nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

"God" is certainly easy to follow if you make up your own "God" and your own rules. It is a challenge to follow God according to His rules. I won't let others lead me away from religion because we don't agree. I don't have to agree with them; I only have to agree with Him. That keeps it simple and beautiful, as it should be.

:thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
"God" is certainly easy to follow if you make up your own "God" and your own rules. It is a challenge to follow God according to His rules. I won't let others lead me away from religion because we don't agree. I don't have to agree with them; I only have to agree with Him. That keeps it simple and beautiful, as it should be.

What some people of faith don't appreciate is that many consider their 'God' a 'Made Up God'. Islam, Christianity and Judaism - to me and many others - are simply the word of men. It's much harder to behave in a decent, intelligent, considered way than blindly follow rules that make no sense whatsoever, in the eyes of many. I am not an atheist, but respect their right to believe as they choose, as I respect the right of people of all faiths. They are not 'better' or 'worse' than many 'religious' people I know. Let God decide... if one exists. :D No one knows this for a fact, which is why beliefs are called beliefs. For every quote urging us to follow religion, their are many urging the opposite. Makes me smile. :)

"The atheist preserves his reason, which checks his propensity to mischief, while the fanatic is under the influence of a madness which is constantly urging him on."

Voltaire

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

What some people of faith don't appreciate is that many consider their 'God' a 'Made Up God'. Islam, Christianity and Judaism - to me and many others - are simply the word of men. It's much harder to behave in a decent, intelligent, considered way than blindly follow rules that make no sense whatsoever, in the eyes of many. I am not an atheist, but respect their right to believe as they choose, as I respect the right of people of all faiths. They are not 'better' or 'worse' than many 'religious' people I know. Let God decide... if one exists. :D No one knows this for a fact, which is why beliefs are called beliefs. For every quote urging us to follow religion, their are many urging the opposite. Makes me smile. :)

"The atheist preserves his reason, which checks his propensity to mischief, while the fanatic is under the influence of a madness which is constantly urging him on."

Voltaire

People see God every day, they just don't recognize him. ~Pearl Bailey

A "God" of your own is certainly a made up "God" dispensing the word of whomever made it up. It's a "God" of moral and social relativism, bound only by the rules you wish to follow. It is for sure the reason of mortals, not that of God that it possesses, which makes it as flawed as the individual from whose mind it springs.

My faith tells me that there are some who will be lead astray, so it would do me or you little good to urge you to follow religion. Do as you wish, but, I am curious about one thing. Why have a "God" at all except to elevate yourself as God in your own mind, since that is where your "God" originates?

Maybe the atheist cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman. ~Author Unknown

Edited by Barza Woman

Timeline

Why have a "God" at all except to elevate yourself as God in your own mind, since that is where your "God" originates?

Is 'your' God even original? Islam simply borrowed from Christianity, which borrowed from Judaism... which was heavily influenced by ancient Egypt. Mankind has always sought an explanation for why we are here. I don't need religious rules and dogma to tell me what is right and wrong. You do. Of course, 'your' God is different from the God worshipped outside the Abrahamic religions, so all of those must be wrong, mustn't they? All of those who have completely different spiritual beliefs (or none) are less worthy in the eyes of 'your' God, are they? That seems sane to you? I am not an atheist, but they don't need to find God to be decent human beings, in my view. Religious people often try to assign any views that are not mainstream as less worthy and make lamentable statements like " A "God" of your own is certainly a made up "God". You don't get that 'your' God is entirely made up in the eyes many. God created our minds... and the ability to use them, in my opinion. Having lots of followers is no guarantee that a faith is the 'true one'... as the fall of the ancient Greek and Egyptian Gods demonstrates. There is no proof of 'God'... so individual beliefs are as valid as mainstream beliefs.

Religion is a by-product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity?

Arthur C. Clarke

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Never a boring day....

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Why have a "God" at all except to elevate yourself as God in your own mind, since that is where your "God" originates?

Is 'your' God even original? Islam simply borrowed from Christianity, which borrowed from Judaism... which was heavily influenced by ancient Egypt. Mankind has always sought an explanation for why we are here. I don't need religious rules and dogma to tell me what is right and wrong. You do. Of course, 'your' God is different from the God worshipped outside the Abrahamic religions, so all of those must be wrong, mustn't they? All of those who have completely different spiritual beliefs (or none) are less worthy in the eyes of 'your' God, are they? That seems sane to you? I am not an atheist, but they don't need to find God to be decent human beings, in my view. Religious people often try to assign any views that are not mainstream as less worthy and make lamentable statements like " A "God" of your own is certainly a made up "God". You don't get that 'your' God is entirely made up in the eyes many. God created our minds... and the ability to use them, in my opinion. Having lots of followers is no guarantee that a faith is the 'true one'... as the fall of the ancient Greek and Egyptian Gods demonstrates. There is no proof of 'God'... so individual beliefs are as valid as mainstream beliefs.

Religion is a by-product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity?

Arthur C. Clarke

I dont quite understand why you want to post on here. It is titled Muslim and it is for Muslims to talk. Clearly you dont believe in anything so why not start a thread for that. If you want dont want to beleive than dont . But you choose to come on this thread and post your contempt for those who do beleive.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Arthur C. Clarke

I can see why you hate God based on the assumptions you ave made about me as a faith based person. You assume:

I need religious "dogma" to tell me what is right or wrong;

That I make negative judgements about non-Abrahamic Gods;

That my thinking, as you assume it to be, isn't sane.

Etc., etc.

You have no evidence of any of this, but it is what you have to say to justify your own prejudices against faith based people. By doing so, you have spewed the usual stereotypes about religious people that you need to justify your personal resentments. By doing so, you prove that you are a stereotype yourself of someone who willingly invades the space of the spiritual to demean them and tear them down based on your own biases, not because anyone here is truly affected by what you think.

I said before, do as you wish, believe as you wish. You are your own God; you don't answer to me, and I won't bow down to you.

Timeline

Arthur C. Clarke

I dont quite understand why you want to post on here. It is titled Muslim and it is for Muslims to talk. Clearly you dont believe in anything so why not start a thread for that. If you want dont want to beleive than dont . But you choose to come on this thread and post your contempt for those who do beleive.

Before blindly typing, it would help if you read the topic of the title properly and made a considered contribution. It says, "Muslims: General chat for muslims or anyone interested in particpating". I never understand why some people of faith can't handle religious debate. Perhaps it scares them to be confronted with different opinions. I respect everyone's right to believe as they wish... which is a lot more than some people here appear to. I don't condemn those who don't believe as I do to eternal hell either. If there is a creator, I'll leave the judging to God. Until then, beliefs are just beliefs... no mater how popular or unpopular.

Timeline

Arthur C. Clarke

I can see why you hate God based on the assumptions you ave made about me as a faith based person. You assume:

I need religious "dogma" to tell me what is right or wrong;

That I make negative judgements about non-Abrahamic Gods;

That my thinking, as you assume it to be, isn't sane.

Etc., etc.

You have no evidence of any of this, but it is what you have to say to justify your own prejudices against faith based people. By doing so, you have spewed the usual stereotypes about religious people that you need to justify your personal resentments. By doing so, you prove that you are a stereotype yourself of someone who willingly invades the space of the spiritual to demean them and tear them down based on your own biases, not because anyone here is truly affected by what you think.

I said before, do as you wish, believe as you wish. You are your own God; you don't answer to me, and I won't bow down to you.

I can see why you hate God based on the assumptions you ave made about me as a faith based person

I have seen some Muslims hurl similar accusations at people with different beliefs before. I didn't say that you hated God, because you have different beliefs. My contempt is for the arrogance of religion, and some of its followers, not God. I believe that God is truly, spectacularly great... but to ME the Abrahamic faiths are mere attempts to understand why we are here. They are too flawed to be the work of God. To you, it is the word of God... and I respect your right to believe that. My comments were based on what you wrote here. How much more 'evidence' do I need?

There is something laughably hysterical about statements like " Willingly invades the space of the spiritual". Like only you has a claim to be spiritual... or those with exactly the same beliefs. It's a public forum, where participation was invited. It's intolerant zealots who make the biggest mockery of religion. They are also the greatest threat... not agnostics or atheists or those of different faiths to Islam, Christianity or Judaism.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

im trying really hard to keep my temper.

it is ok to come and talk about Islam or to ask questions but bashing it? come on u dont see us go to any thread about Christians and bash them do u?

as a Muslim i respect the rights of others for what ever religion they practice, i do not go on their threads and be critical of their way of practicing their religion plz use some respect when coming to a thread where the main topic is about Islam, as we respect others on their religious threads

sara

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

2 links on the subject "why sunnah?"

The first is a podcast by Sh. Faraz Rabbani introducing a new series of podcasts based on Fada’il al’A'mal by Imam Diya’ al-Maqdisi. They're short and concise, and start with covering the different aspects of prayer and preparation for prayer. The introductory podcast answers well the question why do we learn the sunnah. I've transcribed the podcast:

Verily in the Messenger of Allah, the most beautiful of examples for whoever seeks Allah and the last day and makes much remembrance of Allah (33:21)

So what is our intention in learning the sunnah? It is what Allah (swt) tells us in this verse “Verily in the Messenger of Allah the most beautiful of examples for whoever seeks Allah and the last day and makes much remembrance of Allah.” So our goal in learning the prophetic guidance and learning our deen, what is it? It is to seek Allah (swt), to become people of meaning. We are seeking Allah. We are seeking His absolute good pleasure. We are seeking closeness to Allah (swt) in this life and the next. We are seeking to be those beloved to Allah, of those who love Him, those who remember Him, those who are granted the contentment and serenity that only comes through being of those who remember Allah and live that remembrance.

Verily it is by the remembrance of Allah that hearts find rest (13:28).

And the way unto the love of Allah (swt) is by love of the Messenger (saws) and through living his radiant example. Allah’s Messenger (saws) tells us that

None of you believes until I am more beloved to them than their wealth, and their parents and their children and all people.

And Allah (swt) tells us about our condition of our love for Allah (swt) being true:

Say if you love Allah, then follow me, and Allah will love you (3:31).

This is an address to the Prophet (saws) to tell all humanity, say if you love Allah, if you love God, follow me, follow the messenger, and Allah will love you.

What do we seek in life? We seek Allah, we seek to be beloved to Allah, to be pleasing to Allah and the way to that, the door to the Divine is the emissary of God, our beloved Messenger (saws).

And so we should be very clear in our intention in this. And we’re seeking knowledge that is of benefit, knowledge that we are bringing into our lives and that we strive to live in the most beautiful of ways with the sense of yearning for Allah (swt) and for our standing with our Lord. So to be people who’s worship is characterized by excellence and beauty and who’s conduct in life is characterized by excellence and beauty, for that is that beautiful example, that excellent example that is the Messenger of Allah (saws).

The second is a post on how the hadith/prophetic narration were gathered and recorded.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

"im trying really hard to keep my temper.

it is ok to come and talk about Islam or to ask questions but bashing it? come on u dont see us go to any thread about Christians and bash them do u?

as a Muslim i respect the rights of others for what ever religion they practice, i do not go on their threads and be critical of their way of practicing their religion plz use some respect when coming to a thread where the main topic is about Islam, as we respect others on their religious threads

sara"

"u dont see us go to any thread about Christians and bash them do u?"

This thread is about Muslims, isn't it?

I wouldn't lose my temper simply because people express different beliefs. I welcome everyone's opinions. Until Muslims learn to live with the fact that many people don't respect the content of their faith, yet respect their right to believe as they wish and be treated equally, there will always be clashes when such discussions arise. You can't force people to believe in what appears crazy to them. Well, you can, if you are unfortunate enough to live in countries dominated by religious zealots, dogma and doctrine. Say what you like about Christianity. I couldn't care less. Neither could most Christians, as they have learned the advantages of living in secular societies and criticism is rarely seen as a threat to their faith.

Many Muslims are taught in Egypt that secularism is a dirty word, despite Egypt's lies about being a secular country. If people make comments about "Islam being for everyone", expect disagreement. It isn't for everyone. Neither is Christianity or Judaism or the other mainstream religions. Either deal with this ... and the real world. or live in a bubble of babble.

Edited by Ahmeds Girl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.