nkid

Filing an I-130 petition for my wife, need help with documents.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I'm in a process of filing an I-130 petition for my wife who is currently in Pakistan but first let me give you a little introduction of myself I'm a Permanent Resident in the USA (Holding a green card) I was immigrated to the USA through relative petition which my mother filed for me I recently got married in Pakistan, below is the list of documents I have already gather to send out the packet to USCIS.

Marriage Certificate with English Translation.

Birth Certificate of my wife with English Translation.

Her two recent passport style photographs.

Two passport style photographs of myself.

A check payable to USCIS of 355 dollars.

An I-130 form along with A G325A form.

Do I need more documents? I was reading the checklist for I-130 petition on your website and I saw that I need to represent bona fides for my marriage; I'm not sure what that is? Do I need more documents to prove the bona fides? IF yes what documents do I require?

My other question is that on the I-130 form on question number 14 which says 'If you are a lawful permanent resident alien, complete the following, Date and place of admission for or adjustment to lawful permanent

Residence and class of admission'

What do i need to fill in this I entered the USA at JFK airport in October 2007 and also what is my class of admission?

One more thing which I would like to ask is that in the G325A form I have to provide the information of my wife's parents both of her parents are deceased so is it important that I write their date, place of birth or I should just write deceased there with their full names. Does my wife have to sign the G325A form since she is in Pakistan I am asking this because she is in Pakistan I will have to send the G325A to Pakistan or she can download it from the internet sign it and send it back to me? Or should I just leave the Signature space empty.

I don't know if I’m posting this on the right section of your forum I apologize in advance if I’m not. Also how long does it take USCIS to approve the case? The main thing which I’m stuck is what document should I represent to prove the bona fides, Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Imran Hashmi.

Hi. We are also filing for the same. Here are the list of some other documents which our immigration lawyer asked us to prepare together with I-130.

1. Marriage Contract (authenticated)

2. Copy of my birth certificate

3. Copy of my husbands birth certificate

4. Copy of my husbands passport.

5. G325-A duly signed (for both of us) - it means your wife should sign it. She could download it online. Be sure to download the latest version.

6. Passport size photos (for both of us)

For other relevant documents that may evidence that bonafides the marriage.

1. our e-mails and chat logs

2. pictures of wedding and pictures together

3. affidavits (notarized) from 3rd party who have knowledge of ongoing marital union.

4. the lease of contract in the house we rented (notarized)

5. our wedding venue contract or banquet copy (notarized)

6. his plane tickets and copy of itenerary.

7. If you have joint accounts or proof of remittances to ur wife (that would be good too).

8. his credit card bill and bank statements (money which we used when we were together).

There is no problem if her parents were deceased. She just needs to put the birthdate. Birthplace (if known).

Anyway, I hope the info would help you.

Goodluck to our journey..

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i dont think u need birth certs...cuz i didnt send in any birth certs just marriage certs...

Married 2/14/2008

Back to U.S from India: 3/30/2008

I 130 Sent (normal mail) 3/31/2008

NOA1 4/08/2008

Touched 4/11/2008

Touched 6/10/2008

Touched 6/18/2008

Touched 7/08/2008

Approved 7/08/2008

Touched 7/09/2008

NOA2 IN HAND 7/14/2008

NVC Received : 7/17/2008

Emailed DS-3032: 7/18/2008

IIN # : 7/18/2008

Email DS3032: 7/18/2008 (no auto email again)

Email DS3032: 7/19/2008 ( auto email this time)

Paid online AOS fee: 7/21/2008

AOS fee and DS-3032 generated: 7/22/2008

NVC accepted the AOS fee bill: 7/25/2008 (printed out bar code for I864)

Mailed I864 7/25/2008

Hard copy received DS-3032, AOS fee bill: 7/26/2008

Mailed DS-3032 7/28/2008...cant waste time waiting for the email

NVC received I864 7/28/2008 (per usps)

NVC received DS-3032 7/29/2008 (per usps)

DS-3032 Entered into the system 7/29/08

Paid IV bill fee 7/31/2008

Online payment status PAID 8/1/2008

AVR changed to IV fee bill generated: 8/1/2008

Received Hard copy IV fee bill 8/9/2008

Mailed DS-230 8/12/2008

NVC received DS-230 8/13/2008

DS-230 entered into system: 8/14/2008

Case Completed: 8/25/2008

Peace Out NVC: 09/16/2008

Hello...... Mumbai: 9/19/2008

VFS visit: 9/22/2008

Medical: 9/26/2008

Interview Date 10/01/2008 VISA GRANTED

POE (O'hare) 10/10/2008 :( there goes my freedom......new life begins :)

Applied for SSN: 10/14/2008

Received SSN: 10/23/2008

Got Ohio Permit: 10/31/08, Took the test, Failed. Retest 11/1/08 Failed, Retest 11/4/08 Passed, Got her license, no road test required in Ohio, she had international license!

Timeline
i dont think u need birth certs...cuz i didnt send in any birth certs just marriage certs...

Thank You confusedgal for all your help it was very helpful, So do you think if i only send the marriage photos that should be helpful? Yoke did you sent anything like that when you posted yours petition, Thank you for your help again ya'll.

Thank You confusedgal for all your help it was very helpful, So do you think if i only send the marriage photos that should be helpful? Yoke did you sent anything like that when you posted yours petition, Thank you for your help again ya'll.

Your most welcome. You could send some marriage photos and some other photos of you as a couple. All documents which you think could prove that there is an ongoing marital relationship. It is better to be safe than experience delays..

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i didnt send no marriage pics just the 2 required pics that are needed by uscis. and of course the marraige certs thats all

Married 2/14/2008

Back to U.S from India: 3/30/2008

I 130 Sent (normal mail) 3/31/2008

NOA1 4/08/2008

Touched 4/11/2008

Touched 6/10/2008

Touched 6/18/2008

Touched 7/08/2008

Approved 7/08/2008

Touched 7/09/2008

NOA2 IN HAND 7/14/2008

NVC Received : 7/17/2008

Emailed DS-3032: 7/18/2008

IIN # : 7/18/2008

Email DS3032: 7/18/2008 (no auto email again)

Email DS3032: 7/19/2008 ( auto email this time)

Paid online AOS fee: 7/21/2008

AOS fee and DS-3032 generated: 7/22/2008

NVC accepted the AOS fee bill: 7/25/2008 (printed out bar code for I864)

Mailed I864 7/25/2008

Hard copy received DS-3032, AOS fee bill: 7/26/2008

Mailed DS-3032 7/28/2008...cant waste time waiting for the email

NVC received I864 7/28/2008 (per usps)

NVC received DS-3032 7/29/2008 (per usps)

DS-3032 Entered into the system 7/29/08

Paid IV bill fee 7/31/2008

Online payment status PAID 8/1/2008

AVR changed to IV fee bill generated: 8/1/2008

Received Hard copy IV fee bill 8/9/2008

Mailed DS-230 8/12/2008

NVC received DS-230 8/13/2008

DS-230 entered into system: 8/14/2008

Case Completed: 8/25/2008

Peace Out NVC: 09/16/2008

Hello...... Mumbai: 9/19/2008

VFS visit: 9/22/2008

Medical: 9/26/2008

Interview Date 10/01/2008 VISA GRANTED

POE (O'hare) 10/10/2008 :( there goes my freedom......new life begins :)

Applied for SSN: 10/14/2008

Received SSN: 10/23/2008

Got Ohio Permit: 10/31/08, Took the test, Failed. Retest 11/1/08 Failed, Retest 11/4/08 Passed, Got her license, no road test required in Ohio, she had international license!

Timeline
i didnt send no marriage pics just the 2 required pics that are needed by uscis. and of course the marraige certs thats all

I'm a bit confused dont know what to send to prove bona fides, I'm thinking to send the pictures anway. I hope that'll be enough.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I'm in a process of filing an I-130 petition for my wife who is currently in Pakistan but first let me give you a little introduction of myself I'm a Permanent Resident in the USA (Holding a green card) I was immigrated to the USA through relative petition which my mother filed for me I recently got married in Pakistan, below is the list of documents I have already gather to send out the packet to USCIS.

Do I need more documents? I was reading the checklist for I-130 petition on your website and I saw that I need to represent bona fides for my marriage; I'm not sure what that is? Do I need more documents to prove the bona fides? IF yes what documents do I require?

My other question is that on the I-130 form on question number 14 which says 'If you are a lawful permanent resident alien, complete the following, Date and place of admission for or adjustment to lawful permanent

What do i need to fill in this I entered the USA at JFK airport in October 2007 and also what is my class of admission?

One more thing which I would like to ask is that in the G325A form I have to provide the information of my wife's parents both of her parents are deceased so is it important that I write their date, place of birth or I should just write deceased there with their full names. Does my wife have to sign the G325A form since she is in Pakistan I am asking this because she is in Pakistan I will have to send the G325A to Pakistan or she can download it from the internet sign it and send it back to me? Or should I just leave the Signature space empty.

I don't know if I’m posting this on the right section of your forum I apologize in advance if I’m not. Also how long does it take USCIS to approve the case? The main thing which I’m stuck is what document should I represent to prove the bona fides, Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Imran Hashmi.

This is what took my filing the I130 so long. Your spouse has to send you a passport photo dated within 30 days of the filing date as well as they have to fill out all four pages of the G325A and sign each. You both have to do the photos and G325A. So that is part of why we are behind on it.

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

Filed: Timeline

If you entered on an immigrant visa, JFK is place of admission, you know date (is it the sam as on your GC "resident since"?), and class of admission is also on your GC - like "IR-XX"

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I don't know if I'm posting this on the right section of your forum I apologize in advance if I'm not. Also how long does it take USCIS to approve the case? The main thing which I'm stuck is what document should I represent to prove the bona fides, Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Imran Hashmi.

Note: Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage

The USCIS now requires that when filing an I-130 for a spouse that you include evidence of a bonifide marriage. They list examples of acceptable evidence as:1.Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or2.A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or3.Documentation showing co-mingling of financialresources; or4.Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, thepetitioner, and your spouse together; or5.Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage); or6.Any other relevant documentation to establish that thereis an ongoing marital union.i hope it helps goodluck...

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Marriage: July 16, 2005

I-130 sent: Oct 27, 2007

California Service Center Recieved Oct. 29, 2007

NOA1: Jan 17, 2008

I-130 Approved: April 22, 2008

Received DS-3032/ I-864 Bill: June 3, 2008

AOS bill paid: June 18th 2008

AOS sent : June 30th 2008 Received July 1

AOS cover sheet print out: June 18, 2008

DS230 generated June 22,2008

DS230 PAID June 24, 2004

DS230 received July 3, 2008

NVC Case Completed July 14, 2008

NVC send the Case Complete to USEM Manila: Aug. 5th 2008

USEM recieved complete case from NVC Aug 8th 2008

paid debros aug 22,2008

Medical Sept 9,10 He passed Thank you God. God is always good.

Interview Date: Sept 29, 2008 at USEM Manila 8:30AM APPROVED!!!

Visa In hand: Oct 2, 2008 yahoo

POE Nov 17, 2008.

Green Card and S.S received Nov 28th, 2008

7420.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I don't know if I'm posting this on the right section of your forum I apologize in advance if I'm not. Also how long does it take USCIS to approve the case? The main thing which I'm stuck is what document should I represent to prove the bona fides, Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Imran Hashmi.

Note: Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage

The USCIS now requires that when filing an I-130 for a spouse that you include evidence of a bonifide marriage. They list examples of acceptable evidence as:1.Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or2.A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or3.Documentation showing co-mingling of financialresources; or4.Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, thepetitioner, and your spouse together; or5.Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage); or6.Any other relevant documentation to establish that thereis an ongoing marital union.i hope it helps goodluck...

I used #6 above and sent in 8-10 pictures of us together at various events detailing in the back of each who was in the pic, the event and date, placed them inside a plastic baggie and stapled the baggie to a sheet of 8x10 blank paper. I also included the following copies: Itineraries, copy of passport stamps showing entries, copies of our hotel, grocery shopping, receipts, amuzement park tickets and such, credit card receipt of purchases.

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.