portland

Interview for Condition Remove

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I had my interview on 25th April 08. Me and my was given a set of questions to answer. My wife wrote wrong marriage anniversary date (aug 2004 instead of sep 2004) as we don't celebrte anniversary. Immigration officer did not check the answers at the spot. She told us that she is going to consult her supervisor and then will mail us the decision. I have not heard anything yet & i am very scared. Is anyone went through this kind of situation? How long should i wait & what should I do? Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

I had my interview on 25th April 08. Me and my was given a set of questions to answer. My wife wrote wrong marriage anniversary date (aug 2004 instead of sep 2004) as we don't celebrte anniversary. Immigration officer did not check the answers at the spot. She told us that she is going to consult her supervisor and then will mail us the decision. I have not heard anything yet & i am very scared. Is anyone went through this kind of situation? How long should i wait & what should I do? Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

What is your timeline?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks for your reply. I don't know what do you mean by timeline. My conditional residency expiring on Jan 2009.

I'm confused. So you went for an interview in April 2008. What was that interview for? Your conditional residence expires in Jan 2009. So what are you filing for now?

Rob and Jessica

Thanks for your reply. I don't know what do you mean by timeline. My conditional residency expiring on Jan 2009.

I'm confused. So you went for an interview in April 2008. What was that interview for? Your conditional residence expires in Jan 2009. So what are you filing for now?

I got the interview for removing condition on residency on April 2008 & my residency is expiring on Jan 2009 (after a year extension in Jan 2008)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So your original green card expired in January 2008 and you got an extension for one year to 2009, right? I don't know what will happen with regards to the interview. I think it will depend on how completely you and your wife's answers agree to all the questions, not just the one she got wrong by a month. Did she actually arrive in August and you got married in September? That could certainly explain her confusion. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Do you have any clue as to why you were called for interview? Didn't you have sufficient proof of a bona fide marriage? Is there anything extra-ordinary about your situation?

I know nobody can really predict why USCIS chooses some couple over others, but it would be nice to gather information so we can have a shot at a guess.

I guess if you have nothing to hide, there's nothing to be scared about, but when people are stressed, like I'm sure you were during the interview, they tend to make mistakes. And to have to wait for that decision should be even more stressful.

I suggest to start gathering more evidence in case they request for it.

I got the interview for removing condition on residency on April 2008 & my residency is expiring on Jan 2009 (after a year extension in Jan 2008)

DO: LOS ANGELES

04/24/09 - mailed N400

04/27/09 - N400 received

04/30/09 - NOA1 date

05/04/09 - NOA1 received

05/04/09 - check cashed

05/05/09 - touched

05/13/09 - walk-in biometrics

05/22/09 - biometrics schedule

06/02/09 - interview notice date

06/08/09 - received interview notice

07/30/09 - interview - PASSED :P

08/28/09 - Oath Ceremony

08/29/09 - Passport application

Interviews are random. They are random because computer selects files for interview for so called quality control. That computer gives service centers which files must be interviewed. Service center then selects date for the interview (after checking local office schedule). Then sends file to local office. If no current date is available at local office, service center sends file to local office and local office sit on it till date is available (and so, interview NOA comes in this cases from local office). If file was not selected for interview by computer, then service center has right to wave the interview and adjudicate. If service center suspect that marriage was not bona fide, officer might call for an interview too or ask for RFE. So, that is why some couples even with kids are called for an interview. I have read some mannual on CIS web about the PR through marriage procedures. Looks like they have some system and flag some files if (that is what I remember only) the age differance between husband and wife is large, if USC have petitioned other spouses in the past...

Do you have any clue as to why you were called for interview? Didn't you have sufficient proof of a bona fide marriage? Is there anything extra-ordinary about your situation?

I know nobody can really predict why USCIS chooses some couple over others, but it would be nice to gather information so we can have a shot at a guess.

I guess if you have nothing to hide, there's nothing to be scared about, but when people are stressed, like I'm sure you were during the interview, they tend to make mistakes. And to have to wait for that decision should be even more stressful.

I suggest to start gathering more evidence in case they request for it.

Karina and Tomy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.