flomagy

Visa Expedited (special circumstances)

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Has anyone here had or know someone that got there visa expedited due to pregnancy. My wife and I are currently in the process. NVC requested a letter from her doctor as to her preganancy status ie months etc......

Just wondering if anyone else has had to take these measures due to similar circumstances........

Thanks in advance.......

CR-1

04/16/06 First met each other......

05/12/07 Married in Ica, Peru one year later

I-130

06/21/07 Sent in I-130 for CR1 Visa

07/28/07 NOA1

11/28/07 NOA2 (File approved!!!!)

NVC (Torture Time) Can you tell I'm a bit jaded right now?

12/21/07 NVC received file

12/31/07 Received I864 Bill

12/31/07 Received DS230 Bill

02/21/08 Sent I864 and DS230 Bill

03/14/08 Received Packet with Instructions from NVC

03/14/08 Sent Packet back to NVC Certified Mail

03/20/08 NVC Receives Packet

04/01/08 NVC sends back packet (missing info or incomplete according to NVC?) your kidding me right?!!!!!!!!

04/10/08 Received Packet with Checklist

05/01/08 Checklist Items overnighted to NVC (almost 1 year since we started the process...wow!)

05/07/08 Packet being returned AGAIN!!!(missing info or incomplete) Somebody just shoot me already!!

05/15/08 DS 230 II overnighted again (NVC claims they never received it)

05/23/08 Case Approval (Finally here!!!!) Case expedited to Lima.

Embassy

06/09/08 - Package 3 with instructions received

06/12/08 - Medical appointment

06/20/08 - Interview.....Visa Approved

Filed: Timeline

I have not done this personally, but I have heard of NVC speeding up your processing for pregnancy ..... NVC seem to be a lot nicer than USCIS

Give them the letter from the doctor as soon as possible and see if you get sped up too .... however, NVC is only taking about 6 weeks now as you can pay online which is quicker.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Has anyone here had or know someone that got there visa expedited due to pregnancy. My wife and I are currently in the process. NVC requested a letter from her doctor as to her preganancy status ie months etc......

Just wondering if anyone else has had to take these measures due to similar circumstances........

Thanks in advance.......

I know for a fact that the USCIS could care less.The NVC,however,is much more lenient.I have never heard of them expediting a visa though.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Thanks in advance.......

I received a pregnancy expedite at NVC because I had complications. They dont just give you an expedite because you are pregnant. They help if you have problems with your pregnancy.

How it works is that they contact the embassy and they collect the documents at the embassy and they expedite the appointment setting.

I had written embassy providing the Dr.s letter in March. By late March my expedite was approved and my case was pulled out of normal processing and fowarded onto the embassy. They gave me an expedited embassy appointment and within 2 weeks after the case arrived, it was approved.

I too was discouraged by everyone saying I couldnt get it. You truly need to a have a medical complication to get the expedite. They dont just give it from pregnancy.. Mine was severe asthma

Thanks in advance.......

I know for a fact that the USCIS could care less.The NVC,however,is much more lenient.I have never heard of them expediting a visa though.

I received an expedite at NVC due to asthma during my pregnancy 2 months ago. My husband is coming next week. Yes it is possible.. You have to have a good reason though. Pregnancy is not enough

Thanks in advance.......

I received a pregnancy expedite at NVC because I had complications. They dont just give you an expedite because you are pregnant. They help if you have problems with your pregnancy.

How it works is that they contact the embassy and they collect the documents at the embassy and they expedite the appointment setting.

I had written embassy providing the Dr.s letter in March. By late March my expedite was approved and my case was pulled out of normal processing and fowarded onto the embassy. They gave me an expedited embassy appointment and within 2 weeks after the case arrived, it was approved.

I too was discouraged by everyone saying I couldnt get it. You truly need to a have a medical complication to get the expedite. They dont just give it from pregnancy.. Mine was severe asthma

Thanks in advance.......

I received an expedite at NVC due to asthma during my pregnancy 2 months ago. My husband is coming next week. Yes it is possible.. You have to have a good reason though. Pregnancy is not enough

Wahrania, I love the picture you have posted . Hey where in Algeria is your husband from? Mine is from Algiers, but in Paris going to school . I hope we get thru this quickly. Your so lucky that he will be here so soon. Congratulations!!! I long for the day for Mohand to be here.

Paris Heart

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not to steal the thread, but my father has terminal lung cancer and is in hospice at stage 4 (you only get5) we would really like him to be able to see his grand child as he only has maybe a few months left. Would NVC expedite for this?

Not to steal the thread, but my father has terminal lung cancer and is in hospice at stage 4 (you only get5) we would really like him to be able to see his grand child as he only has maybe a few months left. Would NVC expedite for this?

begreed,

Just try, you dont know till you try, and NVC is easier to deal with then USCIS. Best of luck. I hope they do it for you.

Paris Heart.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Your case as it's your Father should be expedited through .... request that it be expedited through to the Embassy and be prepared to show them all documentation to prove your case.

Expedites are not impossible .... mine was denied as it's my Husband's Aunt .... but parents are a different ball game and I have seen on this site a couple who were expedited a few months go from USCIS through to Embassy for the parent having terminal cancer.

Goodluck x

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Pregnancy is not grounds for expediting the visa process. Documented critical complications might be considered for a spouse of a USC.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Pregnancy is not grounds for expediting the visa process. Documented critical complications might be considered for a spouse of a USC.

Pregnancy may not be grounds for expediting through the USCIS part of the process , but I know for sure it's possible through NVC as I know someone who did it with no complications. Just a doctor's letter was requested to say when the baby was due etc.

Probably because expectant mothers are not supposed to fly after a certain time in their pregnancy .... and I guess NVC were happy to make sure the mother would be Stateside before getting to that point as it could also interfere with the interview process etc.

NVC appear generally nicer to deal with when it comes to reasons for expedite.

Of course each case is looked at separately when considered .... hopefully you'll get someone nice as the person I know did.

Do let everyone know how it goes.

Timeline

Pregnancy may not be grounds for expediting through the USCIS part of the process , but I know for sure it's possible through NVC as I know someone who did it with no complications. Just a doctor's letter was requested to say when the baby was due etc.

Probably because expectant mothers are not supposed to fly after a certain time in their pregnancy .... and I guess NVC were happy to make sure the mother would be Stateside before getting to that point as it could also interfere with the interview process etc.

Of course each case is looked at separately when considered .... hopefully you'll get someone nice as the person I know did.

There's very little time to be saved at NVC for a CR1 process. Maybe you could save a week. Some Consulates are also more accomodating than others but for many, expediting doesn't save much time because they act so quickly after getting the case in hand anyway.

The backlogged Consulates tend to be the ones that would not give consideration to a simple pregnancy.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks for all the responses.........I am in the process of attaining a letter from my wife's doctor as NVC requested. I will let you know how it turns out. From the general research I've done, it is preferable to travel during the 2nd trimester of pregancy to avoid complications.

CR-1

I-130

07/28/07 NOA1

04/01/08 NVC sends back packet (missing info or incomplete according to NVC?) your kidding me right?!!!!!!!!

05/01/08 Checklist Items overnighted to NVC (almost 1 year since we started the process...wow!)

05/07/08 Packet being returned AGAIN!!!(missing info or incomplete) Somebody just shoot me already!!

Embassy

There's very little time to be saved at NVC for a CR1 process. Maybe you could save a week. Some Consulates are also more accomodating than others but for many, expediting doesn't save much time because they act so quickly after getting the case in hand anyway.

The backlogged Consulates tend to be the ones that would not give consideration to a simple pregnancy.

I saved a couple of months. I had not gotten my final packet and my file was sent very quickly over there and he had his visa in a matter of weeks. Without the expedite , we might have still been waiting for an interview. Its worth the shot. I saved a hell of a lot more than a week. In the cr1 it takes months to get papers and sometimes each phase takes one month a piece

Timeline

I saved a couple of months. I had not gotten my final packet and my file was sent very quickly over there and he had his visa in a matter of weeks. Without the expedite , we might have still been waiting for an interview. Its worth the shot. I saved a hell of a lot more than a week. In the cr1 it takes months to get papers and sometimes each phase takes one month a piece

Couldn't agree more.........and you're right, it is worth a shot.......

CR-1

I-130

07/28/07 NOA1

Embassy

Timeline

Your timeline indicates your case was at NVC exactly three months. It's pretty easy to beat that with James' shortcuts or with the latest online capability getting the NVC process down to 5 or 6 weeks is quite feasible. Actually, I don't see how expedited service at NVC could be completed in less that that same 5 to 6 weeks.

Regardless of whether the OP manages to get expedited service for any portion of the process, they would be wise to do their own expediting by learning the latest fastest way through NVC. See link below.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127253

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.