SimoFati

shools for ESL

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
how did find classes to teach english as a second language :bonk: ?

You can ask/call your local school district, ask at the public library, or look for private classes. My husband studies at Berlitz which is very good, just a bit expensive.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

You can ask/call your local school district, ask at the public library, or look for private classes. My husband studies at Berlitz which is very good, just a bit expensive.

I know where we are, a lot of churches have classes for free. :)

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

thank you very much for the info ..

berlitz I may have to look into that :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Our local community colleges also offer EFL classes and for a nominal fee, the community center offers one every season (which I think is about every 12 weeks).

Where are you located?

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

I know I'm biased because I work there...but my husband studies there as well and it's a good school. They focus more on conversation, which most immigrants need to begin with.

Sometimes local universities offer programs too. If you could find a newspaper for Hispanics or any othere immigrant you're sure to find something in there.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

I know I'm biased because I work there...but my husband studies there as well and it's a good school. They focus more on conversation, which most immigrants need to begin with.

Sometimes local universities offer programs too. If you could find a newspaper for Hispanics or any othere immigrant you're sure to find something in there.

I checked thier web site yesterday , and it said something about an English summer promotion. do you know anything about that? :thumbs:

Our local community colleges also offer EFL classes and for a nominal fee, the community center offers one every season (which I think is about every 12 weeks).

Where are you located?

we have just moved to the orlando florida area ...

Timeline

I checked thier web site yesterday , and it said something about an English summer promotion. do you know anything about that? :thumbs:

Where are you located?

we have just moved to the orlando florida area ...

The cost to study "full time" (15 hours a week) is $400 (and then $40 for the book). The summer promotion is one month free (I think).

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.