Harley and hans

Documents to bring in USEM Interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I am done compiling all the documents Ill be bringing in the Interview. But would still like to know your feedback about it. If I missed and had not included something, please let me know. Interview is on June 11, just few days to go. I want to make sure I got everything I need and got it right. :help:

FIRST FOLDER (YELLOW FOLDER- PRIMARY DOCUMENTS)

Appointment Letter 2 copies (Email) --> Do I need to print one from Sched IV?

Proof of Payment 1 receipt from Bank & 1 photocopy

DS 156 with picture glued 2 original copies

DS 157 1 from online & 1 from the bank (validated)

DS 156k 2 original copies

NSO Birth Certificate 1 original & 1 photocopy

Police Clearance 1 original & 1 photocopy

CENOMAR 1 original & 1 photocopy

Extra visa photos

Medical Result (none yet – my medical is this coming week) --> Is this needed?

SECOND FOLDER (BLUE FOLDER - EVIDENCE OF MEETING PRIOR TO THE PETITION)

Photos together in the Philippines 25 pieces

Photocopy of Passport showing stamp from Philippine Immigration 2 duplicate copies

Photocopy of Official Receipt from paying the Airport User’s Charge at NAIIA 2 duplicate copies

Flight Confirmation/Itinerary Email from Travelocity.com 2 duplicate copies

Photocopy of American Express Bill Showing Payment to Travelocity.com 2 duplicate copies

THIRD FOLDER (RED FOLDER- EVIDENCE OF CONTINUOUS RELATIONSHIP & GENUINE ENGAGEMENT)

E-mail Compilation (Included are emails from the following months to the present after the I-129F was sent to USCIS )

1) Sent by the petitioner to the beneficiary

2)Sent by the beneficiary to the petitioner

==> Do we need a duplicate/photocopy of this one?

Chat Compilation and some Screenshots (Included are chats from the following months to the present after the I-129F was sent to USCIS )

Phone Calls (Summary account made each month after the I-129F was sent to USCIS)

Money Transfer Receipts (Included are money transfers from the following months to the present after the I-129F was sent to USCIS )

1)Summary of Account (fr. The petitioner)

2)Receipt obtained

Letter of Intent to Marry 2 copies (from the petitioner) & 2 copies (from the beneficiary)

Purchase of Wedding Gown (pictures, invoice & receipts)

Printout of our wedding website showing the venue and time of our wedding in USA as well as other information regarding our wedding plans, our love story, etc.

NOA1, NOA2 , Email from NVC Photocopy of each

FOURTH FOLDER (GREEN- EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT)

Notarized Affidavit of Support 1 original and 2 photocopy of the notarized affidavit of support ==>Is this correct? Does it need to be all original?

Employment Letter of the Petitioner 1 original and 2 duplicates

Pay stubs for the recent 2 months (March, April 2008) April month is original & with 2 duplicate copies ==> Does it need to be all original?

Federal Income Tax Return (2005-2007) All duplicate copies (2 copies each) ==>Is this correct? Does it need to be all original?

W2s (2005-2007) All duplicate copies (2 copies each) ==>Is this correct? Does it need to be all original?

Title of Ownership (Car) 2 duplicates

Retirement Fund Account Statement (March, April 2008)

Bank Account Statement (March, April 2008)

FIFTH FOLDER (WHITE- OTHERS – “JUST IN CASE THEY SEEK” BACK-UP DOCUMENT FOLDER)

Baptismal Certificate (Beneficiary)

Beneficiary IDs (Postal and Employment ID)

Beneficiary School Records and Diplomas and Employment Certificate

Document Verification Payment Slip

Copy of Original I-129F Package sent to USCIS

* Also, I would like to ask:

Do the USEM get/keep all these documents from the beneficiary Or do they return it after interview?

Looking forward to your usual advise, suggestions, comments

*********************************************************************************************

"Distance makes the heart grow fonder." Well, our heart have always and will continue to be quite fond of. Distance doesn't matter if you really love the person, what matters most is your honesty and trust for that relationship to work out. We may not get to see as often as we like, we may not get to hold each other in arms all through the night. But deep in our heart we truly know, we are meant for each other, the one to spend our life with forever!

Ryan and Dianne for keeps!

I-129F TIMELINE

11-10-2006...................first email

08-18-2007.............met in person

08-28-2007.....................departed

11-10-2007.....................engaged

12-13-2007......sent I-129F to CSC

12-18-2007...........................noa1

05-02-2008...........................noa2

05-19-2008..........................paid Delbros document verification

05-29-2008......................medical

06-11-2008....................interview

06-21-2008....................received the visa

07-04-2008....................last day at work (philippines)

07-08-2008....................cfo seminar

07-11-2008....................flight to USA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like you have a ton of evidence and are pretty well organized! All the forms you filled out and all the papers for the affidavit and anything on your consulate's checklist need to be original. You also bring photocopies of all of that so that they can verify them (but they should let you keep the originals). Sounds like you've got that all set. The rest of the stuff like proof & evidence where you wonder if you need copies (like emails & that stuff)...I'd take one copy of each, but do you really care if they keep that? You have them in your computer at home so I wouldn't worry so much about that stuff. I'm taking copies of everything (like you are) just so that if they do keep anything I know what they have and what they don't have of what I took. Hope that makes sense.

I can't think of anything you are missing unless either of you were in the military or married before, sounds like you're very well prepared.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I didn't make photocopies of the chat log and emails and phone statement. I just had soft copies for all of them in a CD.

Good luck on your interview. :star:

cheers!

“You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” - Jim Stovall -

Our Journey

2008-08-15 .......... Married on K-1!!!!

2009-08-28 .......... Sent AOS (I-485 and I-765) Application to Chicago

2009-09-11 .......... NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765

2009-09-25 .......... Biometrics Appointment in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-08 .......... EAD Approved (CRIS update)

2009-10-08 .......... I-485 Touched, I-485 Case transferred to CSC (CRIS update)

2009-10-09 .......... Biometrics Appointment #2 in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-15 .......... I-485 Case transferred to USCIS office

2009-10-16 .......... I-485 Touched, EAD card arrived in the mail

2009-10-19 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-04 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-05 .......... I-485 RFE (CRIS update)

2009-11-06 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-10 .......... RFE arrived in the mail

2009-11-12 .......... RFE response sent back to CSC

2009-11-17 .......... RFE Received at CSC (CRIS update)

2009-11-18 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-23 .......... I-485 Notice that new permanent resident status has been registered

2009-11-24 .......... I-485 Card production ordered

2009-11-25 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-30 .......... I-485 Approval Notice sent, Permanent Resident Card in the mail!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I am done compiling all the documents Ill be bringing in the Interview. But would still like to know your feedback about it. If I missed and had not included something, please let me know. Interview is on June 11, just few days to go. I want to make sure I got everything I need and got it right. :help:

FIRST FOLDER (YELLOW FOLDER- PRIMARY DOCUMENTS)

Appointment Letter 2 copies (Email) --> Do I need to print one from Sched IV?

Proof of Payment 1 receipt from Bank & 1 photocopy

DS 156 with picture glued 2 original copies

DS 157 1 from online & 1 from the bank (validated)

DS 156k 2 original copies

-NSO Birth Certificate 1 original & 1 photocopy

Police Clearance 1 original & 1 photocopy

CENOMAR 1 original & 1 photocopy

Extra visa photos

Medical Result (none yet – my medical is this coming week) --> Is this needed?

SECOND FOLDER (BLUE FOLDER - EVIDENCE OF MEETING PRIOR TO THE PETITION)

Photos together in the Philippines 25 pieces

Photocopy of Passport showing stamp from Philippine Immigration 2 duplicate copies

Photocopy of Official Receipt from paying the Airport User’s Charge at NAIIA 2 duplicate copies

Flight Confirmation/Itinerary Email from Travelocity.com 2 duplicate copies

Photocopy of American Express Bill Showing Payment to Travelocity.com 2 duplicate copies

THIRD FOLDER (RED FOLDER- EVIDENCE OF CONTINUOUS RELATIONSHIP & GENUINE ENGAGEMENT)

E-mail Compilation (Included are emails from the following months to the present after the I-129F was sent to USCIS )

1) Sent by the petitioner to the beneficiary

2)Sent by the beneficiary to the petitioner

Chat Compilation and some Screenshots (Included are chats from the following months to the present after the I-129F was sent to USCIS )

Phone Calls (Summary account made each month after the I-129F was sent to USCIS)

Money Transfer Receipts (Included are money transfers from the following months to the present after the I-129F was sent to USCIS )

1)Summary of Account (fr. The petitioner)

2)Receipt obtained

Letter of Intent to Marry 2 copies (from the petitioner) & 2 copies (from the beneficiary)

Purchase of Wedding Gown (pictures, invoice & receipts)

Printout of our wedding website showing the venue and time of our wedding in USA as well as other information regarding our wedding plans, our love story, etc.

NOA1, NOA2 , Email from NVC Photocopy of each

FOURTH FOLDER (GREEN- EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT)

Notarized Affidavit of Support 1 original and 2 photocopy of the notarized affidavit of support ==>Is this correct? Does it need to be all original?

Employment Letter of the Petitioner 1 original and 2 duplicates

Pay stubs for the recent 2 months (March, April 2008) April month is original & with 2 duplicate copies ==> Does it need to be all original?

Federal Income Tax Return (2005-2007) All duplicate copies (2 copies each) ==>Is this correct? Does it need to be all original?

W2s (2005-2007) All duplicate copies (2 copies each) ==>Is this correct? Does it need to be all original?

Title of Ownership (Car) 2 duplicates

Retirement Fund Account Statement (March, April 2008)

Bank Account Statement (March, April 2008)

FIFTH FOLDER (WHITE- OTHERS – “JUST IN CASE THEY SEEK” BACK-UP DOCUMENT FOLDER)

Baptismal Certificate (Beneficiary)

Beneficiary IDs (Postal and Employment ID)

Beneficiary School Records and Diplomas and Employment Certificate

Document Verification Payment Slip

Copy of Original I-129F Package sent to USCIS

* Also, I would like to ask:

Do the USEM get/keep all these documents from the beneficiary Or do they return it after interview?

Looking forward to your usual advise, suggestions, comments

Hi Dianne and Ryan,

My fiacee's interview is this week. I have a few questions for you.

_What is DS-157 from the bank?

_Do we need 2 set of DS156 and 156K?

_Can my fiancee glue her 2x2 pictures picture on DS156 form? (In that box it say "Do not write in this box")

Thank in advance

Naly,

Filed: Timeline

i had my k1 interview in london lst wednesday, was a bit worrying outside in the queue but when i got through, they gave me a ticket number and told me to take a seat. i got called up to the window and the interview guy just aske for my evidence of support forms and that was literally it! i sat back down and got clled up again to another guy who just gave me back all my stuff and said have a good time in america. seriously its so easy and youl have nothing to worry about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Had my interview yesterday! Got approved, thank God!

I brought 3 folders of info but didn't need anything more than the specfied documents with the accompanying photocopies.

The interviewer was very nice, not scary at all! My interview took under 10 MINUTES!

Good luck to you all! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.