GaryC

Liberals who care about their fellow man should rethink U.S. energy policy.

69 posts in this topic

Ya vol mon furah

What crappy German! Ganja doesn't improve your language skills.

Reminds me of how Keith Olbermann thinks giving a Nazi salute to his fans is funny. Let's return to the good old days when there was little diversity on TV news. Obama supporters will push for him to dump the First Amendment with a new "Fairness Act".

Obama doesn't like the 1st or 2nd amendment very much. And without those two the rest really don't matter.

Fiction, fiction and more fiction. It's what Faux News does to you.

news_smell.jpg

faux-news-200.jpg

Faux News: We distort, you comply.

bush_sheep.jpg

Yeah right. The left slants all news except Fox. It really burns you up that there is one news outlet you can't control. I am glad to see it bothers you so much. It says they are doing the right thing.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ask Hillary Clinton, even she admits that FOX NEWS was the only fair and balanced news coverage during the entire Democrat Primary. And that coming from a liberal Democrat, one who would know, her own liberal media news outlets ate their own this year! :whistle:

Ya vol mon furah

Reminds me of how Keith Olbermann thinks giving a Nazi salute to his fans is funny. Let's return to the good old days when there was little diversity on TV news. Obama supporters will push for him to dump the First Amendment with a new "Fairness Act".

Obama doesn't like the 1st or 2nd amendment very much. And without those two the rest really don't matter.

news_smell.jpg

faux-news-200.jpg

bush_sheep.jpg

Yeah right. The left slants all news except Fox. It really burns you up that there is one news outlet you can't control. I am glad to see it bothers you so much. It says they are doing the right thing.

Filed: Timeline
Ya vol mon furah

news_smell.jpg

faux-news-200.jpg

bush_sheep.jpg

So he's against the Fairness Act and for the second amendment?

Where has he stated he's against the first two amendments? Where has he advocated to put away with either?

Just because you say so, doesn't make it so.

Ya vol mon furah

news_smell.jpg

faux-news-200.jpg

bush_sheep.jpg

Well, Gary, as long as the smell doesn't make you nauseous. Keep complying. :thumbs:

Well, Gary, as long as the smell doesn't make you nauseous. Keep complying. :thumbs:

The only smell I get is the stench of liberal lies like the ones you keep putting out.

The only smell I get is the stench of liberal lies like the ones you keep putting out.

Which one specifically? What lie have I told?

Just about anything you type is a distortion of the truth.

Filed: Timeline

Which one specifically? What lie have I told?

Just about anything you type is a distortion of the truth.

Be specific. Don't accuse me of telling a lie and then not back up your accusation.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

But you are ok with the President lying ???????????????? I mean if he can lie why can't the rest of us.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I know why you hate Obama, he tells the truth, he should just flat out lie than you might kinda dig him a little. :devil:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Wondering if maybe it would be better not to butt into Gary's monologue ... but

I read in the Financial Times (that liberal rag) a couple days ago that the biggest untapped source of oil in the USA is under Detroit -- referring to the potential of the not-as-Big-as-they-used-to-be 3 to contribute to US energy security by figuring out how to sell energy-efficient cars. GM (Opel) and Ford (Europe) don't do so badly at it in Europe but they haven't found a way to bring that expertise home -- and so they cede market share to the Japanese. Maybe Congress will finally help Detroit by forcing substantial increases in fuel economy ... in effect legislating a demand that they become competitive since they haven't figured out otherwise that they need to be. (I used to work in this industry, on the inside, and know firsthand how severely management there hasn't figure this out.) Oh, who was it who was opposing increases in fuel economy for the past 15 years? Don't think that opposition was exactly rooted in liberalism. Gary, can you help me out there in understanding that?

Maybe Gary hasn't heard of Hubble, a Shell oil analyst who correctly predicted that the USA would peak in its oil production in the late 1960s and begin an irreversible decline. (Is Shell Oil a hotbed of libaralism?) The cries on the right to open this shred of land or that parcel of ocean has been fig leaf to cover an inability to propose an energy policy that has a real, physical basis of working for the long term. You can't power the demands of this country on mined domestic liquid fuels. The resource just isn't there. Sorry Gary, its a scientific fact that you might not be able to do a good job analyzing. But the question hasn't been in serious scientific debate for nearly 40 years. Sure you can find outliers .. but not real, serious debate. The USA is in irreversible decline for oil production. Russia maybe and if it isn't, they are close. Saudi Arabia will be there soon. Iraq would be, but foreign intervention has kept their industry shut down for the last decade. If the chaos there were to magically stop, they might offer a brief reprieve. Things look bleak for a significant increase in production globally of this mined resource. Gotta try something very different. Not sure Gary understands that.

As I said in another thread lately, it is great to be working for a new energy company. I'm humping 60 hrs, 80 hrs, sometimes more a week working to create a sustainable liquid fuel industry that will improve US energy security, mitigate global warming, and help create the basis of an energy economy that will be able to go on indefinitely, rather than living, as Gary seems to advocate, on borrowed time, mining an already depleted resource. It is a very good mid-career change. I suppose if I truly didn't like people or care about the basis of western society sustaining itself energetically, I'd work in plastics and make a lot more money and have a lot more free time.

And this liberal *never* owned a SUV. Presently I own the least fuel economical car I've ever owned -- with an automatic transmission (to make easier for my immigrant wife to learn to drive) that gets only 35 mpg in the city. I've been working the demand side of the equation for decades. Looks a bit countercultural, given all the behemoths I see on the road driven by a solitary occupant.

Leaving fools paradise won't be easy. But it looks like we've been kicked out of the garden. High prices are here to stay. Bush gets only partial credit for that one. The Chinese and Indians also get partial credit, as does the wastefulness we've practiced here the past few decades. Its high time to figure out how to adapt.

:thumbs:

thank you!

Time to turn off the FixedNews, GaryC.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Having been here for 4 years - I can honestly say I've not formed any attachment to any specific TV news network or programming.

I do find the veracity by which people defend what is essentially an extremely flawed corporate product to be a little strange. Most if not all of the TV news media in this country seems to be of a muchness in regard to quality, but Fox News doesn't do anything particularly radical in terms of its programming or journalistic output. You can pick on the coverage of certain issues, like the election, but at the end of the day its as bad as all the rest.

Is it somehow wrong to say this - the way people carry on you'd think that by criticising Fox News you'd think someone wiped their ####### on the family bible. Weird..