James&Angela

After NOA2... what else? Next steps, please!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi guys:

Please I need your help. I have not gotten yet the NOA2 but yesterday we were talking with my fiancee about whats the proceedin after getting it. I told him that after CSC sends our file to Peruvian Embassy, they will send me package 3. And after that, what? is there a package 4? When will peruvian embassy inform me about the authorized doctors for medical examination? After I have all my documents and medical examination, I should call to the peruvian embassy for scheduling an appointment for interview or they will send to me a letter giving me an specifical date?

As you can see, dear friends, I need to know what are the next steps, cause I want to have everything prepared and in order for the interview moment. Please if you could help us, we will be very thankful...

Thanks in advance... kisses

Angela (& James, 78 days waiting for NOA2, my love)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Perú

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-17

I-129F received: 2008-03-18

Check cashed by CSC: 2008-03-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-24

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Wedding on

engagedmarrya1.gif

luvprince.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

No, the CSC doesn't send your petition to the US embassy. Once they approve it, they will send it to the NVC (National Visa Center), this can take between 2-7 weeks. When they receive it, they will assign it a case number and then send it to the embassy which can take another 2-6 weeks. The embassy will then send you packet 3, this includes a list of documents that you need to have in hand before the interview, once you have them ready you reply to them telling them that you're all set. When they know you have your documentation ready, they will send you packet 4 which is the interview letter with day and time, this will also have the information needed for your medical.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

From CSC it will go to the NVC which took about 3-4 weeks and the on to the embassy in Lima. They will have it for about another 3 weeks and send you 1 packet, it is #3 & #4 combined. Make sure that you schedule the medical exam as soon as possible and go through the check list and have everything in there for your interview. The instructions in the packet will tell you exactly what you need and what to do. Good luck and feel free to let us know if you need any more questions answered.

Brian & Isa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Oh Lima sends both packets together?

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Aca te mando algunos links necesarios! No te estreses todo saldra bien ...

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/LMA-ME...L-0001-0803.pdf

no puedes ir a hacerte estos examnees todavia tienes q almenos tener la carta de lla entrevista en mano ...

una ves aprobada la peticion tu caso pasa a national visa center, de ahi lo mandan a lima eso toma mas o menos una semana de ahi esperas unos 3 dias y puedes llamar a la embajada peruana a preguntar si les llego tu caso y de ahi te podrian dar el dia de la entrevista!!!

Si tienes otras preguntas no dudes en consultarme

Saludos

Hi guys:

Please I need your help. I have not gotten yet the NOA2 but yesterday we were talking with my fiancee about whats the proceedin after getting it. I told him that after CSC sends our file to Peruvian Embassy, they will send me package 3. And after that, what? is there a package 4? When will peruvian embassy inform me about the authorized doctors for medical examination? After I have all my documents and medical examination, I should call to the peruvian embassy for scheduling an appointment for interview or they will send to me a letter giving me an specifical date?

As you can see, dear friends, I need to know what are the next steps, cause I want to have everything prepared and in order for the interview moment. Please if you could help us, we will be very thankful...

Thanks in advance... kisses

Angela (& James, 78 days waiting for NOA2, my love)

Visa I 130 for Step Daughter

Sept 2010-- Getting documents ready. sent BC out for translation.

March 1st 2012-- Sent documents to USCIS

June 15th 2012 EMAIL OF APPROVAL !!

Dec 15th 2012 -- Interview scheduled ( 1-23-2013)

Jan 9th 2013--Medical Exam

Timeline

Thanks very much guys!

Fwaguy: you re right, the process can vary from one consulate to another, and yes I will check the USA embassy website here in Lima for more details.

Mononoke 28: Well, as Bryan and Isa said, It seems like here in Peru the packets 3 and 4 comes together! I think thats a difference with the colombian proceeding maybe? Fwaguy was right, its possible that the process varies depending on the beneficiary country.

Bryan & Isa: I see that I will receive both packages together! Then I will read the instructions and know exactly what to do. I want to have everything ready for the interview moment, for that reason Im thnking right now in all the possible things I could need for that moment. I get a bit nervous only thinking about the interview but Im sure everything will be ok. James will come to Peru for being with me, so I think that I will feel supported and calm for that moment :) Im sure also that if I have some questions I will let you know, maybe you could help like now.

Thanks to everybody, kisses!

Angela (& James... 79 days and we`re still waiting)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Perú

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-17

I-129F received: 2008-03-18

Check cashed by CSC: 2008-03-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-24

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Wedding on

engagedmarrya1.gif

luvprince.gif

Timeline

Hi,

I'm adding a link that I did earlier for someone else on what's next... I hope that they help! Just keep following links...

Shannon

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1754680

Edited by Shannon and David

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

• 2 weeks later...
No, the CSC doesn't send your petition to the US embassy. Once they approve it, they will send it to the NVC (National Visa Center), this can take between 2-7 weeks. When they receive it, they will assign it a case number and then send it to the embassy which can take another 2-6 weeks. The embassy will then send you packet 3, this includes a list of documents that you need to have in hand before the interview, once you have them ready you reply to them telling them that you're all set. When they know you have your documentation ready, they will send you packet 4 which is the interview letter with day and time, this will also have the information needed for your medical.

Diana

Hi Diana,

I just got my approval (NOA2) mu husband is in the US now, we just received the hard copy. After that as u mentioned it will be send to NVC for case number to be assigned. Are they going to notify me also thru mail? I am currently in the Philippines. When are we going to send the AOS then?? My husband filed me last Feb this year, can u estimate if when can i go to US?

hOPE TO HEAR from you.

Thank you,

Honeyleen

Timeline

Hi Angela again!

Here's what you should be working on in Peru (once you get NOA2)... This is what David brought with him to the interview...

KEY: * = they did not ask for or did not want at the interview itself

OF-156K

datos biográficos (we sent it in per the directions and they wanted it again at the interview; thank god we had another copy)

interview appt letter

pasaporte

certificado de nacimiento, legalizado por la RENIEC

certificado de policía

certificado de penales

certificado de judicales

libreta militar *

2 fotos nuevas - glued onto the ds-156

cualquiera evidencia that he had *

examen médico

he needed to sign the papers that I brought; couldn't sign some of them until he was in the presence of the consulate officer

pay for the tariff - receipt needed!

Don't bother sending in the datos biográficos early, like the packet 3 says when you get it. We did that and then they wanted it again at the interview.

Here's what your fiance should be working on in the States; this is what I brought with me to the interview...

ds-156 - 2 copies for them to keep

ds-157

ds-156k English version that I got online * they only wanted the Spanish one that was sent to David

ds-230 parts 1 & 2 *

I-134 (there's a 3rd page in the packet 3 that I also signed and had notarized; have no idea if I needed to or not, but I did) - notarized

- tax transcripts * - originals

- stocks and bonds papers - copies

- retirement info (2) - copies

- letter from bank - original

- pay stubs - copies

- 2007 taxes - copy; including W-2s

- 2005-2006 taxes - copies, including W-2s

- employer letter - original

copy of I-129F originally sent *

original evidence = phone evidence, receipts from trips (air, hotel, bus, tourism, food, phone cards) *

more phone records * - I had copies for them to keep and originals with me

more emails * - I had copies for them to keep and originals with me

more pics * - I had originals for them to keep

new letters of intent * - originals

NOA1, NOA2 * - I had copies for them to keep and originals

passport *

electronic ticket *

Don't forget to make copies of EVERYTHING that you could hand over if you don't already have copies of those articles!

I hope this helps whoever is coming up next for the interview! Obviously at the interview they can ask for things that they didn't ask me for. I'm just writing what my experience was... The DS-230 was absolutely not needed, however.

Also, please keep in mind that some of these things are specific to the fact that David is a guy and he needed to do a couple of extra papers due to that fact. Also, in some cases it was easier for me to fill in the papers and have David sign them when I got to Peru.

Edited by Shannon and David

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.