GaryC

Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question number 18 on the new form:

"Has your fiance(e) met and seen you within the two-year period immediately "receding" the filing of this petition?"

Was 'receding' in the last version? I don't have my copies at work with me.

Our tax dollars at work.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

"Has your fiance(e) met and seen you within the two-year period immediately "receding" the filing of this petition?"

Our tax dollars at work.

That has to be a typo! Shouldn't it be "preceding"?

Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.

Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by itself.

Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here.

Hold on to life even when it is easier letting go.

Hold on to my hand even when I have gone away from you.

--Pueblo Blessing

ticker.png

ticker.png

Our tax dollars at work.

That has to be a typo! Shouldn't it be "preceding"?

Yes... so now I wonder how many questions will result from people reading it literally.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Does anyone know when they will mail the RFEs?

I called USCIS today and they stated that they had no idea when. Also I asked them if they had my application (which was sent by the consulate 2-3 weeks ago), but they didn't because the status on the computer says so (which is the same as case status online)

I don't think that they even know where everything is going yet.

this sucks!!! They even said that it may take 60 days to process these RFEs.

:whistle:

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

I get threw to Vermont today and was told my case was looked at today and in the next FEW days i should have my RFE........I hope this is not them pulling my chain its been 3 months now with no touches and i did check online status and it still shows no touches... but the guy did say it was looked at today and they will be sending me a RFE!!

RAZOR and IGOR...if they did find us in that noa1 pile from march_ today could be our lucky day!!

Crossing fingers!! :thumbs:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
:thumbs: Cool!, I'm calling again tommorow, the lady I spoke to did not even know my case was there until she checked. Let's hope this is good news for everyone going through VSC.

I hated to be the pessimist in the midst of all the good news, but when they say 'immediate' RFE's, what exactly is the government's definition of 'immediate'?

If its the same as their BS 90 day timelines they're good at tossing out, I would assume 'immediate' would be about 3 weeks from now. :lol:

But since there's lots of spotlight on them now, that might nip that in the bud.

Well i'll jump in on this particular comment because it is part of what I have been working on this last week with my lawyers. They contacted the right people it seems and have been able to put a fire under the decision makers. Also, I had my friend Mitt Romney (Governer of MA) make a call and he did so along with my (our) legal representation out of New York.

Previously it was going to be 30 days before RFE's were going to be sent out because they wanted to wait until the official I-129F form was released. However, they already had the section about the background check approved. So with some leveraging, we should now see many of the RFE's begin to be sent in the mail within 7-10 business days as of this Monday. But because of the volume, there could be a slight delay.

We can thank that those who run the DHS and USCIS are still human and sometimes the too realize how stupid bureauacracy can be. So, they saw reason in the letter and communication they recieved and they updated the notice. But, even with this news, changes can still happen. Someone there could have a different opinion, or 10,000 RFE's in 7-10 days is not plausible. But, at least it seems to be a tiny bit more expidited and they will START sending them out sooner than 30 days.

As far as any class action goes, they have decided that at this time it wont really do much good. However they are going to keep an eye on the situation and will read these message boards for possible leads to the negative outcomes of this sudden policy change and for any future effects. Not for legal retribution, but for "bug fixing" so to speak in the programming code of new law.

Meh, nothing to see here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I hated to be the pessimist in the midst of all the good news, but when they say 'immediate' RFE's, what exactly is the government's definition of 'immediate'?

If its the same as their BS 90 day timelines they're good at tossing out, I would assume 'immediate' would be about 3 weeks from now. :lol:

But since there's lots of spotlight on them now, that might nip that in the bud.

Well i'll jump in on this particular comment because it is part of what I have been working on this last week with my lawyers. They contacted the right people it seems and have been able to put a fire under the decision makers. Also, I had my friend Mitt Romney (Governer of MA) make a call and he did so along with my (our) legal representation out of New York.

Previously it was going to be 30 days before RFE's were going to be sent out because they wanted to wait until the official I-129F form was released. However, they already had the section about the background check approved. So with some leveraging, we should now see many of the RFE's begin to be sent in the mail within 7-10 business days as of this Monday. But because of the volume, there could be a slight delay.

We can thank that those who run the DHS and USCIS are still human and sometimes the too realize how stupid bureauacracy can be. So, they saw reason in the letter and communication they recieved and they updated the notice. But, even with this news, changes can still happen. Someone there could have a different opinion, or 10,000 RFE's in 7-10 days is not plausible. But, at least it seems to be a tiny bit more expidited and they will START sending them out sooner than 30 days.

As far as any class action goes, they have decided that at this time it wont really do much good. However they are going to keep an eye on the situation and will read these message boards for possible leads to the negative outcomes of this sudden policy change and for any future effects. Not for legal retribution, but for "bug fixing" so to speak in the programming code of new law.

By this monday you mean last monday, the 12th?

thanks

Well, i had received my NOA1 on May 2nd, and had not been touched at all or anything since. Then, today, I checked again, and not only had I been touched (that really does sound wrong), but my status had been updated with a message that read as follows:

Current Status:

On June 15, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

Seems like my RFE is on the way ....although I'll be believe it when I see it. That being said, I suppose its possible (though unlikely) that they're sending an RFE unrelated to IMBRA, which would really suck. I guess I'll just have to wait and find out. :wacko:

Good luck to everyone! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Well, i had received my NOA1 on May 2nd, and had not been touched at all or anything since. Then, today, I checked again, and not only had I been touched (that really does sound wrong), but my status had been updated with a message that read as follows:

Current Status:

On June 15, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

Seems like my RFE is on the way ....although I'll be believe it when I see it. That being said, I suppose its possible (though unlikely) that they're sending an RFE unrelated to IMBRA, which would really suck. I guess I'll just have to wait and find out. :wacko:

Good luck to everyone! :thumbs:

This message was on your online case status? WOW.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wow that is really cool...i hope you get imbra rfe soon ....

EAD

-----------

10-05-2006 : NOA1

10-23-2006 : fingerprinting

10-24-2006 : notice that case has moved to Vermont

I-130

--------

05-09-2006 : Mailed I-30 (husband and son)

05-11-2006 : I-130 Received by NSC

05-11-2006 : Receipt Date

05-26-2006 : Notice Date

06-01-2006 : Check cleared

06-02-2006 : Received NOA1 in mail

06-03-2006 : touched (must be payment posted...)

10-07-2006 : approved

129F / K3

--------

06-05-2006 : Mailed I-129F

06-09-2006 : NOA1

07-31-2006 : NOA2

08-10-2006 : NVC number assigned

08-11-2006 : sent to Consulate, India

08-14-2006 : packet 3 sent by embassy

08-28-2006 : pkt 4 collected from embassy

09-20-2006 : interview - approved!!!!

09-30-2006 : Honey I am home !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I hate the fact they don´t update my status since my petition was recalled!

I´ll never know when the RFE was sent.

I honestly don´t think the recalled cases will be expedited.

It sucks to be in this situation.

I´m calling them tomorrow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

looks like vermont will be the speedier service centre with the RFEs too!

(and for those people whose petitions they recalled from the consulates, they really should be!)

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.