malego77

Motorola Z3 flash process going bad

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Somebody can help me please. In the process of flashing a cell phone (motorola Z3) something going wrong and the outcome was that the cell phone is dead!!! The phone doesn't recognize its battery or something because when I turn it on the screen appears on white and nothing happens...

I have searched for info but I haven't found any helpful and easy to restore it.

I found this video but I don't have the power source...

Is there another easier way to restore???

Please I don't want to lose my cell phone...

Here is the video http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=MvdZ8WrzsMs but my poor english doesn't help at all to understand the exact instructions that the boy gives... If someone will trasnlate for me please or put the text in english I can understand it better

Thanks a lot!!

Somebody can help me please. In the process of flashing a cell phone (motorola Z3) something going wrong and the outcome was that the cell phone is dead!!! The phone doesn't recognize its battery or something because when I turn it on the screen appears on white and nothing happens...

I have searched for info but I haven't found any helpful and easy to restore it.

I found this video but I don't have the power source...

Is there another easier way to restore???

Please I don't want to lose my cell phone...

Here is the video http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=MvdZ8WrzsMs but my poor english doesn't help at all to understand the exact instructions that the boy gives... If someone will trasnlate for me please or put the text in english I can understand it better

Thanks a lot!!

If a firmware flash got messed up, its very difficult to restore the firmware. Not something you want to try unless you really know what you are doing.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm not a phone expert but this may help... It sounds like you might have corrupted the image? I'm assuming you get a white screen even if it's plugged in? What may be happenening is you switch your phone on, like all computers it looks for some instruction as to what it should do.. since there isn't any instructions it shuts down. The same thing will happen if you flash your computer's BIOS and corrupt it, it'll start and run with a black screen :dead:

When you flash your computer's BIOS (or even if flashing firmware on really anything) if for example you lose power during the flash and corrupt the image on the chip then you're normally basically screwed. But.. and there's a but.. many newer or higher end boards have a backup copy of the original BIOS image on chip to restore in the even of corruption or even a secondary CMOS chip to fall back on. Failing that if the chip is in a socket and not soldered in place then it can be removed (even if soldered in place it could be removed if done right) and replaced with another e.g. from the manufacturer or salvaged from a dead board with a good CMOS chip.

I don't know if that phone has a backup image of the firmware you flashed on chip anywhere or how to restore it. You could contact the manufacturer and see if there's a way to reload or force the default image without sending it back. Try a phone shop some may reload it for a fee if you can't get it done yourself. As a last desperate attempt to save your phone you could always hunt down the chip storing the corrupt firmware and replace it with another containing the correct firmware but that seems excessive. If all else fails try the warranty (if available) and hope for the best.

Good Luck! :)

Edited by aidan80

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for reply. Yes I have a backup of the original firmware, but it cannot be loaded because of the computer doesn't recognize the cellphone more. Efectively, the battery has a little charge but I don't want to waste it at all, because it'll be harder to do something without charge...

I think that I can send it to repair but there an unexpected extra-charge... I wish I would find a cheaper way to fix it. It looks like it will be hard to find something that really can work...

I appreciate any other suggestion.

Edited by malego77

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Thanks for reply. Yes I have a backup of the original firmware, but it cannot be loaded because of the computer doesn't recognize the cellphone more. Efectively, the battery has a little charge but I don't want to waste it at all, because it'll be harder to do something without charge...

I think that I can send it to repair but there an unexpected extra-charge... I wish I would find a cheaper way to fix it. It looks like it will be hard to find something that really can work...

I appreciate any other suggestion.

Well the computer isn't recognizing it anymore because it isn't talking to it. If there isn't a reset or a way to reload the firmware then the best thing would be to return it? I'd think about it this way... cost vs tearing your hair out trying to fix it for "free".. :bonk: Ohh believe me the cost is not unexpected, there is always a cost! :lol:

Good Luck, I hope you get it fixed!! :yes:

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16