Skyler

Does NOA1 mean at least you signed everything?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I was just reading Trevor´s post, about waiting for the NOA1 (as I am in the same boat with the CSC) and wanted to post the last question from the thread as a new topic. If you receive the NOA1 does that mean that there are at least no initial problems with the petition? Like, at least you signed the check? I have heard that people are sent back their entire petition when it has a major problem like a forgotten signature. Did they receive their NOA1 first, or is it just sent back immediately? Thank you in advance for any information.

Edited by Skyler

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I was just reading Trevor´s post, about waiting for the NOA1 (as I am in the same boat with the CSC) and wanted to post the last question from the thread as a new topic. If you receive the NOA1 does that mean that there are at least no initial problems with the petition? Like, at least you signed the check? I have heard that people are sent back their entire petition when it has a major problem like a forgotten signature. Did they receive their NOA1 first, or is it just sent back immediately? Thank you in advance for any information.

as far as i know the noa1 just means that they received ur case

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

NOPE, all it means is that USCIS has received the petition and logged it into the system.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The only thing it means is you sent the right amount of money so they accepted your case. It is all about the money. Now they will proceed to age the file in the dust collection room before they really look at it. :wacko:

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

The only thing it means is you sent the right amount of money so they accepted your case. It is all about the money. Now they will proceed to age the file in the dust collection room before they really look at it. :wacko:

Then the cleaner comes along and dusts the dirt of it thats been on it for weeks.

Edited by william_wallace
beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Then the cleaner comes along and dusts the dirt of it thats been on it for weeks.

OK, thanks y'all, so it at least means that they accepted the form of payment, then. But not necessarily that everything was filled out correctly and signed on the forms. They don't actually look at anything but the money till you see it´s been ´touched´ is that right?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Some are 'touched'... some are not. Can mean something... or maybe not. There is no clear answer.

CSC seems less 'touchy' than VSC. They (CSC) seem to be taking 4-6 months for an approval (NOA2) but some have waited much, much longer *looks sadly at sara*.

It's time to put on your patient face and grab a stool in the uscis waiting room with the rest of us. Welcome. ;)

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.