VictorB

Advanced parole (I-131)

3 posts in this topic

Timeline

I-131 instructions (rev. 10/26/05) say that photos should show a three-quarter frontal view. I guess this is a mistake. I believe it should be full-frontal photos according to new requirements.

I-131 requires to indicate “date of intended departure” and “expected length of trip”. Does it really mean that we should indicate exact date? Does anybody have such experience?

Thanks for answers.

August 1, 2005 - I-129F was sent to <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->CSC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->

August 6, 2005 - NOA1 was issued

August 10, 2005 - NOA1 in mail

October 19, 2005 - NOA2 was issued!

February 14, 2006 - Successful interview at Moscow

April 29, 2006 - wedding in the USA

May 15, 2006 - sent documents for AOS

May 23, 2006 - NOA date

June 13, 2006 - biometrics

June 29, 2006 - NOA for an initial interview on August 21, 2006

August 21, 2006 - Successful interview in San Francisco

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I included the passport style photographs - I believe the format was recently changed from the 3/4 view, and I wrote "undetermined" for date of departure and length of visit, then in the written explanation included the information that I needed to be able to leave the country at short notice due to potential health concerns of an aging parent. I had no problem in getting the AP (twice, now). Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

It should be a frontal view.

I-131 instructions (rev. 10/26/05) say that photos should show a three-quarter frontal view. I guess this is a mistake. I believe it should be full-frontal photos according to new requirements.

I-131 requires to indicate “date of intended departure” and “expected length of trip”. Does it really mean that we should indicate exact date? Does anybody have such experience?

Thanks for answers.

Elsa USA, Ali Algeria

I-129F sent 3/25/2004

NOA #1 3/30/2004

NOA #2 7/6/2004 100 days!!!

7/30/2004 Arrived NVC

8/11/04 Ali received packet from Consular

8/24/04 Ali had interview and was approved

Had to waited 2 weeks for security check

9/15/04 Arrived POE Atlanta

9/28/04 Applied SSN

10/19/04 Recieved SS card

10/25/04 Drivers license (IN requires permit for 60 days)

10/30/04 Married

12/7/04 AOS sent

1/05 Biometrics

5/23/05 AOS interview Approved pending FBI background check

1/06 EAD- (renewed )

AP- applied online took 6 weeks to receive

(we made all the request possible, but were told they could do nothing about how long the FBI was taking)

12/06 FBI background check finished after 2 years

7/07 after 7 months Indianapolis sends request for new bio metrics (made numerous inquiries to NSC and senator)

7/17/07 Bio metrics done again

8/8/07 Received request for further proof of relationship

8/13/07 Bills, photos, letters showing proof received by Indy

9/10/2007 Finally the card production and welcome letter email received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.