Imua

K-1 vs. CR-1

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I am feeling a very bittersweet moment now....

Another Nepal VJer, madhuandnatalia, just completed her fiance's interview(approved). Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for her, but if you look at her timeline you will see that she sent her 129-F on January 28, 2008, and I sent mine on January 10th. I looked at her profile thinking probably she went through CSC, but no, she went through pokey ol' VSC!!!!!!! Un-be-f***inglievable!!!!!! Her case has sailed through the embassy in 4 MONTHS from date of filing, and I haven't had even a F%%%ing touch!!!!!!! This is simply not right that fiance visas should be given priority - I knew that going I-130 only would be slower but I had no idea how much slower.... I am coming back fully expecting that we are going to be separated another year...

Madhuandnatalia - CONGRATS, you know my anger has nothing to do with you but I am really PI$$ED OFF AT VSC!!!!!!!! :protest::ranting::protest::ranting::protest::ranting:

Edited by Pattu Rani

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I think they are coming on track now, if this is happend, because K1and K3 spoused to be fast than IR-1

My Timeline

- - - - -

USCIS Process

Nov 7th, 2007 Petition I-130 to NSC

Jan 22nd, 2008 recieved by CSC

Jan 28th, 2008 received NOA1

Apr 2nd, 2008 received NOA2

NVC Process

Apr 22th, 2008 recevied Case number(generated and sent on april 14th)

Apr 22th, 2008 recevied DS-3032/AOS Bill

Apr 24th, 2008 Sent AOS Bill to NVC

Apr 24th, 2008 emailed NVC for Choice of Agent.

May 2nd, 2008 email accepted for Choice of Agent

May 5th, 2008 Immigrant Visa Fee bill generated

May 8th, 2008 Got IIN and paid Immigrant visa bill Online

May 9th, 2008 packet of information generated

May 12th, 2008 AOS package sent to NVC

June 12th,2008 DS-230 received by NVC

June 16th,2008 DS-230 entered into system

June 19th,2008 Case complete..I am happy.

July 14th.2008 found out my interview date.....which is 5th august.

July 15th,2008 Case forwarded to New Delhi embassy.

July 22nd,2008 Medical Done.

July 25th,2008 VFS fee paid.

Aug 5th,2008 Visa Approved.

Aug 17th, 2008 expected POE.

Aug 27th, 2008 Social Security Number received.

Sep 7th, 2008 Green Card received.

May 22th, 2010 Filed i-751 to remove conditions.

May 30th, 2010 Received Notice of action

July 30th, 2010 Received Appointment letter for Biometrics

Sep 23th, 2010 Application Approved

Sep 28th, 2010 Green Card Received

Another Nepal VJer, madhuandnatalia, just completed her fiance's interview(approved). Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for her, but if you look at her timeline you will see that she sent her 129-F on January 28, 2008, and I sent mine on January 10th. I looked at her profile thinking probably she went through CSC, but no, she went through pokey ol' VSC!!!!!!! Un-be-f***inglievable!!!!!! Her case has sailed through the embassy in 4 MONTHS from date of filing, and I haven't had even a F%%%ing touch!!!!!!! This is simply not right that fiance visas should be given priority - I knew that going I-130 only would be slower but I had no idea how much slower.... I am coming back fully expecting that we are going to be separated another year...

Madhuandnatalia - CONGRATS, you know my anger has nothing to do with you but I am really PI$$ED OFF AT VSC!!!!!!!! :protest::ranting::protest::ranting::protest::ranting:

we have almost the same timeline.. i completely agree with you. i'm happy for everyone who's getting a speedy approval, but this is bullshit.

TIMELINE(CR1)

10-15-03 -- Met Future Wife

12-10-07 -- Married

-USCIS-

01-10-08 -- Mailed I-130 to VSC

01-14-08 -- NOA1 Received

02-11-08 -- NOA1 Notice Date

02-15-08 -- Received Hard Copy

02-24-08 -- Touch(Updated Into System)

08-22-08 -- Touch(Transferred to CSC)

08-25-08 -- Touch

08-27-08 -- Touch(Received at CSC)

08-28-08 -- Touch

08-29-08 -- Touch

09-16-08 -- NOA2

NVC(Using Loto's Guide)

09-23-08 - NVC Received File and NVC case number assigned.

09-25-08 - DS-3032 / I-864 Bill generated

09-25-08 - E-Mail DS-3032

10-03-08 - Pay I-864 Bill (Online)

10-04-08 - I-864 generated

10-06-08 - Overnight I-864

10-06-08 - IV Bill generated

10-06-08 - Pay IV Bill(Online)

10-07-00 - DS-230 generated

10-07-08 - Overnight DS-230

00-00-08- Case Completed at NVC

Consulate

Almost There!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

im really sorry this is taken so long for u guys and sure it is not fair..........all i can do is add u to my prayers i know its not enough to compensate for what is going on but maybe the higher up will hear and move u on to the next step :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

You summed up my feelings on the whole process. I too have felt as you have on many occasions, just look at my timeline. However, I have seen many people take advantage of shortcuts on this site and expedited their case in half the time. You may want to take a look at some options you have.

Good Luck...........

CR-1

04/16/06 First met each other......

05/12/07 Married in Ica, Peru one year later

I-130

06/21/07 Sent in I-130 for CR1 Visa

07/28/07 NOA1

11/28/07 NOA2 (File approved!!!!)

NVC (Torture Time) Can you tell I'm a bit jaded right now?

12/21/07 NVC received file

12/31/07 Received I864 Bill

12/31/07 Received DS230 Bill

02/21/08 Sent I864 and DS230 Bill

03/14/08 Received Packet with Instructions from NVC

03/14/08 Sent Packet back to NVC Certified Mail

03/20/08 NVC Receives Packet

04/01/08 NVC sends back packet (missing info or incomplete according to NVC?) your kidding me right?!!!!!!!!

04/10/08 Received Packet with Checklist

05/01/08 Checklist Items overnighted to NVC (almost 1 year since we started the process...wow!)

05/07/08 Packet being returned AGAIN!!!(missing info or incomplete) Somebody just shoot me already!!

05/15/08 DS 230 II overnighted again (NVC claims they never received it)

05/23/08 Case Approval (Finally here!!!!) Case expedited to Lima.

Embassy

06/09/08 - Package 3 with instructions received

06/12/08 - Medical appointment

06/20/08 - Interview.....Visa Approved

Filed: Other Timeline

You summed up my feelings on the whole process. I too have felt as you have on many occasions, just look at my timeline. However, I have seen many people take advantage of shortcuts on this site and expedited their case in half the time. You may want to take a look at some options you have.

Good Luck...........

Yes, I have looked at the James Shortcuts wiki and am bringing copies of the choice of agent form for Govi to sign while I am with him, getting everything ready, even printed out the info about the medical from the KTM embassy website...

so as soon as VSC gets their act together(not holding my breath) we'll be good to go... in the last 24 hours I have asked both a Tibetan Lama and a Nepali Hindu swami to pray for us, so maybe that will help - prayer is all I've got at this point... :innocent:

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I feel your pain but an immigrant visa does take longer to process than a non-immigrant visa. It seems USCIS thinks more in terms of filing to green card than filing to "togetherness", since their job is "immigration" not "togetherness."

I think VSC's director needs to be hung by the jewels for the recent policies but here's hoping your spouse's green card is in hand about the same time madhuandnatalia's fiance(e)'s is. There's a good chance it will be.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I feel you pain also but your time will come.

be glad you didn't file during last summer rush and embassy is China.

Our interview is June, 10 months after filing and some are even long....one year.

Patience has its virtue.

Good luck....

artifices-08.giffireworks.gif

comicirsaudit.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.