idocare

Just wanted to share

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Ok, there seems to be some angst coming in my general direction. I do have a signature that describes the country that I lived in, and if you had been reading other posts, I've described everything started back in 2005. I'd rather not start a fight over my village or my husband's village, but I do think it is interesting that you believe every single village in Africa has a latrine. I guess all those NGO's can stop building them. I do believe there are even places in the grand ol' US of A that do not have latrines.

And I'm glad that in your last post you did recognize that the area I lived in could have not had a latrine.

I'm not going to get into my story any further with you. I wish you the best.

Just to clarify, my post was not directed at you. I just wanted to make sure that the Osagie was privy to the fact that latrines are only now becoming popular. And it is true, even today, there are places in Ghana that do not have one.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Zee - I know it wasn't directed towards me. My comments were also to Osagie. Thank you for clarifying though! :)

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Very interesting, I asked for the name of one African country and didn't see anything but your seriously and that you lived in one. Maybe you can come out with that country name and before you do, let me tell you about Ghana. Ghana is pretty and very much prettier then Liberia but they do have pit hole latrine in Ghana. People are coming from Ghana with infected asses full with rashes from those same latrines. Maybe the area you lived never had a that latrine but that doesn't mean that the entire do not have that latrine. I will say it again, NO AFRICAN COUNTRY RURAL AREA IS FREE FROM PIT HOLE LATRINE!

I wish to get the name of that country anyone wants to exclude from the above statement, no offense.

Where do I start :wacko: ?

Yes, there are pit hole latrines in Ghana but they are a fairly recent development there.

I don't know where you get the infection side of it from. They are not meant to be sat on, but it is possible that some people are not using them properly. Rashes can be manifested by many things, not just latrines.

I never saw a latrine in Ghana, and I've been to Takoradi, Accra, Cape Coast, Kumasi, and many more places... Not saying that it is not there, but I never saw them.

May I direct anyone who has a distorted view of Africa back to the thread called "The Africa They Never Show You"

Have a Happy day, ya'll!!! I know I will :dancing::goofy::energy::jest:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Very interesting, I asked for the name of one African country and didn't see anything but your seriously and that you lived in one. Maybe you can come out with that country name and before you do, let me tell you about Ghana. Ghana is pretty and very much prettier then Liberia but they do have pit hole latrine in Ghana. People are coming from Ghana with infected asses full with rashes from those same latrines. Maybe the area you lived never had a that latrine but that doesn't mean that the entire do not have that latrine. I will say it again, NO AFRICAN COUNTRY RURAL AREA IS FREE FROM PIT HOLE LATRINE!

I wish to get the name of that country anyone wants to exclude from the above statement, no offense.

Where do I start :wacko: ?

Yes, there are pit hole latrines in Ghana but they are a fairly recent development there.

I don't know where you get the infection side of it from. They are not meant to be sat on, but it is possible that some people are not using them properly. Rashes can be manifested by many things, not just latrines.

I'll tell you were to start, lol just kidding....... ok, speaking about pit hole latrine, I know it is not meant for sitting rather to squat on it. What I noticed is a big force of heat coming from the hole (latrine) going straight into you ### and its surroundings. I've been working in African countries especially the rural areas for long and have seen lot of things that is termed to be disgusting. I wasn't the one who caught the infection, it was two of my colleagues who caught it but I saw lot of things that I just don't feel please to share as an exciting moment. I know the pit latrine has been built by NGOs in most African countries and they do have maggots in it, trust me I know how it looks.

This is the reason why I said that I haven’t seen the true importance of this thread because what that girls saw in Liberia (maggots in a hole a.k.a latrine) is ALL over Africa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

OK reality check here people...

You are arguing about human waste facilities. :blink: Seriously people...is there NOTHING better to do? :bonk:

GO ahead have your Toilet/pit hole latrene war. :ot2:

I am getting out of here before the Sh!t hits the fan. ;)

Timeline
I'll tell you were to start, lol just kidding....... ok, speaking about pit hole latrine, I know it is not meant for sitting rather to squat on it. What I noticed is a big force of heat coming from the hole (latrine) going straight into you ### and its surroundings. I've been working in African countries especially the rural areas for long and have seen lot of things that is termed to be disgusting. I wasn't the one who caught the infection, it was two of my colleagues who caught it but I saw lot of things that I just don't feel please to share as an exciting moment. I know the pit latrine has been built by NGOs in most African countries and they do have maggots in it, trust me I know how it looks.

This is the reason why I said that I haven't seen the true importance of this thread because what that girls saw in Liberia (maggots in a hole a.k.a latrine) is ALL over Africa.

You can't just go generalizing like that though. What is true of one person's experience is going to be different than someone else's. There are areas where you will see certain things and areas where you will not. There are people who visit only major cities, that have no idea what other areas of the country look like and so they make their assumptions based on what they see. The same goes for the people that actually live in the community. There are some places, all over the continent, where, if you go and tell them "We are going to give you a pit latrine" they will have no idea what it is because they have never seen it.

It may be common, but it may not be the norm for some people.

Click for full timeline

Timeline

You are arguing about human waste facilities. :blink: Seriously people...is there NOTHING better to do? :bonk:

:lol:

Its not about the latrines. Its about :wacko:

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Osagie,

I don't understand why your trying to make this out to be something more. If you read my post you would of read that this girl is out in Liberia working on a mission. That's the end of my comments to regarding this post. For you to be so new to this site, you sound like someone that just want to get things started and I'm not in to that. I have yet to hear of a mission worker going into a country and serving the middle class to rich.

Want to try to get this thread locked go on and do it, but I'm not gonna entertain whomever this may be. You can just go ahead and write whatever your gonna write I'm cool with that, I've already posted what I wanted and will continue to post within the guidelines, so you post what you want here and type what you want, cause I'm surely gonna post what I want, your sayin that I'm the original writer ? Say whatever you desire, I have nothing to prove to you. I will no longer entertain you type what you want.

Peace to you and yours !!!!! :thumbs::dance::dance::dance:

Point of correction, I'm not making things up but simply telling you to stop hiding your motives behind that little girl who haven't tasted what life has to offer. She maybe be from an upper class in the US and haven't seen what she saw, so by looking at it; it was astonishing and exciting. She has more life to live, that's just her beginning.

Secondly, being as new as you stated does not erase my ability to comprehend your motives behind this thread. You may denied it in this public forum but God knows your heart and you don't want to be honest to your very self. It is not my intension to get this thread lock up; my goal is to expose your hidden motives. Should everyone be asking: "can anything good out of Idocare"? That isn't a good question. You're always posting depressing thread at the wrong time. An example of what I'm saying excluding this is your happy New Year thread.

I'm not looking for entertainment and don't deserve it, all I want is to be real. I hate to be a hypocrite; I tell you exactly how I feel about things and still be calm. Like you said that you will continue your trashing posts, keep it up; that's you but how long will you continue such a hypocrisy act?

I give you peace, freely as I receive, freely I give. How's that? :whistle::thumbs::dance:

I think that there is a tendency to get caught-up when reading old, archived threads when you are new to the forum. But we must realize that archives are PAST TENSE. New Years was almost a year ago. We have all moved on since January.

I'm all for reading archives, but I certainly don't think it's cool to start an altercation from something someone wrote many months ago.

When I first came along here, I said some silly things back then too. I want to apologize for those comments, because after sitting back and witnessing some of the bickering that has come along lately..............

A great man once said "Why can't we all just get along." :crying:

Ooops, well maybe Rodney King wasn't all that great of a man, but those words apply to so many aspects of life and living.

Stevi

Edited by stevi1123

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

whacky086.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.