5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Back in early February I received my new green card after successfully lifting conditions on my conditional card. However the card said I was "male" which is an obvious error so I completed the Form I-90 reason "D", sent the card with error and no payment back to the California Service Center. It was received by USCIS and signed for on February 20th, 2008. I have attempted to make several inquiries with the mis-information line about the status on my card and have been told each time they are no longer giving out Receipt notices for reason "D"'s, to wait and if 180 days passes to call them back.

The last enquiry I made was concerning my sister-in-laws wedding we would like to attend out of Country. The lady on the info line said to write a letter to the service center with copies of the wedding documents and make an enquiry directly that way about my card. Well, wouldn't you know my original letter with a standard cover letter stating to contact the information line for support & questions was returned to me May 28th, 2008.

As it stands, I have no Receipt Notice, No expired greencard and no way of knowing if they even have my I-90 and it hasn't been lost in the shuffle somewhere. I am thinking about contacting my state representative for assistance but have no idea who that is (Lafayette, IN). I have to drive almost 2 hours for an info pass appointment and I don't even have a receipt number or any thing to prove that I am eligible to receive a stamp in my passport. Should I keep waiting???

I'll never be so glad to be done with this whole process *sigh*

~Jamie

americanflag7ak.gifcanadianflag5zz.gif

SEPTEMBER 17, 2004 -> MARRIED!

OCTOBER 18, 2004 -> MAILED AOS, AP,

OCTOBER 27, 2004 -> NOA's RECV'D I485, I130, I765, I131

DECEMBER 10, 2004 -> FINGERPRINTING & BIOMETRICS

DECEMBER 15, 2004 -> AP ARRIVES IN MAIL

DECEMBER 17, 2004 ->EAD ARRIVES IN MAIL

AUGUST 17, 2005 -> SUCCESSFULLY USED AP

SEPTEMBER 17, 2005 -> E-FILED EAD RENEWAL

SEPTEMBER 28, 2005 -> INTERVIEW NOTICE ARRIVES FOR NOV1 @ 9:40AM

OCTOBER 19, 2005 -> FINGERPRINTING FOR EAD RENEWAL

NOVEMBER 1, 2005 -> AOS INTERVIEW, APPROVED PENDING BACKGROUND CHECK

NOVEMBER 23, 2005-> WELCOME TO AMERICA LETTER ARRIVES

NOVEMBER 25, 2005 -> *** GREEN CARD ARRIVES ***

SEPTEMBER 24, 2007 -> PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON GC RECEIVED

FEBRUARY 15, 2008 -> CONDITIONS REMOVED - NEW 10 YR GREEN CARD RECEIVED

FEBRUARY 20, 2008 -> I-90 REASON "D" FILED -> WAITING...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, in spite of it being 2 hours drive, you need to make an Infopass appointment and go. Do you have copies of your paperwork you submitted for the replacement card? Basically, what USCIS will need is your A# - which will be on your expired temporary card as well as your paperwork, and proof you are who you say you are. You should be able to get the I-551 stamp in your passport at the very least and this will allow you to travel safely and return to the US for your sister-in-law's wedding. They should also be able to tell you the status of your replacement card application. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

What Kathryn said. Go for an Infopass appointment and ask for a stamp on your passport. Good Luck!

I had to return my card too, because of a typo. But this was only in late April. No NOA - nothing.

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

Back in early February I received my new green card after successfully lifting conditions on my conditional card. However the card said I was "male" which is an obvious error so I completed the Form I-90 reason "D", sent the card with error and no payment back to the California Service Center. It was received by USCIS and signed for on February 20th, 2008. I have attempted to make several inquiries with the mis-information line about the status on my card and have been told each time they are no longer giving out Receipt notices for reason "D"'s, to wait and if 180 days passes to call them back.

The last enquiry I made was concerning my sister-in-laws wedding we would like to attend out of Country. The lady on the info line said to write a letter to the service center with copies of the wedding documents and make an enquiry directly that way about my card. Well, wouldn't you know my original letter with a standard cover letter stating to contact the information line for support & questions was returned to me May 28th, 2008.

As it stands, I have no Receipt Notice, No expired greencard and no way of knowing if they even have my I-90 and it hasn't been lost in the shuffle somewhere. I am thinking about contacting my state representative for assistance but have no idea who that is (Lafayette, IN). I have to drive almost 2 hours for an info pass appointment and I don't even have a receipt number or any thing to prove that I am eligible to receive a stamp in my passport. Should I keep waiting???

I'll never be so glad to be done with this whole process *sigh*

~Jamie

We had congressman Visclosky http://www.house.gov/visclosky/ look into our missing GC case and it worked. Not sure who your congressman is, but try contacting this one - it might work. Have to say congressman Evan Bahn was of absolutely no help.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I sent my I-90 in Dec 2007. June 2008 we had nothing, no card and no details from USCIS. We made an infopass appoinment straight away. They told us that they had sent the new card in Jan 2008. Well we never recieved it. USCIS said we will have to pay a fee to get a new card. We have contacted our congressman about this and his office is helping us out. We should hopefully get a new card without the fee soon. Hopefully one without errors. But that is a whole other can of worms.

Contact your congressman. Give them 1-2 weeks to respond. If they can't help contact another. I contacted one congressman and 2 Senators. Only the congressman has made an effort in helping.

11-05-06 Sent I-130 to California

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-04-07 Received VISA in the mail. Silly Consulate issued me CR-1 instead of IR-1, no time to change it in Australia, will try to change it once in California.

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

07-12-07 Receive Green Card in the mail STILL HAD CR1 INSTEAD OF IR1

12-10-07 Finally sent I-90 asking for a new green card with correct info.

06-17-08 INFOPASS - Was told USCIS sent new green card to old address back in Jan. Will resend it but may not be able to correct error as it was made by Consulate not USCIS.

What to do now??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.