delay in cashing your check.

Others should note that NSC is transferring to CSC as well. You can now send the petition directly to the new service center to avoid the transfer delay.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Would be nice if the USCIS posted this:

"USCIS to Revise Filing Instructions for Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

Form I-751 to be filed with the California or Vermont Service Centers

WASHINGTON-U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will soon be revising the filing instructions for the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) to require filing at the California or Vermont Service Centers, where all Forms I-751 are currently adjudicated. The adjudication functions for these petitions have already been assigned to these locations in anticipation of this change. Therefore, all petitioners filing a Form I-751 are requested to file the petition with the California or Vermont Service Centers, depending on the state in which they reside.

Form I-751 is used by individuals who were granted conditional residential status through marriage to a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident and who desire to petition USCIS to remove the conditions on their residence.

Petitioners who live in the following states or territories should file their Form I-751 with the California Service Center (CSC): Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. The mailing address for CSC is:

USCIS California Service Center

P.O. Box 10751

Laguna Niguel, California 92607-0751

Petitioners who live in the following states or territories should file their form I-751 with the Vermont Service Center (VSC): Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, and West Virginia. The mailing address for VSC is:

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St.

St. Albans, Vermont 05479-0001

Petitions filed with the Nebraska or Texas Service Centers after this announcement but prior to a change in the form instructions will be forwarded to the California or Vermont Service Centers, respectively, without any need for action by the petitioner. However, there could be a slight delay in the adjudication of the petition as a result of the transfer; so, petitioners are encouraged to file directly with the appropriate service center as outlined above. If a petitioner receives a receipt notice from the Nebraska or Texas Service Center, his or her case will be transferred to the California or Vermont Service Center for adjudication. The petitioner should receive a notice advising him or her that the case has been transferred.:

in the form section of their website, how is a person suppose to know that the service centers have been changed when they are still posting the same address in the form site?

Another thing that is missing is the effective date of this change.

So, TSC is signed on delivery. They would transfer to VSC. (NSC is not taking delivery-sending to CSC right away). TSC probably transfers in batches that is why a delay. You should be fine, I think.

I filed our I-751 paperwork 2-3 weeks ago. Sorry, I do not have the exact date with me. After waiting I notice my check still has not cleared my bank and I have not received NOA. I filed at TSC and had all the necessary paperwork plus some. I know my paperwork was received due to delivery confirmatiion but now I am getting nervous.

Rich

Karina and Tomy

ack! why didn't I know about this! I would've sent straight to VSC! We sent our 751 on June 20th so I am also awaiting an NOA. It's keeping me up at night!

:wacko:

Why do they have to make it so complicated :(

I know our packet was delivered (delivery confirmation) but we sent a money order rather than a cheque because we did not know how long it would take and we wanted to be sure it didn't bounce.

.png

February 19 2005: Met in person in Dallas for the very first time! It was like the fourth of July!

June 30th 2005: "Why don't we just get married?" "Okay!"

November 23rd 2005: Married!

November 24th 2005 - February 18th 2006: Know very little about immigration laws and give ourselves headaches trying to figure it out :P

February 22nd 2006: See our Attorney who advises us to go the AOS route so I can stay with my husband while I wait.

April 2006: Attorney files AOS forms 485 and 765 to TSC.

May 31st 2006: Biometrics

July 15th 2006: Close on first home!

July 18th 2006: Interview, APPROVED!!!! (Also receive i-551 stamp in passport)

Aug 6th 2006: Receive green card in the mail with wrong birthdate on card.

Aug 8th 2006: File i-90 for replacement card

January 2007: Receive replacement card

January 23rd 2008: Our first child, James, is born.

June 22nd 2008: File i-751 to TSC; Forwarded to VSC.

July 2nd 2008: NOA

August 6th 2008: Biometrics in Houston

February 19 2009: Transferred to CSC.

March 18th 2009: APPROVED!!!!!!

Timeline

Another thing that is missing is the effective date of this change.

The memo is dated 5/23/08, so as of that date, you can send directly to CSC or VSC, as the case may be.

My senator told me that this change was actually made back in August 2007, all those months checking our case status at Nebraska and looking at their processing dates was a waste of time, our application was in California. Nebraska was showing near the end of February 2007 for I-751 processing date than popped up with July 05, 2006, that caused some panick around here.

I was told at first my wife and daughter needed a valid foreign current passport that needed a I-551 so they can continue to work and go to school. That was not easy to get as their country felt they left them and was quite expensive. But did get two five year passports and was all set to make an infopass appointment. All we actually needed was two passport photos for an I-94. But going through that expense, the cards finally came in. But with the ten year green cards and five year passports, we were good to go for the next five years.

Did apply for my wife's US citizenship 90 days before her 3rd anniversary date sending in a copy of her expired green card and one year just about to expire one year extension, told that was legal. That was accepted and from the time that was sent in to her interview notice, three months and seventeen days. If you are all set, then they move fast.

Hit a stumbling block with my daughter, she recently turned 18, if she didn't could have applied for her citizenship too, but gather we have to wait two more years. Wonder why they make the rules the way they do, but don't think about it too much, would go crazy.

I got my NOA from VSC today! I feel like i can breathe again (at least for the moment). :dance:

I don't have any travel plans in the future, but does anyone know if my employer will need to see the extension letter?

.png

February 19 2005: Met in person in Dallas for the very first time! It was like the fourth of July!

June 30th 2005: "Why don't we just get married?" "Okay!"

November 23rd 2005: Married!

November 24th 2005 - February 18th 2006: Know very little about immigration laws and give ourselves headaches trying to figure it out :P

February 22nd 2006: See our Attorney who advises us to go the AOS route so I can stay with my husband while I wait.

April 2006: Attorney files AOS forms 485 and 765 to TSC.

May 31st 2006: Biometrics

July 15th 2006: Close on first home!

July 18th 2006: Interview, APPROVED!!!! (Also receive i-551 stamp in passport)

Aug 6th 2006: Receive green card in the mail with wrong birthdate on card.

Aug 8th 2006: File i-90 for replacement card

January 2007: Receive replacement card

January 23rd 2008: Our first child, James, is born.

June 22nd 2008: File i-751 to TSC; Forwarded to VSC.

July 2nd 2008: NOA

August 6th 2008: Biometrics in Houston

February 19 2009: Transferred to CSC.

March 18th 2009: APPROVED!!!!!!

Timeline
I got my NOA from VSC today! I feel like i can breathe again (at least for the moment). :dance:

I don't have any travel plans in the future, but does anyone know if my employer will need to see the extension letter?

Depends both on your state and your employer, many states are cracking down on illegal since the Feds lack concern.

Should you be worried? Prefer the word concerned, and that is when your one year extension runs out with no green cards in the mail, hopefully they are processing a bit quicker now under the new administrator. We were very concerned, but our cards came in before the extension expired. If you filed 90 days before hand, that gives the USCIS 15 months to play around with your life.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.