stayaway

What is After the NOA2 in k-1

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i wish really that someone help me with the next step, i recived the NOA2 approved and send to the NVC, and waiting the NVC to send to my embassy in cairo, if anybody can help me with every step and forms needed and papers that needed from my babe in the states about the money and support, so i can be ready, i dont neeed anymore delay

and thanx alot for all ur helping guys, cuz really that helped me alot ;)

The NVC will send your fiancee a letter stating that your case has been forwarded to the Embassy in Cairo. Then you wait until YOU receive a packet from the Embassy. This packet will have full instructions for all things you need and where to get them.

You will need to go to your local police station and get a copy of your police records.

You will need a medical examination.

You will need copies of your birth certificate, army papers, and other documents that they will list for you.

You will need to get your photo taken. It must not be older then 1 month. The instructions for the exact size will be in your packet.

You will need to go to CIB bank and pay the $100 (US dollars) feel and get a receipt from them.

And I think there is something else I'm forgetting. I will search through my papers later. I think I have a copy of Mohammed's list.

There are forms you will need to fill out. Your fiancee will need to complete the co sponsor form and provide the information that requires.

Unfortunately I need to leave for awhile so I'm not able to find it all now, but I will post it to you later if someone doesn't. But don't worry. They give you and your fiancee instructions on what to do. More later...

Ok, here is the list of things you will need from the Cairo Embassy. I would like to say that gathering information ahead of time is ok, but things like the medical examination, police records and photograph must be very current so I wouldn't jump ahead with those things. (Just my opinion.) Again, be sure to read the instructions in your packet carefully.

Michael you will need to complete

DS-156 form in duplicate

DS-156K

DS-157

(These are included in your packet)

You will need:

your passport

a copy of your birth certificate

copy of divorce certificate (if any)

copy of death certificate (original + 1 copy if spouse or any family member is deceased)

Original police record

copy of military service record

Form OF-134 from your fiancee with proof of income in the U.S. (most recent federal tax return or pay stubs)

OR proof of your fiancee's personal funds sufficient to provide support for you both and her kids.

Photographs (instructions for type of photograph will be enclosed with your packet)

Unopened medical exam report from one of the physicians on the list you will get

Receipt from Commercial International Bank showing payment of the $100 fee (U.S. Dollars)

You must then take all this to TNT office in Cairo and prepay your return envelope.

We also included further proofs with these documents of our relationship that were not included with our initial application.

Hope this helps.

okey, just waiting

i cant tell u how much am really happpy now from your help, and hellllll thanx sooooooo much for ur care, reallllllly thanx, u did really good job, now i can work on the things that can done now, and waitng on things neeed be done later cuz of they want it new, i thank u sooooo much! (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Ali never hasn't paid a $100 fee to bank ... are we missing something here ?

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Ali never hasn't paid a $100 fee to bank ... are we missing something here ?

Massouna, call the embassy immediatly. I know there is a fee that must be paid prior to the interview. He will have to show the reciept to the embassy.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Regarding the fee, if you don't take that receipt to the interview (especially in Cairo) they can't do the interview. This happened to us. Mohammed forgot it (the ONLY thing he forgot) and they had to schedule him back the next week (which ended up being a big mess, but I don't want to go there... haha). That's a biggie.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I paid $300 something dollars here from what I knew that was the visa fee. At least that what the paperwork said.

So why are you all paying it at the beneficiarys bank and its only $100 ? That's my question.

His packet 4 said NOTHING about a fee I think because we already paid it.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Michael, my husband is going to email you at either your yahoo or hotmail addresses sometime today inshaAllah.

Also, something to do is to make sure that you are exempt from army services. My husband had the army stamp something in his passport and write a note in arabic saying he was exempt, that he didn't have to be in the army. If you don't have this in your passport and you travel back to egypt, they can stop you when you try to leave again, or even stop you from leaving Egypt in the first place, because they may think that you're trying to escape from army duty.

I paid $300 something dollars here from what I knew that was the visa fee. At least that what the paperwork said.

So why are you all paying it at the beneficiarys bank and its only $100 ? That's my question.

If the packet didn't say anything, then I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably that your marriage based visa cost more to process, and the $300 covered that. The $100 may only be for the K-1.

If you're worried, definately call the embassy or have your DH call the embassy and check to make sure.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

This was the fee in Egypt for the K-1, and it was payable at the CIB Bank in Cairo by the equivalent in Egyptian pounds.

Michael, my husband is going to email you at either your yahoo or hotmail addresses sometime today inshaAllah.

Also, something to do is to make sure that you are exempt from army services. My husband had the army stamp something in his passport and write a note in arabic saying he was exempt, that he didn't have to be in the army. If you don't have this in your passport and you travel back to egypt, they can stop you when you try to leave again, or even stop you from leaving Egypt in the first place, because they may think that you're trying to escape from army duty.

Yep. This is VERY important.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok, here is the list of things you will need from the Cairo Embassy. I would like to say that gathering information ahead of time is ok, but things like the medical examination, police records and photograph must be very current so I wouldn't jump ahead with those things. (Just my opinion.) Again, be sure to read the instructions in your packet carefully.

DS-156 form in duplicate

DS-156K

DS-157

You will need:

your passport

copy of death certificate (original + 1 copy if spouse or any family member is deceased)

Original police record

Form OF-134 from your fiancee with proof of income in the U.S. (most recent federal tax return or pay stubs)

OR proof of your fiancee's personal funds sufficient to provide support for you both and her kids.

Photographs (instructions for type of photograph will be enclosed with your packet)

Unopened medical exam report from one of the physicians on the list you will get

Receipt from Commercial International Bank showing payment of the $100 fee (U.S. Dollars)

You must then take all this to TNT office in Cairo and prepay your return envelope.

We also included further proofs with these documents of our relationship that were not included with our initial application.

Hope this helps.

Let me Clarify the NON US resident need to fill out the DS-156, DS-157 & DS-157K forms?

Officially a citizen. My journey took 6 years, 6 months, and 29 days

ruler1.jpg

DS-156 form in duplicate

DS-156K

DS-157

You will need:

your passport

Original police record

Hope this helps.

Let me Clarify the NON US resident need to fill out the DS-156, DS-157 & DS-157K forms?

Yes. Michael is the non US resident.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.