phub11

Where can I find my I-693?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi again,

I seem to be posting a lot of messages as of late.... thanks for all the help!

My latest question: I have read about needing an I-693 (medical report) for AOS. When I had my medical I was given a DS-3025 and got my X-ray with my visa. How can I get a copy of my I-693? Is it in the "sealed" envelope which is opened by immigration when you first enter on a K-1 visa? If so, do they give it me, or keep it? Also, should I take my X-ray to the States or get rid of it?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When you have your medical, it is best to ask the doctor to make a copy of it for you. If not, you may have to see a civil surgeon in the US and spend a lot of money having them transcribe the information.

We ended up not doing that; but Andre had had the nurse mark all his shots down in his shot record. We copied that and sent it in with our AOS.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
When you have your medical, it is best to ask the doctor to make a copy of it for you. If not, you may have to see a civil surgeon in the US and spend a lot of money having them transcribe the information.

We ended up not doing that; but Andre had had the nurse mark all his shots down in his shot record. We copied that and sent it in with our AOS.

Thanks for the reply.

The DS-3025 I was given is a photocopy which lists all my shots (but no other medical info) and is signed by the doctor who examined me. Is this a suitable alternative to the I-693?

Edited by phub11

Thanks for the reply.

The DS-3025 I was given is a photocopy which lists all my shots (but no other medical info) and is signed by the doctor who examined me. Is this a suitable alternative to the I-693?

I think that what you need is just form I-693A which any decent civil surgeon in the US will transcribe your shots from your DS-3025 copy, and it is all for your AOS. Even if you get this I-693A, I would recommend to keep a copy always for USCIS is notorious at losing these forms. Even you decide to send the DS-2035, keep a couple of spare copies at hand.

I hope this can help you, and maybe someone else can give you a better advice.

Edited by PattyS_boyfriend

Pat's Husband

K-1 visa

Bogotá, Colombia

Interview Date :............2008-05-15, VISA APPROVED

Visa Received :.............2008-05-20

U.S.A.

POE Date :..................2008-08-30 Saturday, Miami FL (awful - more than 5 hours)

Wedding Date : .............2008-09-11 Thursday

AOS:

Interview Appt:.............2009-02-05

GC approved:................2009-02-05

GC arrived:.................2009-02-17 (END)

GC expires:.................2011-02-05**

Removing of conditions (ROC):

ROC will be filed with:.....CSC

ROC filing date:............2010-11-13 (ACTUAL SENDING DATE, SATURDAY)

ROC filing received by CSC..2010-11-15 (CONFIRMED VIA EMAIL)

ROC check cashed by CSC.....2010-11-17

ROC NOA date received:......2010-11-20

ROC NOA date printed:.......2010-11-15

ROC RFE dates(if any):......(none so far)

ROC Bio Appt Date(if any):..2010-12-22

ROC Interview Date(if any):.None

ROC GC approved Date:.......2011-02-16

ROC GC received Date:.......2011-02-22 (END)

Thanks for the reply.

I think that what you need is just form I-693A which any decent civil surgeon in the US will transcribe your shots from your DS-3025 copy, and it is all for your AOS. Even if you get this I-693A, I would recommend to keep a copy always for USCIS is notorious at losing these forms. Even you decide to send the DS-2035, keep a couple of spare copies at hand.

a copy of I-693A

I hope this can help you, and maybe someone else can give you a better advice.

Sorry for double posting but the EDIT button is notorious for failing in this forum

Edited by PattyS_boyfriend

Pat's Husband

K-1 visa

Bogotá, Colombia

Interview Date :............2008-05-15, VISA APPROVED

Visa Received :.............2008-05-20

U.S.A.

POE Date :..................2008-08-30 Saturday, Miami FL (awful - more than 5 hours)

Wedding Date : .............2008-09-11 Thursday

AOS:

Interview Appt:.............2009-02-05

GC approved:................2009-02-05

GC arrived:.................2009-02-17 (END)

GC expires:.................2011-02-05**

Removing of conditions (ROC):

ROC will be filed with:.....CSC

ROC filing date:............2010-11-13 (ACTUAL SENDING DATE, SATURDAY)

ROC filing received by CSC..2010-11-15 (CONFIRMED VIA EMAIL)

ROC check cashed by CSC.....2010-11-17

ROC NOA date received:......2010-11-20

ROC NOA date printed:.......2010-11-15

ROC RFE dates(if any):......(none so far)

ROC Bio Appt Date(if any):..2010-12-22

ROC Interview Date(if any):.None

ROC GC approved Date:.......2011-02-16

ROC GC received Date:.......2011-02-22 (END)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the reply.

The DS-3025 has been used as a suitable alternative for the required vaccination supplement by many, my wife included...

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I also just sent the DS3025 - we were not in a hurry and could wait out the RFE if they insisted on the I693. We weren't questioned at all. It seems that if you have had all your shots and the DS3025 states that - then they do not bother about the I693. But if you do not want to be delayed and are willing to spend the extra bucks then go ahead and get the I693. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.