KaiserD

K1 Question Time

8 posts in this topic

`lo :)

I suspect like most people here I am over worrying about the evidence I submitted with the application. Especially since there was only one or two photos of us actually together in the same picture that counted, and they were digital so no date printed. (There were a couple of originals that were outside of the two years that we met)

I'm sure I've scanned every airline ticket and passport stamp that I've got, phone call bills, a letter he sent me. Oh a credit card receipt and tickets to Zoo Atlanta it was such a lovely day too :luv:. Letter of intent, letter saying how we met and sustained our relationship even a couple of day to day conversations though I'm sure they will think them unrelevant. Oh and credit card bill for wedding dress, and a statement of account we opened between us last time I visited.

Not long ago my other half (the USC) came to stay with me and we took more photos then but as I understand it, if it's outside of the 2 years it does not count as evidence? Isn't that a bit silly considering if we get rejected and start it again then it would be available as evidence?

I was thinking of doing an updated, more detailed letter of how we met and supply these new pictures, can I do this now or do I have to wait for an RFE before it will get accepted?

I've been lurking on this forum for months, I keep meaning to join. It feels so comforting knowing there are others stressed out waiting for their NOA2s. Hope everything goes smoothly for you all (L)(L)

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If they want something, they will ask for it. Do not send anything to them, it will most likely never catch up to your file.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

I think you have everything covered. I wouldn't worry about it. And welcome. :)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

You will be fine. Just relax and wait like the rest of us. I know easier said than done. I too am worrying about getting an RFE but there is no reason to stress over it because it is what it is. We are all here if you ever need somebody to talk to.

Good Luck!

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: Timeline

KaiserD,

Being digital is not why no date printed. Either the picture-taking device doesn't have the date feature, the date feature was turned off, or the pictures were cropped eliminating the date. (Most digital cameras will put a date on a photo if the feature is turned on, and the date will print unless cropped off.)

"Not long ago" means more recent than the submission of the petition? Then yes, the recent pictures would not be evidence that you had met during the 2-year period prior to the submission of the petition.

Information submitted without solicitation (without an RFE) does not often get matched up with the case file. It's outside the process that is in place to handle the cases. Usually (always?) a wasted effort. And again, the new pictures will not help the existing case.

Yodrak

I suspect like most people here I am over worrying about the evidence I submitted with the application. Especially since there was only one or two photos of us actually together in the same picture that counted, and they were digital so no date printed. (There were a couple of originals that were outside of the two years that we met)

Not long ago my other half (the USC) came to stay with me and we took more photos then but as I understand it, if it's outside of the 2 years it does not count as evidence? Isn't that a bit silly considering if we get rejected and start it again then it would be available as evidence?

I was thinking of doing an updated, more detailed letter of how we met and supply these new pictures, can I do this now or do I have to wait for an RFE before it will get accepted?

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

ll (L)(L)

Was this more than 2 years ago??

If not, it could be used as evidence in case they want more proof of meeting by way of a RFE.

Otherwise, dont send them anything unsolicted, as it will never be matched up against your file. Just wait for now and see what happens.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Thanks again people :D

I realised something while I was posting the message up. Even if I get an RFE if I can find the paperwork that says the date we opened the account with BoA then that should prove we were at the same time place e.t.c

I put a statement in there but doubt it has the account open date on it

p.s there were some photos before 2 years ago, some during the two years (only a few) and some recently after the petition was filed.

Edited by KaiserD
mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.