skegma

Can we get married after getting a k-1 visa????

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
thankyou all for your replies, i really appreciate your help

thankyou all for your answers, i'm really disappointed, i thought there would be a possibility to get married in my country with a fiancee visa in hand, unfortunately in Morocco there is only one marriage, religious and official marriage is the same...i don't think my family will agree with letting me go without marriage....k-3 is the solution but it takes too long and we want to be together as soon as possible :crying:

I AM NOT AGREE WITH YOU BECAUSE RELIGIOUS MARRIAGE IN MOROCCO ITS NOT SAME AS LEGAL.

IF U GO TO ADUL IT IS LEGAL, BEFORE WHEN U GO TO ADUL IT IS ISLAMIC BUT NOT ANYMORE NOW EVERYTHING IS CHANGED.

IF U BRING 12 SH'HUD AND READ QURAN IN UR HOUSE WITH THE ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR FAMILY ESPECIALLY THE FATHER THEN IT IS ISLAMICLY MARRIED, THEN HE WILL BE UR HUSBAND IN FRONT OF PEOPLE AND GOD BUT NOT LEGAL (LEGAL =JUST TO KEEP UR RIGHTS) DO NOT SHOW TO EMBASSY ANY SIGN U R MARRIED!!!

I WISH THAT HELPED A LITTLE

SALAM

thanks for your reply but i really didn't know about this 12 chahid staff, does it really happen in morocco, do we need adoul or just the 12 chahid????? plz answer back

No adoul needed u will have just to bring imam who will read quran and ur family which we call it "sadaqa" and it means in islam "tahleel" in this case. after "tahleel" ur fiance is halal for u in front of God and people!

Good luck!!

thanks so much for you answer, now i feel more relaxed, may i ask if you've done the same ??? and how much it take here in casablanca to get a k-1 visa, is it tough????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

thankyou all for your answers, i'm really disappointed, i thought there would be a possibility to get married in my country with a fiancee visa in hand, unfortunately in Morocco there is only one marriage, religious and official marriage is the same...i don't think my family will agree with letting me go without marriage....k-3 is the solution but it takes too long and we want to be together as soon as possible :crying:

I AM NOT AGREE WITH YOU BECAUSE RELIGIOUS MARRIAGE IN MOROCCO ITS NOT SAME AS LEGAL.

IF U GO TO ADUL IT IS LEGAL, BEFORE WHEN U GO TO ADUL IT IS ISLAMIC BUT NOT ANYMORE NOW EVERYTHING IS CHANGED.

IF U BRING 12 SH'HUD AND READ QURAN IN UR HOUSE WITH THE ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR FAMILY ESPECIALLY THE FATHER THEN IT IS ISLAMICLY MARRIED, THEN HE WILL BE UR HUSBAND IN FRONT OF PEOPLE AND GOD BUT NOT LEGAL (LEGAL =JUST TO KEEP UR RIGHTS) DO NOT SHOW TO EMBASSY ANY SIGN U R MARRIED!!!

SALAM

thanks for your reply but i really didn't know about this 12 chahid staff, does it really happen in morocco, do we need adoul or just the 12 chahid????? plz answer back

No adoul needed u will have just to bring imam who will read quran and ur family which we call it "sadaqa" and it means in islam "tahleel" in this case. after "tahleel" ur fiance is halal for u in front of God and people!

Good luck!!

thanks so much for you answer, now i feel more relaxed, may i ask if you've done the same ??? and how much it take here in casablanca to get a k-1 visa, is it tough????

If you decide to do this, dont take any photos to the interview of it, they may interpret it to being a wedding and will deny.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline

SALAM

Good luck!!

If you decide to do this, dont take any photos to the interview of it, they may interpret it to being a wedding and will deny.

Sal and jay is right if u decide to marry islamicly then don't bring photos that shows that because if they think it is marriage they will deny u saying u had to file for K3 visa not for k1 !!

no i didnt do same! we didnt have time he came for 4 days we asked adoul but no one helps and i asked the imam and he says that to me but it was too late!!my family seen him and they trust him!!

i wanna ask u if he is muslim? cuz religious marriage u both must have the same religion !!

Good luck

In the name of Allah most gracious most merciful

AOS Timeline

04/03/2009 Vaccination updated (form I-693)

08/11/2009 AOS application sent

08/13/2009 USCIS received AOS application

08/18/2009 NOAS I-485,I-765, I131 DATED

08/19/2009 Check cashed

08/21/2009 NOAS HARD COPIES RECEIVED

08/31/2009 Biometric letter received dated 8-26-09

09/08/2009 Applied for State ID

09/09/2009 State ID issued

09/10/2009 Case transferred to CSC

09/14/2009 Received the transfer notice in the mail

09/17/2009 Case received and pending

09/22/2009 Biometric Appointment 11:00 AM, Touched on I-485 and I-765

09/23/2009 Touched on I-485 and I-765

10/09/2009 I-131 APPROVED, I-765 card ordered

10/14/2009 I-765 card ordered again

10/15/2009 I-765 touched, AOS Approved

10/16/2009 Touched I-485, AP received in mail

10/19/2009 EAD approval sent Oct 16th, EAD received in mail

10/20/2009 AOS approval sent

10/21/2009 Welcome letter received

10/22/2009 GC received alhamdulillah

Done with uscis until ... 10/14/2011

preg.png

Timeline

SALAM

Good luck!!

Sal and jay is right if u decide to marry islamicly then don't bring photos that shows that because if they think it is marriage they will deny u saying u had to file for K3 visa not for k1 !!

no i didnt do same! we didnt have time he came for 4 days we asked adoul but no one helps and i asked the imam and he says that to me but it was too late!!my family seen him and they trust him!!

i wanna ask u if he is muslim? cuz religious marriage u both must have the same religion !!

Good luck

sure we will not have a ceremony and get islamically married until i get the visa and yes alhadmoulilah he is muslim and from an arabic background and he speaks arabic so he will find no problem to communicate with my family, what are your advices to me, what kind of relationship evidences you give???

Edited by skegma

Timeline
sure we will not have a ceremony and get islamically married until i get the visa and yes alhadmoulilah he is muslim and from an arabic background and he speaks arabic so he will find no problem to communicate with my family, what are your advices to me, what kind of relationship evidences you give???

Alhamdulillah :)

so for evidence u can send pics of u both of him and ur family and chat history email, letters, phone bills, anything that shows u communicate daily

aireplane tickets shows that u have met within the last two years ...u can include anything u see it can be an evidence like hotel receipts, renting a car if the contract shows ur both names, ..etc

keep in touch with me if u need anything!

In the name of Allah most gracious most merciful

AOS Timeline

04/03/2009 Vaccination updated (form I-693)

08/11/2009 AOS application sent

08/13/2009 USCIS received AOS application

08/18/2009 NOAS I-485,I-765, I131 DATED

08/19/2009 Check cashed

08/21/2009 NOAS HARD COPIES RECEIVED

08/31/2009 Biometric letter received dated 8-26-09

09/08/2009 Applied for State ID

09/09/2009 State ID issued

09/10/2009 Case transferred to CSC

09/14/2009 Received the transfer notice in the mail

09/17/2009 Case received and pending

09/22/2009 Biometric Appointment 11:00 AM, Touched on I-485 and I-765

09/23/2009 Touched on I-485 and I-765

10/09/2009 I-131 APPROVED, I-765 card ordered

10/14/2009 I-765 card ordered again

10/15/2009 I-765 touched, AOS Approved

10/16/2009 Touched I-485, AP received in mail

10/19/2009 EAD approval sent Oct 16th, EAD received in mail

10/20/2009 AOS approval sent

10/21/2009 Welcome letter received

10/22/2009 GC received alhamdulillah

Done with uscis until ... 10/14/2011

preg.png

Timeline

Alhamdulillah :)

so for evidence u can send pics of u both of him and ur family and chat history email, letters, phone bills, anything that shows u communicate daily

aireplane tickets shows that u have met within the last two years ...u can include anything u see it can be an evidence like hotel receipts, renting a car if the contract shows ur both names, ..etc

keep in touch with me if u need anything!

thanks so much for you help, i will certainly keep in touch with you, i still have time until we start

our k-1 visa process, 3 months, so any help of people who have been through this will be most welcome

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Yes, if you got married before you entered the US you cancel out the K-1 and are not allowed to use it. If you are married and enter using a K-1 because the guards don't know, then it will come back to haunt you when you apply for permission to become a permanent resident. Entering on a K-1 and being married is considered 'fraud' and leads to possible deportation and a ban from being in the US. K-1 is for 'fiance's' only - not spouses.

If you can do a non-legally recognized religious ceremony that satisfies your family, you can then do the legal marriage in the US. Just be very careful not to give any impression to the border when crossing that you have had even a non-legal 'marriage' ceremony nor refer to each other as husband and wife - you must still be fiances when you enter the US - or the border guards will turn you back at the border and not allow you to enter even though you are not legally married. If your family still requires a legal service then you really need to consider getting married first and applying for a K-3 or CR1 visa instead, even if it takes longer.

I was wondering if no one mentions being married how will the embassy, border guard or anyone else know that the couple is married or not? Maybe they can use the dont ask dont tell policy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.