Princesa

How to place a phone call to UK

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hi!

I got information from our phone company that now we have unlimited calls to certain European contries including UK. I have a good friend living there now and I asked her phone number since I can call UK for "free". I got this long number starting with: 44 (0) XXXXXXXXXX.

Please your advice on how to place the call, should I dial: 011 - 44 (00) XXXXXXXXXX?

Thanks in advance!

Princesa

12/06/04 - I-129F mailed to Nebraska Service Center

02/14/05 Got RFE via email

02/17/05 Received RFE snail mail

02/19/05 Sent the original forms requested

02/28/05 Approved NOA 2 (email)

03/04/05 Received NOA2 (mail)

04/06/05 Pack. 4 - appointment date for mid May, 2005!!!

05/16/05 Inteview and visa granted!!!

06/16/05 Arrived to US

07/09/05 WEDDING DAY!!!

08/13/05 AOS, EAD and AP mailed to Chicago Lock Box

10/04/05 AP approved! :)

11/08/05 Biometrics taken

03/22/06 We received the letter for the AOS interview!!! it is scheduled for May 11th ...

And still waiting for my EAD.... Can you believe it?

11/05/06 AOS interview. APPROVED!!

For the UK you should dial :- 01144 then leave off the first 0 of their phone # and dial the remainder of the #

Hope this helps!

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

Hi!

I got information from our phone company that now we have unlimited calls to certain European contries including UK. I have a good friend living there now and I asked her phone number since I can call UK for "free". I got this long number starting with: 44 (0) XXXXXXXXXX.

Please your advice on how to place the call, should I dial: 011 - 44 (00) XXXXXXXXXX?

Thanks in advance!

This is a good utility. You put in the number, where you are calling to/from. And it tells you how to dial.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/dialing.html?p2=136

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

This is a good utility. You put in the number, where you are calling to/from. And it tells you how to dial.

that kinda cool.... :D

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

Thats totally cool!

And I have absolutely no use for it but Ive bookmarked it cos its just so groovy and helpful :thumbs:

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Just curious , but how much does it cost per minute ?

Filing I 360 3rd Nov 2005

Prima facie determination received from Vermont 20th Nov 2005

DIVORCED JANUARY 25th 2006

EAD applied for again (jeez I need to work ) 28th Feb 2006

Removal hearing July 12th 2006

RFE's received for I360 and EAD 13th October 2006

NOID received March 2007

EAD denied March 2007

Back to Immigration Court April 18th 2007

NOID request for evidence received USCIS 3rd May 2007

I 360 touched May 31st 2007

I 360 actually approved May 30th 2007

EAD filed June 23rd 2007

I 485 filed July 24th 2007

NOA1 for I 485 August 1st 2007

EAD approved August 6th 2007

Medical with CS August 28th 2007

Biometrics August 24th 2007

Paperwork sent to Immigration Judge to finally terminate removal proceedings September 10th 2007

GREEN CARD FINALLY APPROVED AFTER 4 YEARS September 9th 2008 :D

N-400 Filed online 03/04/2018

NOA online 03/05/2018- projected Citizenship completion date December 2018

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

Thats totally cool!

And I have absolutely no use for it but Ive bookmarked it cos its just so groovy and helpful :thumbs:

I used it when I travelled to Europe and wanted to call my fiance in Thailand. I figured out the number before I went.

this is cool too (from the same site)

World clock meeting planner

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Thank you very much for the tips!!!

Now, how much it costs per minute... nothing extra! with Vonage unlimited plan we pay $24.99 a month plus taxes for unlimited local and long distance (US) and NOW, we have unlimited to 7 European countries such as UK.

I understad that there are other VOIP (phone through internet) services that also include unlimited calls to several countries. Check the options and pick the one you find better for your needs. So far, Vonage has worked fine for us, but as I said before, there are other providers of this service that you could try:

http://www.broadvoice.com/

http://www.sunrocket.com/

http://www.viatalk.com/voip_service_provid...rnet_access.htm

and some more...

Princesa

12/06/04 - I-129F mailed to Nebraska Service Center

02/14/05 Got RFE via email

02/17/05 Received RFE snail mail

02/19/05 Sent the original forms requested

02/28/05 Approved NOA 2 (email)

03/04/05 Received NOA2 (mail)

04/06/05 Pack. 4 - appointment date for mid May, 2005!!!

05/16/05 Inteview and visa granted!!!

06/16/05 Arrived to US

07/09/05 WEDDING DAY!!!

08/13/05 AOS, EAD and AP mailed to Chicago Lock Box

10/04/05 AP approved! :)

11/08/05 Biometrics taken

03/22/06 We received the letter for the AOS interview!!! it is scheduled for May 11th ...

And still waiting for my EAD.... Can you believe it?

11/05/06 AOS interview. APPROVED!!