4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi,

I am sorting through all of the paperwork for AOS, as we hope to apply within the next week or 2, and I am confused about the vaccination supplement. My fiance came on a K1 and just had his medical in Algiers about 7 weeks ago. However, in the rush to get everything done, he didn't get a copy of the form his doctor filled out. It is my understanding that he only has to get a vaccination supplement now. However, the only thing he has is a little card his dr. gave him with some scrawly writing on it that I can barely read. It is in Arabic and French, and it only has 2 vaccines listed on it. He insists that he got more vaccines than that, though.

How does the supplement work? Does he have to get every vaccine listed on the form? If so, what if he has already had that vaccine? Won't it make him sick? (I know you're not all doctors on here, so that might be a silly question, but it's one I'm worried about). Is there any way to get a copy of the actual form the doctor in Algiers filled out for the embassy?

Thanks for all of your help! VJ'ers rock!

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Hi,

I am sorting through all of the paperwork for AOS, as we hope to apply within the next week or 2, and I am confused about the vaccination supplement. My fiance came on a K1 and just had his medical in Algiers about 7 weeks ago. However, in the rush to get everything done, he didn't get a copy of the form his doctor filled out. It is my understanding that he only has to get a vaccination supplement now. However, the only thing he has is a little card his dr. gave him with some scrawly writing on it that I can barely read. It is in Arabic and French, and it only has 2 vaccines listed on it. He insists that he got more vaccines than that, though.

How does the supplement work? Does he have to get every vaccine listed on the form? If so, what if he has already had that vaccine? Won't it make him sick? (I know you're not all doctors on here, so that might be a silly question, but it's one I'm worried about). Is there any way to get a copy of the actual form the doctor in Algiers filled out for the embassy?

Thanks for all of your help! VJ'ers rock!

I/we did not receive any paper work following the medical examination done in-country, as is the case for many Beneficiaries depending on the country/consulate they're dealing with, and apparently in your case also.

In our case my fiancee (now wife) was just given the sealed envelope, nothing more.

When I applied for AOS I included a letter in my package that described the circumstances and that if necessary we would do the supplement if we had a copy of the medical. I stated that I cannot "supplement" what I don't have and was not given (the DS-3025 or I-693).

My case was transferred to CSC where we were subsequently approved with no interview.

So, it appears that not everyone requires a supplement. You may, or may not depending upon whether or not he had all his vaccinations and he doesn't require any booster shots, etc..

If you wish to be absolutely safe in terms of whether or not you need it you can find a CS that can give a titer test and then from those results have the CS fill out the I-693A supplement.

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I did receive a copy of the vaccination sheet. That's all we submitted.

To answer your question about getting the shots, I got the shots that I got when I was a child and for diseases I already suffered. I explained that to the doctor and even provided a medical record from my former employer that stated so, but since it was a recent date and I suffered the diseases back in 1977 and 1982 they said that they would need the records from my pediatrician... Imagine that! So, I had to let them "shot" me again. I even showed the doctor the scar from "varicella" I still have, anyway, they needed more proofs and make me a test to determine that I already had suffered that disease. (How in the world you would ever forget that you once had varicella when you were 10????!!!!) Several shots and $160 more later I had everything I needed to have them filled the forms! of course, plus paying for the medical test too!

THis happened a year ago back in my country, and I can say that nothing wrong happened to me after receiving the shots... so, don't worry for that. I survived!!! :lol:

Good luck!

Princesa

12/06/04 - I-129F mailed to Nebraska Service Center

02/14/05 Got RFE via email

02/17/05 Received RFE snail mail

02/19/05 Sent the original forms requested

02/28/05 Approved NOA 2 (email)

03/04/05 Received NOA2 (mail)

04/06/05 Pack. 4 - appointment date for mid May, 2005!!!

05/16/05 Inteview and visa granted!!!

06/16/05 Arrived to US

07/09/05 WEDDING DAY!!!

08/13/05 AOS, EAD and AP mailed to Chicago Lock Box

10/04/05 AP approved! :)

11/08/05 Biometrics taken

03/22/06 We received the letter for the AOS interview!!! it is scheduled for May 11th ...

And still waiting for my EAD.... Can you believe it?

11/05/06 AOS interview. APPROVED!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

You have to go to a civil surgeon to fill out the vaccine supplement I-693A form. For that you need a record of all the vaccines you had so far, which the civil surgeon will transfer onto the supplement form.

You could try contacting the doctor in algiers to have a copy mailed to you, then take that to the civil surgeon's. Else without proof, you might be asked to take the shots all over again, which although not harmful, are quite expensive.

K1

06-04-05 Met my fiancee in London

08-20-05 Engagement in Manchester, UK

09-07-05 Filed for I-129F

09-14-05 I-129F NOA1 Receipt

10-11-05 I-129F NOA2 Approved

10-13-05 NVC mails petition to US embassy in London

11-07-05 Received packet from US embassy

01-12-05 Medical Examination

02-03-06 Interview Date

02-06-06 Visa Received

03-10-06 U.S. Entry at Newark Liberty Intl.

AOS

04-03-06 Got Married

04-11-06 Picked up Marriage Certificate

04-13-06 Applied for Social Security

04-15-06 Went to Civil Surgeon's for I-693A

04-17-06 Picked up I-693A from Civil Surgeons

04-19-06 Received Social Security card

04-22-06 Sent AOS package

05-04-06 Checks cashed for AOS and EAD

05-06-06 NOA1 received for AOS and EAD

05-13-06 AOS and EAD touched

05-15-06 Appt. letter for Biometrics

05-20-06 Biometrics Appointment

05-25-06 AOS and EAD touched

07-20-06 EAD Approved

07-25-06 EAD received in mail

07-27-06 Notice for interview

09-26-06 AOS Approved

114952351596656.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.