JoanieD

IR1/CR1 Visa.....DS-230 for my child too....

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello Friends,

I just want to make sure I'm up to speed.....

I have a 13 year old daughter from a previous marriage that will move with me to the US once my VISA are approved.

If I understand correctly, I must complete a DS-230 form for her as well when I send in the DS-230 forms, with the supporting documents and I will need to include the following for her too.......?

Her birth certificate

Passport photos for her

Photocopy of her passport

Is there anything else for her that I'm missing or should know about.....

Thank you once again......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Did the US Citizen petitioner file an I-130 for her?

In order for child to get CR-Visa, the US Citizen must file an I-130 for both mother and child. K-3 does not need an I-130 filed for child, but CR-1 does.

Your profile says K-3, yet you are talking CR-1/IR-1

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

In order for child to get CR-Visa, the US Citizen must file an I-130 for both mother and child. K-3 does not need an I-130 filed for child, but CR-1 does.

Thank you for your reply.

Houston.......I think we have a problem.

You see.....originally we started this journey with a K3 application......but a month ago my husband got a letter in the mail from the NVC to pay the $70-00, and it seemed we will be going the IR1/CR1 route....so we abandoned the K-3 route. You are right.....when we originally filed for the K-3 , my child was automatically included in our petition. I did not know that she is not automatically included in the IR1/CR1 route. What do we do now?

Thanks for your help

Thank you for your reply.

Houston.......I think we have a problem.

You see.....originally we started this journey with a K3 application......but a month ago my husband got a letter in the mail from the NVC to pay the $70-00, and it seemed we will be going the IR1/CR1 route....so we abandoned the K-3 route. You are right.....when we originally filed for the K-3 , my child was automatically included in our petition. I did not know that she is not automatically included in the IR1/CR1 route. What do we do now?

Thanks for your help

I would try to send off the I-130 petition for child ASAP with covering letter explaining your circumstances, requesting they match both applications. I remember reading about a couple who went through the same thing as you and had to urgently send off the I-130 for children involved.

Don't forget that you have to pay separate fees using separate cheques for each application throughout the entire process.

CR-1/IR-1 Journey for Self

12th April 08 - Married in Australia

21st April 08 - Mailed off I-130 but with incorrect title on cheques

30th April 08 - USCIS returned petitions requesting correct title on cheques

2nd May 08 - Mailed out I-130s again! Finally on our way!!!

9th May 08 - NOA-1

7th Nov 08 - Tranferred to CSC

4th Dec 08 - Approved!!!

22nd Dec 08 - NVC # assigned

23rd June 09 - Case Complete at NVC (We slowed down the process on purpose to time interview accordingly)

18th August 09 - Medical

25th August 09 - Interview Date - Approved!!!

19th February 10 - POE L.A (No dramas, just SLOW)

2nd March 10 - Welcome to America Letter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is the other parent still alive? If so you may also need a letter from the other parent allowing the child to come to the US. When I petitioned my step kids on a CR2 the NVC requested a notorized letter form the mother of the children allowing them to immigrate to the US. Also you may want to check the requiremnts of your country. As far as colombia we also had to have a differnt letter notorized in Colombia allowing the kids to leave the country with only one parent.

Good Luck :)

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline
Is the other parent still alive? If so you may also need a letter from the other parent allowing the child to come to the US. When I petitioned my step kids on a CR2 the NVC requested a notorized letter form the mother of the children allowing them to immigrate to the US. Also you may want to check the requiremnts of your country. As far as colombia we also had to have a differnt letter notorized in Colombia allowing the kids to leave the country with only one parent.

Good Luck :)

Yes, the father is alive, but already indicated that he will have no problem with letting her go with me. Do anybody have an idea what this letter needs to look like that he must sign.....?

Timeline

When we got the RFE from the NVC I sent a letter stating

I ( parent letting child go ) allow my children ( child name ) to immigrate to the United States of America. If I can be of any further assistance please contact me at ( Number )

Signed and dated

And Notorized.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10

I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007

Timeline

I ( parent letting child go ) allow my children ( child name ) to immigrate to the United States of America. If I can be of any further assistance please contact me at ( Number )

Signed and dated

And Notorized.

Thank you.......I appreciate the advice........

Timeline

Signed and dated

And Notorized.

Thank you.......I appreciate the advice........

I wrote the letter ( USC ) the mother of the children ( Colombian ) signed it, just in case I was a little confusing.

More Complete Story here

I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.