idocare

Victor Obinna Ezike Jr.

84 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Please be respectful of one another here, as we all have a unique history. Stop short of personal attacks.

Regards.

You've got to be kidding me!!!!!!!! What does ones history have to do with broadcasting your child's name all over the internet in a derogatory manner?!!! And if I am not mistaken...didnt the OP start the personal attacks in the first place by giving the name, occupation and former place of residence..of her ex-husband...solely for the purpose of making his identity known! WOW!!!

If you can't take the heat...get out the kitchen!!!!!!!

PROPS to you!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I know I have not posted in a while...I have just been very busy with getting my husband adjusted to culture here, kids, work everything.

However, reading post from the women who were hurt by 9ja men I want to say I am sorry and I can accept your grief. Let me share MY story! Dealing with my husband I now know he expects me to behave like a 9ja woman. Over the last year it has taken a lot in me to work with this man!! It has been a give and take between us. At first, I expected him to act like he's American (the good part that is) and he expected me to act as if I was Nigerian. We would argue and fight (still do but not as much). !!!HECK!!!! we even argued when he was still in Nigeria over the phone, internet, email you name the media we would FIGHT!!! However, after we have cooled off, we would discuss and be happy until the next argument.

Did my husband use me for a green card? I must be honest and say initially it was in his mind somewhere when he 1st met me. He will never admit this to me but I would be a fool to not think it was. Most foreigners think that America is so great. Little do they know until they arrive in uncle sam's system. Anyone you meet that is from Nigeria wants to leave 9ja! They love their country dearly but want to leave. Makes no sense to me but it is what it is. :bonk:

I am just saying to those who have been used and the ones that are going through the process, many times it is not that they were/are using you. He is going into the marriage as blind as you are. It is that in his mind he is saying he is going to give the marriage a chance but you don't want to compromise. If it doesn't work he says "I am out of here". It is important to talk about expectations before "jumping the broom". He may be expecting you to behave like the women in his country which is understandable. That is where he has lived all of his life. You need to evaluate the motives of your SO and yours as well for getting married. How much of his marriage proposal is getting the Green Card, money or some other gains or does he actually want a marriage.

In my own situation, my husband appreciates that I am a good woman, very supportive and have qualities that are worth sticking it out. (toot :dance: toot :dance: ) Are there things about my husband that I want to change? Yes, he's not perfect. But I have to let go of my high expectations and other things in order to make the marriage work. If you treat your SO with love, respect & treat him so good, if he has intentions of leaving you he would have to be a very low human being to leave without care. (This is prior to you doing your research, ie. his prior marriage(s) and children, how badly he wants money, etc.). Only God would punish him by placing a heap of hot coals on his head.

I hope that this has touched someone in a positive way. I just know that I can only speak of my personal experience and not all Africans are low down dirty scammers. Remember that all foreigners want to come to America, the land of opportunity. It is not until they get here they want to go back but not until they make that money! :rofl:

Please be respectful of one another here, as we all have a unique history. Stop short of personal attacks.

Regards.

You've got to be kidding me!!!!!!!! What does ones history have to do with broadcasting your child's name all over the internet in a derogatory manner?!!! And if I am not mistaken...didnt the OP start the personal attacks in the first place by giving the name, occupation and former place of residence..of her ex-husband...solely for the purpose of making his identity known! WOW!!!

The Visa Journey Moderators are tasked with identifying TOS violations, not issues that personally offend individuals on the basis of moral stance. If you wish to confer with a Moderator directly, please do so via PM.

Please do not discuss the VJ moderation posture on the forum any further.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Regards.

The Visa Journey Moderators are tasked with identifying TOS violations, not issues that personally offend individuals on the basis of moral stance. If you wish to confer with a Moderator directly, please do so via PM.

Please do not discuss the VJ moderation posture on the forum any further.

oops...my bad. I didn't notice that you were a moderator. My apologies for my response to your post. You are just doing your job. :yes:

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Truth be Told, go sit your instigating A$$ down somewhere. Grrr...This is in regards to TBT.

Do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg

trolls.jpg

TROLL??? ME? I think CHIN UP is a TROLL!!!

Oh well I see that I have 2 choices, let it fall to the bottom or get it locked....My vote is LOCK IT!!! LETS GET IT LOCKED!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.