nunyab

May 2008 Filers

1,029 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Rajaa don't lose hope. Trust me you are not alone in this. For me and my husband its been a long and frustrating journey....but then again we are not alone in this. I just read a heartbreaking post by a sister on this forum and how she was repeatedly denied an expedite even though her case was serious. Then I read her husband has received his visa last week and that has brighten up my morning a bit now. I am the beneficiary Rajaa. My husband is the USC. The research so far has showed that the AP is tougher for men from muslim countries than women. PK sadly is on that list too.

It is hard to be separated from our spouses. I haven't seen my husband since March 29, 2008 and it's been rough. I have wondered about the expedite thing especially since we have a baby on the way. Hang in there. I hope and pray that the journey will be an expedited one even if we haven't filed for it. (Meaning I hope and pray the processing is done quickly for us so we can be reunited with our loved ones.) My husband and I had a civil ceremony for our marriage in March of 2007 and I am thinking when all this immigration stuff is done, that I would like to have another ceremony with his family. I know it's been over a year, so do you think that is understandable or a little silly?? :blush:

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think it's a great way to celebrate a new start... go for it!!!! that way you have something to plan to something to look forward as well as the little one than you can always not do it if you don't want to but the planning is so much fun. I say do it and send pics lol.

Timeline
Hi Rajaa! Lookee...I have a signature :) I'm a June filer!

Jackie

Whooooo hooooooo Jackie lookin goooood :thumbs:

My CR1 just got a touch today too!!!! perhaps induced cause i sent the I129f but it's still a touch :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My CR1 just got a touch today too!!!! perhaps induced cause i sent the I129f but it's still a touch :dance:

That it is! Congrats! :dance:

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

Timeline
Yepppers got the I129F Nao1 in the mail today. I am a happy girl...

Why are you West Coast people still awake?

Congratulations ....... "Happy Girl"

cause i was lonely and couldn't sleep and wanted to celebrate with my fellow VJrs lol

Filed: Timeline

As a k3 survivor I know too well the issues if they come on that visa. I used to call it the kouch visa. It takes 3 months for EAD and then the whole AOS interview here just to then get a 2 year card.

If he comes on the CR1..he can work sooner and we will be done til it is time to lift conditions. Pros and cons for both.

jJ

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

It's June 15th. The Service Centers will update their processing times based on today. It is also Father's Day, Happy Father's Day to all dads. Any guessing when the new PTD will be? I am going with December 17th for CSC.

As for the Jordanian question of to K-3 or not to K-3, just a cursory look at both in VJ's timelines with all service centers available, does not seem to be a huge difference. Couple of very long timelines, also some short ones, so discount those as outliers and they both seem to be running around 11 months.

Decision has to be yours alone. My 1.38RMB says stay as IR/CR.

Here come the Lakers!

Well, looking at the VJ timelines. I looks like K3's are getting approved faster than stand alone I-130's. So it looks like you would save a month or maybe two by going with the K3.

Also, when they approve the ai-129F, they also approve the I-130 and send both to the NVC. So then you can also persue the I-130. I am doing both, thinking that the I-130 will be complete before my interview for the K3. Using the online payments and shortcuts, people have been getting through the NVC in an average of about 4 weeks.

4-29-08 - Mailed I-130 & I-129F together to CSC

CSC

I-130 I-129F

5-01-08 - NOA1 5-02-08 - NOA1

5-04-08 - Touched 5-06-08 - Touched

5-05-08 - Rcvd NOA1 in mail 5-08-08 - Rcvd NOA1 in mail

5-14-08 - Touched 5-14-08 - Touched

5-20-08 - Touched

5-29-08 - NOA2................................5-29-08 - NOA2

5-30-08 - Touched............................5-30-08 - Touched

6-02-08 - Rcvd NOA2 hardcopy..........6-02-08 - Rcvd NOA2 hardcopy

NVC

6-05-08 - NVC rcvd, new # & IIN.......6-04-08 - NVC rcvd, new #

6-15-08 - NVC invoiced AOS..............6-09-08 - Shipped DHL to Bs. As.

6-15-08 - Paid AOS online..................6-11-08 - Dlvd to Embassy

6-15-08 - Sent DS-3032 email...........6-17-08 - Received e-mail Packet 3

6-17-08 - AOS shows PAID!!!............6-25-08 - Turnned in Packet 3

6-17-08 - Sent AOS pkg Fed Ex.........7-11-08 - Medical

6-23-08 - DS-3032 accepted..............8-14-08 - Interview!!!

6-26-08 - NVC says my I-864EZ is not original Signature (BS!!!)

6-28-08 - IV bill invoiced online.

7-01-08 - Paid IV Bill online

7-01-08 - Re-sent I-864EZ

7-02-08 - IV Bill show "Paid"

7-02-08 - NVC Received I-864EZ, again!!

7-03-08 - Sent DS-230 via FedEx.

7-03-08 - NVC recieves and enters new I-864EZ

7-07-08 - NVC receives and enters DS-230

7-16-08 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

8-14-08 - Interview. APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

8-19-08 - POE, Washington DC.

Timeline

I hear yeah though on the "couch visa" but we plan on him taking classes and playing soccer with the local teams to take his time up. plus the whole getting used to the U.S. thing will help. I've got a bunch of friends with MENA husbands that will keep him busy with Masjiid buisniess too.. hehe insha'allah

belated HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the dad's out there! Hi just_Jackie! for me, the K3 seem to be faster than the CR1 in my husband's country but there's drama involved so the I-129F is on hold for now.. (it's all ready to go and everything!)

so, how 'bout them Lakers, eh? :dance: i say, there's a game 7 but boston is going to take it.. BUT, boston is an "older" team so maybe they're tired now.. hehehe.. i hope they are tired. i want this to be an UPSET!!

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.