8 posts in this topic

Insurance papers, proof of joint accounts, documents showing that each other are the beneficiaries on accts, that sort of thing. Joint credit cards, etc.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

About this proof is it due at the time he files I-130? When my wife filed mine in '07 she did not incude this. Has the rule changed and where online can they go to review it? Is there any site that will tell them exactly what to do. My wife assembled my package and I am clueless. She is out of town so I can not contact her. My friend's wife is reqesting that I gather this info for her because I am experienced. Boy, is she more than wrong. My wife did everything I just signed basically and filled out my own forms and collected needed affadavits.

Now what should she do about the pics? "Photo of" or "Photo of Azim" should go on the label? Just the words "Photos of" or do you also add the names?

Also, if she did not legally change her name on her SS card should she do so prior to applying for the case?

Edited by mr bean

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." ~Charles M. Schulz

ticker_43d762ca733a839226415450b0dbf9d2.png

For the I-130 all your brother needs to submit to prove that he is married is the marriage license/certificate (the one that you get from the county where the marriage is registered). If he's been married before, then he will need to send a copy of the divorce decree.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
For the I-130 all your brother needs to submit to prove that he is married is the marriage license/certificate (the one that you get from the county where the marriage is registered). If he's been married before, then he will need to send a copy of the divorce decree.

eau_xplain is right. Besides marriage certificate, all others are really optional. If you have them, then great.

The I-130 instruction will tell you everything your brother needs to submit.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130instr.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

eau_explain and noelandtintin are right. Marriage Certificate/Marriage License. That's what basically we enclosed to our I-130 petitione before, and Noel is right that others are optional. ( like in our case we opted to enclosed also an affidavit).

Though in some countries, they asked for some proofs aside from marriage certificates.

eau_xplain is right. Besides marriage certificate, all others are really optional. If you have them, then great.

The I-130 instruction will tell you everything your brother needs to submit.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130instr.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.