saran

Age out and waiting time

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

our case was actually filed on 29 may 1997.

so our priority date was current almost 4 months back i guess.

we had sent the choice of agent papers back to them and paid the fee immigration visa application processing fee.

but we have a few problems please answer

1.we are collecting the papers like birth cirtificates,marriage certificates, and other papers the problem is that it is taking some time mainly due to red tapism.i.e, due to official work.how long our immigration visa application processing free will remain valid.i saw the papers it says that u have to submit papers within one year from paying ur fee bill.but it we will take a bit more time.how can we tell them that please dont let our fee go waist and we are collecting the papers.

2.second problem is that our cousin whose name was not written correctly while pettioning.his name is hissan rabi but on the petition it was written as hissan munir.is there any way to tell them that we had written the wrong name????will they make him wait for years for this???or it is an easy job??can u please tell me a case like that????and what happened in that case???

3.moreover i will turn 21 on 24 january of the next year.if we dont get a call from the embassy or consulate within 7 months(or nine months adding two months took them to approve the petition).will i be left here???if we get a call and are interviewed will my age be freezed for immigration purpose.i read somewhere that the age will be frozen once interviewed.is that true?????

please tell me how long it will take from submitting the ds-230 to get a date for an interview.

please help!!!

i m from pakistan.

is their any eexample in my case or a case similar to that of mine???

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You may want to take a look at this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=110679

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

our case was actually filed on 29 may 1997.

so our priority date was current almost 4 months back i guess.

WHAT TYPE OF VISA? F1, F2, F3, F4???

we had sent the choice of agent papers back to them and paid the fee immigration visa application processing fee.

but we have a few problems please answer

1.we are collecting the papers like birth cirtificates,marriage certificates, and other papers the problem is that it is taking some time mainly due to red tapism.i.e, due to official work.how long our immigration visa application processing free will remain valid.

IT WILL REMAIN VALID FOR 1 YEAR. THIS IS ENOUGH TIME FOR YOU TO GET ALL THE PAPERS.

i saw the papers it says that u have to submit papers within one year from paying ur fee bill.but it we will take a bit more time.how can we tell them that please dont let our fee go waist and we are collecting the papers.

SORRY, BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW AFTER 1 YEAR YOU WILL LOOSE THE MONEY AND THE PETITIONER WILL HAVE TO FILE AGAIN.

2.second problem is that our cousin whose name was not written correctly while pettioning.his name is hissan rabi but on the petition it was written as hissan munir.is there any way to tell them that we had written the wrong name????will they make him wait for years for this???or it is an easy job??can u please tell me a case like that????and what happened in that case???

IF IT WAS THE IMMIGRATION FAULT, THEN BRING THE COPY OF THE ORIGINAL APPLICATION THAT SHOWS YOU PUT YOUR NAME CORRECT, AND IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE; BUT IF IT WAS YOUR FAULT OR THE NAME CHANGED, THEN YOU HAD A LONG TIME TO HAVE CORRECTED IT AND BRING PROOF OF CORRECTION.

THIS HAPPENS IN COLOMBIA WHERE THE LAW NOW ALLOWS PEOPLE TO CHANGE NAMES, LASTNAMES, ETC. THE EMBASSY KNOWS THIS AND REQUEST PROOF FROM THE JUDGE OF THE CHANGE.

HOWEVER, WHEN I SPONSORED MY MOTHER FOR GC; I MADE A MISTAKE AND PUT HER "MARRIED LASTNAME", BUT SHE HAD CHANGED IT BACK TO HER SINGLE LASTNAME, AND ALL HER PAPERS SHOWED HER "SINGLE LASTNAME", BUT THE COUNSEL SAID NO PROBLEM AND FIXED IT RIGHT THERE.

3.moreover i will turn 21 on 24 january of the next year.if we dont get a call from the embassy or consulate within 7 months(or nine months adding two months took them to approve the petition).will i be left here???if we get a call and are interviewed will my age be freezed for immigration purpose.i read somewhere that the age will be frozen once interviewed.is that true?????

I THINK YOU SHOULD BE FINE WITH YOUR AGE; AS SOON AS YOU SUBMIT YOUR PAPERS, EVERYTHING MOVES FASTER, AND YOU SHOULD GET AN APPOINTMENT SOON; ONCE NVC SENDS YOUR CASE TO THE EMBASSY, THEN IT USUALLY TAKES A FEW MONTHS TO SCHEDULE THE APPPOINTMENT. NVC WILL SEND THE CASE TO THE EMBASSY AS SOON AS YOU SEND NVC THE PAPERS.

please tell me how long it will take from submitting the ds-230 to get a date for an interview.

IF THIS IS THE SAME AS THE BIO INFO, THEN IT IS THE LAST FORM THE NVC WILL ASK FROM YOU, AND AFTER THIS, THE NVC WILL SEND THE CASE TO THE EMBASSY.

please help!!!

i m from pakistan.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT IT WILL TAKE MANY MONTHS TO OBTAIN PAPERS FROM THE PAKISTANY GOVERNMENT!!! HERE I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT MY COLOMBIAN GOVERNMENT THAT THEY TAKE LONG, BUT THEY USUALLY TAKE ONE WHOLE DAY TO GIVE YOU POLICE RECORDS AND BIRTH CERTIFICATES, ETC. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT YOU HAVE TO WAIT MANY HOURS IN LINE!!

is their any eexample in my case or a case similar to that of mine???

YES, A FAMILY MEMBER OF MINE IS IN THE SAME SITUATION, EXCEPT THAT SHE WILL BE UNDER 21 BEFORE THE INTERVIEW. MANY PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM ARE ALSO IN SIMILAR SITUATIONS.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

1.Type of the visa is f-4.and i m derivative beneficiary

2.it was the fault of petioner.who did not know the name and wrote the wrong one.

what i culd interpret is that in columbia where the government has given u the right to change your name is not a problem at all.but in pakistan it doesnt happen.but in pakistan if someone changes his name.he is allowed to change after necessary advertisement in newspaper.but i dont know the NVC will accept it or not.

3. in a case of our relatives the embassy made them wait for 9 months????our priority date was current back in feb,08 i think.if the embassy takes 9 monhs in our case.what will happen??

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
1.Type of the visa is f-4.and i m derivative beneficiary

F4: brother or sister of a US citizen. You sponsor should have already contacted the NVC and tell them of the correct name. Your sibbling had a lot of time to do this. The embassy may be suspicious about this and may ask why wasn't it corrected in the so many years you were waiting. You still have to go to the appoitment, even if you do not have all the papers. They will reschedule a new one and this will give you several months to get the papers.

2.it was the fault of petioner.who did not know the name and wrote the wrong one.

what i culd interpret is that in columbia where the government has given u the right to change your name is not a problem at all.but in pakistan it doesnt happen.but in pakistan if someone changes his name.he is allowed to change after necessary advertisement in newspaper.but i dont know the NVC will accept it or not.

Immigration will accept name changes if you have proof. The petitioner (your sibling) should have already done so.

3. in a case of our relatives the embassy made them wait for 9 months????our priority date was current back in feb,08 i think.if the embassy takes 9 monhs in our case.what will happen??

I don't know how far you are in your case, but my sister (whose priority date is not current), was already contacted by NVC. We already sent all the forms (Visa Fee; Affidatit of Support, DS 230, etc. ) We are now waiting for the appointment. I don't know how the NVC functions, but her priority date becomes current next year, and I was surprised that they already requested all the paperwork.

Just follow the NVC instructions. Go to the appointment and if they request a document that you don't have, then explained that it is difficult to obtain; otherwise, they will give you another chance to get the papers

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.