mohamed and trina

christians and muslims

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I was just about to mention that. Thanks, pcana.

Sure Nagi...forgot too also mention that the Bible is not only the New testament.

So when was it written? and by whom?

it was written in the first 100 years after jesus died, the new testament has 27 different books, which one are you refering to?

The bible we use that was aproved by the christian church

In A.D. 363, the Council of Laodicea stated that only the Old Testament (along with the Apocrypha) and the 27 books of the New Testament were to be read in the churches. The Council of Hippo (A.D. 393) and the Council of Carthage (A.D. 397) also affirmed the same 27 books as authoritative.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure Nagi...forgot too also mention that the Bible is not only the New testament.

it was written in the first 100 years after jesus died, the new testament has 27 different books, which one are you refering to?

In A.D. 363, the Council of Laodicea stated that only the Old Testament (along with the Apocrypha) and the 27 books of the New Testament were to be read in the churches. The Council of Hippo (A.D. 393) and the Council of Carthage (A.D. 397) also affirmed the same 27 books as authoritative.

Agree!! just surprised about you knowing all this facts about the councils but having a total ignorance about how wrote the new testament??? just wondering!!!

Timeline

In 331, the Emperor Constantine commissioned Eusebius to deliver fifty Bibles for the Church of Constantinople. Athanasius (Apol. Const. 4) recorded Alexandrian scribes around 340 preparing Bibles for Constans. Little else is known, though there is plenty of speculation. For example, it is speculated that this may have provided motivation for canon lists, and that Codex Vaticanus, Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Alexandrinus are examples of these Bibles. Together with the Peshitta, these are the earliest extant Christian Bibles.[17]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I beleive 100% that a marriage between a Christian and a Muslim can work and many many times does. It depends on the people involved. However, Trina, it sounds to me like you have some major issues with your fiance's faith and its critical to work them out now before there really are children in the picture. Its possible it cant be worked out. Good luck to you, I know this cant be easy but its better to face it head on now rather than later.

I agree here with Sarah. This is something that should have been discussed a long time ago. Before you go any further you 2 must sit down and get some sort of structure to your relationship.

Trina, I dated a man for two years who was Muslim, but not particularly religious. I have always been a regular church-goer. It did not work out for us when we started discussing marriage and children. Like you, I could not see raising my child any religion than the one in which I was raised. I did not really like the idea of my children going to a mosque. And even though my boyfriend didn't think at the time that it would matter, deep down it did. He would also have wanted to show him what Islam is about. It was difficult at the time, but eventually I decided to go my own way and to break up with him. In hindsight, it was the best thing I could have done in this situation. Also, you have to understand that for a man to believe its POSSIBLE and permittable for a man to have more than one wife, also brings forth other issues you may have not thought of. If its possible for a man to have more than one wife, it is also possible for a man with a current wife to flirt or look at other women--even if its not legally possible in the USA for him to marry another. In other words, he morally has his options "open." Do not take this lightly, for unless he is an extremely orthodox muslim, cheating is somewhat culturally more permissable for a Muslim than for a Christian. Mohammed had many concubines as well as wives, and having a concubine, from what I understand, is permissable in some people's interpretation if Islam. A concubine is nothing more than a mistress. I have known of at least a dozen Christian-Muslim partnerships over the last 15 years, and only two are still functioning, and many of them broke up due to the wife's discovery of her husband's infidelities. I do not know you or your fiance, so I cannot judge your personal situation, but since you asked for feedback, I am giving it to you. I am now engaged to a Swedish national, and we too have religious differences--he is athiest although he was baptised Lutheran, which is the Christian faith I follow. We both have teenage sons, and we've agreed not to interfere in this matter with our respective sons.

I don't know where you got your information from :wacko:

Marriage to more than one woman is not just an issue for an interfaith relationship with a Muslim but even in a Muslim-Muslim relationship.

Cheating, aka adultery/infidelity, is against Islam and its beliefs. Just because a man married more than one woman does not mean that he cheated on his first wife.

Marrying more than one woman is allowed in Islam, but Muslim men are encouraged to marry only one because of the stipulations attached to marrying more than one woman. Ideally, if a man decides that he wants to marry another woman he is not exempt from the rules of morality and chastity that were in place when he married his first wife. Its not like he can go around and sample the local fare before marrying again.

In addition, there are Muslims that do not practice marrying more than one wife. In fact, the people who do are in the minority.

Cheating happens everywhere everyday. Married men flirt with women everyday in the US, Muslim and not. Heck, married women flirt in the US. It does not discriminate by race/religion/gender/sexuality.

To the OP: sorry, I just had to say something :blush:

:thumbs: Thank you.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Agree!! just surprised about you knowing all this facts about the councils but having a total ignorance about how wrote the new testament??? just wondering!!!

BTW if you really want to know I'll be glad to send a personal message,this way OFF TOPIC

Timeline

I know who actually wrote the books but what we see today is not exactly what was written in the original versions or what is interpreted today by the religious leaders. So many people follow blindly by those who are in authority.

Timeline

All I am saying is that if you truley understand the truth there isn't that much difference in the faiths. It is man who makes up his own rules that make the religions clash.

Sorry, I should have said rewrote and published.

All I am saying is that if you truley understand the truth there isn't that much difference in the faiths. It is man who makes up his own rules that make the religions clash.

rewrote NOT, translate would be more appropiate

Timeline

rewrote NOT, translate would be more appropiate

And every service man takes a few words from the bible and interprets his opinion of what it means, do we follow blindly or read for ourselves to determine the truth?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Trina, I dated a man for two years who was Muslim, but not particularly religious. I have always been a regular church-goer. It did not work out for us when we started discussing marriage and children. Like you, I could not see raising my child any religion than the one in which I was raised. I did not really like the idea of my children going to a mosque. And even though my boyfriend didn't think at the time that it would matter, deep down it did. He would also have wanted to show him what Islam is about. It was difficult at the time, but eventually I decided to go my own way and to break up with him. In hindsight, it was the best thing I could have done in this situation. Also, you have to understand that for a man to believe its POSSIBLE and permittable for a man to have more than one wife, also brings forth other issues you may have not thought of. If its possible for a man to have more than one wife, it is also possible for a man with a current wife to flirt or look at other women--even if its not legally possible in the USA for him to marry another. In other words, he morally has his options "open." Do not take this lightly, for unless he is an extremely orthodox muslim, cheating is somewhat culturally more permissable for a Muslim than for a Christian. Mohammed had many concubines as well as wives, and having a concubine, from what I understand, is permissable in some people's interpretation if Islam. A concubine is nothing more than a mistress. I have known of at least a dozen Christian-Muslim partnerships over the last 15 years, and only two are still functioning, and many of them broke up due to the wife's discovery of her husband's infidelities. I do not know you or your fiance, so I cannot judge your personal situation, but since you asked for feedback, I am giving it to you. I am now engaged to a Swedish national, and we too have religious differences--he is athiest although he was baptised Lutheran, which is the Christian faith I follow. We both have teenage sons, and we've agreed not to interfere in this matter with our respective sons.

Marriage to more than one woman is not just an issue for an interfaith relationship with a Muslim but even in a Muslim-Muslim relationship.

Cheating, aka adultery/infidelity, is against Islam and its beliefs. Just because a man married more than one woman does not mean that he cheated on his first wife.

Marrying more than one woman is allowed in Islam, but Muslim men are encouraged to marry only one because of the stipulations attached to marrying more than one woman. Ideally, if a man decides that he wants to marry another woman he is not exempt from the rules of morality and chastity that were in place when he married his first wife. Its not like he can go around and sample the local fare before marrying again.

In addition, there are Muslims that do not practice marrying more than one wife. In fact, the people who do are in the minority.

Cheating happens everywhere everyday. Married men flirt with women everyday in the US, Muslim and not. Heck, married women flirt in the US. It does not discriminate by race/religion/gender/sexuality.

:thumbs:

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline

:thumbs:

Married women in Islam don't flirt though, what does this tell us?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Really?

You don't know the women I do ;)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Really?

Oh goodness, here we go, "married woman in islam dont flirt" :wacko:

What planet are you on.

and guess what, muslim woman poop too. :bonk:

No one is better than another, we are all human!!

I-130 & G325A

09/11/2007 I-130 & G-325A mailed today, to Los angeles, CA

03/16/2008 Received RFE I-130

03/26/2008 RFE for I-130, sent to LA Through USPS Certified mail

03/31/2008 I-130 RFE response letter is received

04/09/2008 I-130 case processing has resumed

04/17/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!! DATED 04/14/08 YAY!! 7 monthes to approve.

I-485 & EAD

03/13/2008 Sent I-485 & EAD to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Priority Mail

03/16/2008 I-485 & EAD Received by R. MERCEDO USCIS Chicago IL

03/25/2008 Received NOAs for I-485, I-765

03/28/2008 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03/29/2008 Biometrics done-Appointment Scheduled 4/05, but I went early.

03/31/2008 Case Status shows up Online

04/03/2008 EAD touched

04/10/2008 RFE for I-485 received today, dated 4/04/08

04/11/2008 Sent RFE to Lee's Summit, MO / USPS priority mail

04/14/2008 USCIS received RFE response; signed by C BORDERS.

04/17/2008 Case processing resumed

04/22/2008 Touched

05/09/2008 Received EAD Approval Notice from CRIS "Card production odered"

05/14/2008 EAD card production ordered, 2nd notice

05/16/2008 EAD Approved & Sent!! (61 days)

05/19/2008 EAD in hand!!!!!

GOD SPEED FOR ALL OF US WITH TRUE INTENTIONS!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Really?

Again.... :thumbs:

Gaby&Talbert, you don't know many Muslim women do you? Just because they aren't suppose too doesn't mean they follow what they have been taught, same as many many religions.

Really?

Oh goodness, here we go, "married woman in islam dont flirt" :wacko:

What planet are you on.

and guess what, muslim woman poop too. :bonk:

No one is better than another, we are all human!!

:rofl:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'