Ximena

November Filer, still no NOA2???

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi I am Ximena from Chile and my USC fiancee and I are also November filers... the only thing that has happened is my fiancee (USC) rec'd a notice for his biometric interview in Dallas.

The USCIS website has never changed... still says...

On November 6, 2007, we received this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Here is our timeline...

11/5/07 Attorney Overnighted I-129F Pkg to USCIS

11/6/08 Rec'd by VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

2/17/08 Last Update (Touch?)

4/13/08 Rec'd ASC Appointment Notice for USC Biometrics in Dallas

4/24/08 USC Biometrics Appointment in Dallas

The USCIS website (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=VSC) says they are processing Nov 17 applications... if ours was rec'd Nov 6 and no word... is something wrong???

Anyone have any thoughts or comments?

Gracias!!!

Ximena

--------------------

11/5/07 Attorney Overnighted I-129F Pkg to USCIS

11/6/08 Rec'd by VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

2/17/08 Last Update (Touch?)

4/13/08 Rec'd ASC Appointment Notice for USC Biometrics in Dallas

4/24/08 USC Biometrics Appointment in Dallas

After waiting for 15+ months and no end in sight, we gave up. Writing/Calling Senator and Congressman was a waste of time. For 9 months, all they ever said was, in security clearance. John moved to Chile and we are very happy. We now believe this was the better option anyway with the financial mess in USA and the US Govt burying themselves in debt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The website dates are at best a very poor guideline. Many of us end up outside of their processing dates before we get our NOA2s. You are only a few days outside of the dates, but since you are now outside of the date you can call USCIS and ask them to investigate:-). Is it usual now (after IMBRA) for the US fiance to have a biometrics appointment? I haven't heard of this, but if that is the case, security checks from biometrics can really add a lot of time to an application. It can be several months just waiting for the proper security information to come back and be matched with the file. I would definitely get in contact with USCIS - or have your fiance do it since he is the one in the States - and ask them to check up on your file. It may just 'shake things loose'. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is odd. You should have heard something by now. It is a good idea to keep in contact with them. I definitely would call. I would ask if there is a delay due to RFE or any other issues that you can think of.

Chris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.