spookyturtle

Two different A#'s, which one to use?

5 posts in this topic

I was unable to find any info on this problem, two different A#'s. The original receipt notice for my I-129F has an alien number. The NOA2 or approval notice has a different A#. My fiance's waiver approval notice from DHS uses the NOA2 number. When she entered the US on her K-1 visa, the USCIS officer wrote the first A# on the back of her I-94. There is no A# on her visa.

Has anyone else here had this happen? Is this unusual? I am trying to decide which one to use on the I-485. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I couldn't find any info on this either. Someone said they just put NONE, and I just put the A# that was on my K1 visa.

Are you sure there isnt an A# on the visa?

Also I don't think the immigration guy wrote anything on the back of my I-94.

K1

11/06/2007 - I-129F sent to Nebraska

29/06/2007 - NOA1 letter received

21/12/2007 - NOA2 issued

31/12/2007 - NOA2 hard copy

28/01/2008 - Packet 3 received

11/02/2008 - Packet 3 forms & checklist returned to Embassy

13/02/2008 - Medical

28/02/2008 - Packet 4 received

20/03/2008 - Interview @ 10am - APPROVED

28/03/2008 - Visa in hand

14/04/2008 - POE Detroit (DTW)

22/05/2008 - Married

AOS

06/06/2008 - AOS & EAD filed

13/06/2008 - NOA1 letter received

14/07/2008 - Biometrics appointment

14/08/2008 - EAD production ordered

23/08/2008 - EAD card received

14/01/2009 - Green card producation ordered (No interview required)

22/01/2009 - Green card recieved

I couldn't find any info on this either. Someone said they just put NONE, and I just put the A# that was on my K1 visa.

No alien# on her visa which was issued in Rio. I think I am going to use the one on the NOA2 form as this one matches the one written in her passport by USCIS when she was turned away at POE and withdrew her application for admission. This one is also used on the DHS letter for her waiver approval. It just seems odd to me that they wrote the other one on her current I-94. But then again, after dealing with immigration for 3 years, not much surprises me anymore.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

No alien# on her visa which was issued in Rio. I think I am going to use the one on the NOA2 form as this one matches the one written in her passport by USCIS when she was turned away at POE and withdrew her application for admission. This one is also used on the DHS letter for her waiver approval. It just seems odd to me that they wrote the other one on her current I-94. But then again, after dealing with immigration for 3 years, not much surprises me anymore.

My Visa was issued in Rio as well. And they did not stamp the A# on it either.

But the immigration officer wrote it on the back of my I-94 at the Port of Entry (Just so I knew it - He even said "I'm going to write your alien number here for you, because you're going to be using it a lot from now on" ). And the number he wrote matches the A# number found on the final approved I-129F.

So I'm just using that one number.

Conditions lifted 10 yr GC in hands since Feb. 2011!

...onto researching and studying to become a U.S Citizen.

Click here for our complete timeline

6Dqdm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.