5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hello VJ

I have an expiration date on my K1 visa (6 months, until september), and I already send my AOS.

But for my K1 visa I don't understand the reason of the date, after the month of september, what will be my status, if I received anything from USCIS?

TY

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello VJ

I have an expiration date on my K1 visa (6 months, until september), and I already send my AOS.

But for my K1 visa I don't understand the reason of the date, after the month of september, what will be my status, if I received anything from USCIS?

TY

Your visa died when you entered the USA. It's expiration date has zero meaning from that date forward. Your status is now "pending adjustment of status to permanent resident". Welcome to the USA.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hello VJ

TY

k1 visa valid for six months mean that you had 6 months for to use it (one entry only)...

You could come to USA anytime during this 6 months, but just one time...you know?!

After your entry in USA this visa is not valid anymore, (you cannot use it again for to come in USA)... and then you have 90 days (according with the I-94 form) to marry, if not...after that you was going to be illegal here.

After you marry and pass the 90 days, you are actually Out of status, but not illegal. There is a "hole"...some day they will fix this...

So as soon as you apply for AOS better...witch means that now your status is: pending AOS. It is all right.

;)

AOS Timeline 2008

March 20 - Wedding (civil)

April 24 - Sent AOS package (USPS)

April 29 - AOS delivered in Chicago

May 07 - Money order was cashed

May 09 - Received in mail 3 NOAs (AOS, EAD, AP: notice date May,5/2008) - ALL CASES ONLINE

May 12 - Received in mail Biometrics appointment (notice date May,8/2008)

May 16 - Touch (3 cases) ?

May 22 - Biometrics appointment - done

July 07 - AP approval notice and EAD card production ordered (email and online)

July 08 - touch AP and EAD

July 09 - touch EAD

July 10 - email from CRIS, EAD card production ordered

July 14- email from CRIS and online update, EAD aproval notice sent

July 14 - received EAD card

July 15 - received AP document (2 APs)

August 07 - Touch EAD and AP

August 08- Touch AOS

September 19- received letter with appointment for interview

November 4 - interview!!!! APPROVED

November 20 - card production ordered e-mail from CRIS and update online (again 11/24)

November 26 - touch AOS

November 29 - receive Welcome Letter in the mail (dated November,20/2008)

December 1 - email from CRIS (and update online) saying that they send the Welcome letter on December 1 (I received the letter November 29 LOL)

December 2 - touch AOS

December 5 - GREEN CARD arrived (expire in 2 years from the day of the interview)

ROC (LIFTING CONDITIONS) TIMELINE

August 12, 2010 - Sent package

August 14, 2010 - Filed (package received)

August 16, 2010 - NOA date

August 18, 2010 - Check cashed

September 9, 2010 - Received bio. appt. letter

September 27, 2010 - Bio. Appt.

December 20, 2010 - Approval notice by mail

Date of decision 12/15/2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
Hello VJ

TY

Your visa died when you entered the USA. It's expiration date has zero meaning from that date forward. Your status is now "pending adjustment of status to permanent resident". Welcome to the USA.

Ty pushbrk-

i loved you picture of ''visa died''. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.