ILoveTan

To KISS and tell ... or NOT???

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As always, VJ can count on me for the really profound posts.... :dance:

Anywho, just working on my 129 and assembling photos and thought who better to ask than my friends at VJ? :yes:

Sooooooo how many of you sent photos of you KISSING your fiancee in your 129? I am choosing about 50 pictures, maybe it is overkill but seeing that I have 2000 (no, really), even 50 is tough to narrow it down to....

While I am not going to send anything overtly sexual (obviously) or any with our tongues rammed down each others throats, what about just romantic, nice, normal kiss? Is it do-able? I have one I specifically want to use because the background shows an unmistakable landmark in Vietnam, the other because it was the kiss during our engagement party.... both are mild lip locks, definitely pg or pg 13 rating only, no R or X for this round :devil: . Anyone else??

As a side note, I just got back from Vietnam (AGAIN), I only made it a month in the states without my asian man. WOW. This could be a problem. Gotta toughen up, sweetheart! We were making such a pathetic scene at the airport when I left this time, crying, hugging and kissing a million times.... someone actually started videotaping us! Please God - could that random filmer be an employee for the consulate??? :innocent:

Thanks for your input

ILOVETAN

Edited by ILoveTan

I think 50 pictures seems a little over the top. I sent 6 and they didn't send me an RFE.

About the kissing, which was your real question. It's your call. My interpretation is USCIS is interested in determining if you meet the requirements, ie. you are a US citizen, you are free to marry, and you have met your fiance in the last 2 years. I don't think you have to demonstrate your passion/love to the USCIS. If you happen to be kissing in front of a known monument, then I don't think it's in bad taste to send it. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think kissing pictures will impress them any more than posing with Mickey Mouse at Disneyland would. Just an opinion, which is what you were seeking. Good luck. You sound very wowed by your man. :wub:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I agree, 5 or 6 photos should be good.

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
u may check my videos/preparations on my signatures :)

WOW Frank - you look almost as crazy in love with your girl as I am with my man! ;) hihihihi

Thanks for the great links - appreciate it! It really helps out those of us just starting out.... take care

ILOVETAN

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We also had to narrow it down to 6. Remember, these people are looking at you in a rather clinical way, and they have a million other cases. They're not going to look at 50 pictures.

Yes, one of our pictures was of us kissing. Another was of her sitting on my lap.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The number of pictures is related to telling your story. In a K1 visa, the HCMC Consulate has the most time to review your I-129f, not the evidence brought to the interveiw. Also it appears that many times the Consulate has already decided the outcome. It's my opinion that's because of the I-129f evidence of meeting and proof relationship plus dealling with any possible red flags in the I-129f. Leaving loose ends makes the Consulate ask questions, request more info that lead to a blue slip.

We submitted 15 pictures to support #18 Having meet in person and another 12 pictures supporting our ongoing relationship. We included a few pictures of us sightseeing around HCMC, visiting with her family, going to a couple of restuarants with her family to celebrate before and after our engagement party, our engagement party (6 pictures) and seeing me off at the HCMC airport. None of our pictures included us kissing.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Married 2008-4-06

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I chose 18 photos that I put on 2 4X6 normal photos. There were 3 rows of 3. I thought this would give them plenty of photos yet show respect for their time when having to view each one. I did include a photo of the seal that is over the entrance to the embassy in HCMC. I do not think I even thought to include any of us kissing. I wanted to include photos that clearly showed our faces so that they could compair to the passport photos we incluede with our I 129F. I do wish I had known about the time line when I submitted our packet. I would have included one with it. That is one of the reasons I hired Marc Ellis and Mr. Nam. Even though I have already paid the other lawyers in Navada. I will take all the help I can get when it comes to a smoother process in HCMC.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.