valentine

CO-SPONSORSHIP

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

PLEASE I WANT SOMEONE AT THERE IN THIS FORUM TO LET ME ME WHETHER

THE INS LAW DOES NOT WELCOME OR ACCEPT CO- SPONSORSHIP.

MY USC FIANCE JUST STOP WORKING IN NOVEMBER 2005 ON AN ANNULLY PAY OF 25K FOR ONLY

HER. AND HAS TAX TO SHOW FOR THAT.

PRESENTLY SHE IS NOT WORKING AMD THE MUM MAKES UP TO 90K ANNUALLY FOR HER ELF ALONE,NO DEPENDENT.

MY QUESTION, CAN THE MUM STANDS AS HER CO- SPONSOR?

MY INTERWIEW IS ON 25 THIS MONTH AT LAGOS NIGERAIN.

SOMENEO IN AFRICAN- SUB TOLD ME THAT LAGOS EMBASSY DOES NOT ACCEPT CO- SPONSORSHIP.

IS THIS TRUE?

IS THERE ANY IMMIGRATION LAW THAT SAYS SOME EMBASSY WILL NOT ACCEPT CO SPONSOR?

I APPRECIATE ANY WORTH WHILE AND FACTAUL RESPOSE TO THIS QUESTION.

THANK YOU IN ADVACE.

VALENTINE

Filed: Timeline

Ahem. Caps lock. Please press that button. >_>'

As far as I know, your fiancée's mother can be a co-sponsor.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Its not the embassies that make the LAW.

Co-sponsorship is accepted everywhere. Although, procedures may vary form one country to another.

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

From what I know, co sponsorship is accepted worldwide.

What they maybe could have meant was the form used for sponsoring, maybe..i.e I-134 or I-864.

If you have any doubts at all-you should call the embassy that you are interviewing at, or contact the USCIS office that approved the petition.

best of luck

Michele

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

You might want to post your questions in African forum where people has specific knowledge on the consulates. Not all consulates operates in similar manner. Vietnam is a good example regarding co-sponsor issue on I-134

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Filed: Timeline

VALENTINE,

For a K visa the INA does not specify that the petitioner must be the sponsor. As for other non-immigrant visas, if a sponsor is required then anyone who meets the qualifications can be the sponsor.

Recognize, however, that the consular officials have a great deal of discretion in determining if a particular sponsor qualifies.

Also recognize that, as one immigration attorney put it on an internet discussion group, 'the continuum of fraud levels is low-fraud - medium-fraud - high-fraud - Nigeria'. If the consulate in Lagos sets unusually high standards it's apparently for good reason.

Yodrak

SOMENEO IN AFRICAN- SUB TOLD ME THAT LAGOS EMBASSY DOES NOT ACCEPT CO- SPONSORSHIP.

IS THIS TRUE?

IS THERE ANY IMMIGRATION LAW THAT SAYS SOME EMBASSY WILL NOT ACCEPT CO SPONSOR?

I APPRECIATE ANY WORTH WHILE AND FACTAUL RESPOSE TO THIS QUESTION.

THANK YOU IN ADVACE.

VALENTINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.