142 posts in this topic

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I dont like the sound of that Jackie, but in desperate times we do desperate things. :blush:

Yes, I think the P O Box number will be fine.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm working on a new I130 for Ibrahim. He has a post office box he uses for mail up in Irbid. He lives in Amman but doesn't get mail there. So, what do I use for his address on the I130? The po box number?

Ok I'll admit I'm geographically challenged when it comes to the Middle East, but I just looked at a map and I have to ask...........................why on earth would he have a PO box in Irbid if he lives in Amman? Looks wicked far away, no? :unsure:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Tuesday everyone - - I have been sick sick sick...feeling better...well a little bit...I hope this flu/or whatever it is..spares all of you!

Take care everyone,

Melinda

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:wacko: back to doing laundry by hand while drinking instant coffee :wacko:

at least when you are doing laundry by hand no starch is needed. :devil:

And it does leave one hand free for coffee. I would imagine in your current situation this will have to do. :blush:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Jackie - I would put his real addy on the application and attach a note stating his PO addy and explaining why he uses it. In our case, his real addy was used to do a home inspection so if they see a PO addy only it might raise a red flag.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I'm working on a new I130 for Ibrahim. He has a post office box he uses for mail up in Irbid. He lives in Amman but doesn't get mail there. So, what do I use for his address on the I130? The po box number?

Ok I'll admit I'm geographically challenged when it comes to the Middle East, but I just looked at a map and I have to ask...........................why on earth would he have a PO box in Irbid if he lives in Amman? Looks wicked far away, no? :unsure:

It's like an hour and a half away.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well finally some good news for us. My husband will start his new job next Tuesday. ALLAHUMDULA! We have been waiting for this news for weeks now, and today it finally came.

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

Filed: Timeline

His sister and fam live in Irbid/Al Husn. He has lived for the last 11 years in Amman but gets his mail in Irbid. They dont use street addresses in Jordan do they? What did you do Julianna? Kell? Did Sofyan have a street address or a po box?

grrrrrrrrrr to have to do this again. I must say,, the CR1 forum here rocks :thumbs: They have spreadsheets going and timelines, all the help and advice you could need. But I will always need my mena girls.

jJ

I am on hold with uscis about cancelling the original petiton, and they have the same 'on hold' music from 2002!!!!! Time for a new jam USCIS!

Edited by just_Jackie

:star: Hi Jackie!! Since its common there in Amman to not have an "address"....Go with the P.O. Box its the most reliable means to contact him in the future. It is about 50 miles away but the way Jordanians drive thats just a "hop, skip and a jump" LMAO! When I send things to my cousins I have to send to a friends store there...LOL. Good luck girl!! xoxo :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well finally some good news for us. My husband will start his new job next Tuesday. ALAHUMDUHLA!! We have been waiting for this news for weeks now, and today it finally came.

Edited by terrie/kamal

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
His sister and fam live in Irbid/Al Husn. He has lived for the last 11 years in Amman but gets his mail in Irbid. They dont use street addresses in Jordan do they? What did you do Julianna? Kell? Did Sofyan have a street address or a po box?

grrrrrrrrrr to have to do this again. I must say,, the CR1 forum here rocks :thumbs: They have spreadsheets going and timelines, all the help and advice you could need. But I will always need my mena girls.

jJ

I think we used his actual home address. I'm tyring to think if we ever used his work address (PO Box at Yarmouk University)? I don't think we did or if we did it was because they specified a mailing address somewhere. They never once actually sent him anything. When it was time to get his passport sent back, I know he did give aramex his University address.

ETA Ammar's home adress was one of those crazy non-street addresses as well, where basically it's like:

next closest city- village, quarter of village, municipality-center

No street, no corner, no nothing.

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

It's like an hour and a half away.

That's far to me! LOL. I'm so used to having a Post Office in every town/city I can't imagine driving all that way just to get my mail! I hate my 30 minute commute to work even! :lol:

Well finally some good news for us. My husband will start his new job next Tuesday. ALLAHUMDULA! We have been waiting for this news for weeks now, and today it finally came.

Congratulations!!!

jJ

I am on hold with uscis about cancelling the original petiton, and they have the same 'on hold' music from 2002!!!!! Time for a new jam USCIS!

No street addresses typically but they do something like: Al Hussein Street , Block 44, Building 6, etc...DHL and others can make deliveries to them...just regular mail is only to these PO Boxes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.