JoanieD

Advice on I864

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

ok....I'm still confused.

My husband arrived back in the States last night and confirmed with me that he got a letter from the NVC stating that he needs to pay a $70-00 fee for the I864 Affidavit of Support....

Am I wrong if I say that it seems they are going the CR1 route now, although both our I130 and I129F was approved?

Any advice why they are going this route and what we should do? Have anybody else gone this route who can advise us?

thank you for the help....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
ok....I'm still confused.

My husband arrived back in the States last night and confirmed with me that he got a letter from the NVC stating that he needs to pay a $70-00 fee for the I864 Affidavit of Support....

Am I wrong if I say that it seems they are going the CR1 route now, although both our I130 and I129F was approved?

Any advice why they are going this route and what we should do? Have anybody else gone this route who can advise us?

thank you for the help....

Hi there yeah I agree with you they seem to be on the wrong route now and he should call this number and inform USCIS that your going for a K3 Visa. Number is 1-800-375-5283 or you can visit this site http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864.pdf for more infos about I-864.

I hope this will fix your problem. Goodluck!

2007-09-19: Marriage

2007-12-31: I-130 Sent

2008-02-14: I-130 NOA1

2008-02-28: I-129F Sent

2008-03-07: I-129F NOA1

2008-05-06: I-130 & I-129F NOA2

2008-06-25: Interview Approved (Conditional)

2008-07-08: Forward Additional Doc

2008-07-15: VISA Received (2yrs Validity)

2008-09-03: Flight to Cincinnati, Ohio; POE SFO

2008-09-06: Travel back to Chicago with my hubby

2008-09-29: Mailed I765 (EAD)

2008-10-07: NOA for EAD

2008-12-12: Received EAD Biometrics Appointment

2008-12-19: Biomentrics Appointment

2008-12-29: Ordered EAD Card

2008-12-31: EAD Approval

2009-11-26: Submit AOS

2010-03-30: Permanet Resident 10yrs GC

2010-04-15: Update status with SS

2010-04-22: Received new SS Card

Has the 129-F reached the National Visa Center? If he doesn't know, he could always call the NVC and ask. If you're going the K-3 route, you can just ignore the I-184 Bill. I've heard of people on this site pursuing both of them and seeing which one gets to the finish line first!

My kids were recently approved, and so far as we know only the I-129F has reached the NVC and is now at the embassy. My son thinks perhaps he made a mistake and should have gone the immigrant visa route in order to avoid having to file for AOS and an EAD when his wife arrives here. It would save them money in the long run and decrease their need to deal with the USCIS. You might to compare how long getting an interview at the embassy compares for each. Of course the NVC process is longer for the immigrant visa, but is apparently faster now that bills can be paid online.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Has the 129-F reached the National Visa Center? If he doesn't know, he could always call the NVC and ask. If you're going the K-3 route, you can just ignore the I-184 Bill. I've heard of people on this site pursuing both of them and seeing which one gets to the finish line first!

My kids were recently approved, and so far as we know only the I-129F has reached the NVC and is now at the embassy. My son thinks perhaps he made a mistake and should have gone the immigrant visa route in order to avoid having to file for AOS and an EAD when his wife arrives here. It would save them money in the long run and decrease their need to deal with the USCIS. You might to compare how long getting an interview at the embassy compares for each. Of course the NVC process is longer for the immigrant visa, but is apparently faster now that bills can be paid online.

Exactly. You have a choice. Make it wisely.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

If a K3 approval is received after sending the DS-230 for the CR-1 case, do you think its still worth it (time wise) to pursue K3?

Thank you very much

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Marriage : 2007-10-14

I-130 Sent : 2007-11-24

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-29

I-129F Sent : 2008-01-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-06

I-130 Approved : 2008-04-24

USEM interview : 2008-09-25

Finally reunited : 2008-10-12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.