4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We received our interview date today for July 24th!

But this is 1 year and 1 month after my family arrived in the US.

Of course immigration took their medical papers at entry but I am wondering if we need to go and have the medical exams redone because it has been more than 1 year?

BTW, their were no touches on our case at the web site. But the interview papers can anyway.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
We received our interview date today for July 24th!

But this is 1 year and 1 month after my family arrived in the US.

Of course immigration took their medical papers at entry but I am wondering if we need to go and have the medical exams redone because it has been more than 1 year?

BTW, their were no touches on our case at the web site. But the interview papers can anyway.

To my understanding the medicals are valid for just one year, i would go and redo them just to avoid any troubles by USCIS, go to website to find the list of civil surgeons around your area.

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Immigration medicals taken for embassy are good for one year from date of the medical to date of filing the I-485. After that you must have the full medical by a civil surgeon.

If less than one year. Civil surgeon only fills out page 1, 2 and 5 of the new i-693!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hi all,

I would also like to know the answer to this. I had my medical in June 2007 and have my interview in July 2008, therefore it has been just over a year since my last medical.

My medical reports were taken at the port of entry and I sent in the additional vaccination supplement certified by a civil surgeon with my AOS package.

I didn't think I needed another medical. Do I?

Thanks,

Buffertortoise

UPDATE:

This is what the VJ Faq says...guess I don't need a medical after all...

6.2.2)....Will I need to take another medical exam since the medical report is only good for one year??

A...In most cases, no. The results of your K1/K2 medical were in the "sealed envelope" that you brought with you from your home country. The I-485 instructions mention that no additional medical is required if filing for AOS within a year of the medical required to obtain the K1/K2. You should simply send in a copy of the I693A (sheet that lists your vaccinations) that your doctor should have provided overseas when you had your medical. And...according to a newsgroup posting...."Went up to the local USCIS (INS) office in Omaha today and they told me that the letter saying "Adjustment of Status / I130 Interview" is just a form letter they send out whether you've applied under a I485 OR a I130.... They also told me that, despite what the letter says, I do NOT need to get another medical done even though its been more than 12 months since my K1 medical at the London Embassy."

FAQ Note: The current I-485 instructions mention a "vaccination supplement". Again as a K1 / K2 Visa holder you should have a copy of this from your exam overseas. If not you will need to make an appointment with an USCIS (INS) approved physician in your area to obtain this paperwork and/or additional vaccinations.

Edited by buffertortoise

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.