10 posts in this topic

received RFE today crying.gif they're asking for I-864 affidavit of support submitted to IRS for the most recent tax year. My question is, how do we do this since we filed for an extension? we were gonna wait til i get my SSN then file jointly. I hope somebody can help us...

Sent N400: Oct 27, 2011

NOA: Nov 1, 2011

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2011

Yellow letter date: 12/14/2011

Yellow letter received: 12/19/2011

received RFE today crying.gif they're asking for I-864 affidavit of support submitted to IRS for the most recent tax year. My question is, how do we do this since we filed for an extension? we were gonna wait til i get my SSN then file jointly. I hope somebody can help us...

Give them EXACTLY what they ask for! No less. No more.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They aren't asking for the affidavit of support sent to the IRS. There is no such thing.

Are they asking for the most recent tax returns? If so, yes, get them done. What's the hold up? If you must, then get an extension and send that in.....it will show some basic calculations with supporting documents. That really should've been done by now anyhow.

Do they also want a new I-864? I'm confused as to if you sent this in initially anyhow.

Please clarify.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

yes, we did send the I-864 the first time. we were not able to send the most recent tax return since we filed for an extension when we sent out the AOS application.

we're planning to send in the w2's and form 1040 for the year 2007. are we supposed to send in a new I-864 too?

thanks.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Are they asking for a new I-864? Now, it's what are they asking you for.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

maybe a copy of your 2007 w-2 and explanation of your filing extention..i think they just wanna see how much you made in 2007 . that's all...did you receive an email before you get that RFE in the mail?....

IR-5 for parents

04-16-2012 sent I-130

08-31-2012 I-130 approved and sent to NVC

NVC

09-21-2012 case # assigned by email

09-25-2012 emailed choice of Agent Aos bill paid

10/04/2012 confirmation emailed received about choice of agent IV billed paid

10/04/2012 optin eprocessing emailed sent

10/10/12 optin email confirmed received

taking a break collecting info

11/01/2012 emailed AOS and IV package

11/20/2012 Checklist emailed received..forget guz p3 supplement form and signature on the AoS form

11/21/2012 checklist response emailed sent

12/05/12 case completed......finally ( Could haven't save 2 month of time if everything was ready be fore case# was assigned)

02/04/13 docs intake at guz. 02/05/13 interview passed. 3 simple questions asked

02/08/13 visas arrived at home ( that was fast. 3 days through ems. Right before Chinese new year )

02/16/13. Coming to u.s.a!!!!!! Yeah.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Are they asking for a new I-864? Now, it's what are they asking you for.

Send them exactly what they asked for. If you cannot provide the actual tax return, send them a copy of the extension along with the supporting W2's and/or 1099's etc.

The filing must include a fully executed affidavit of support with supporting documentation. You skipped the tax return. No good.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

i didn't get an email before i got the RFE in the mail. Will send them exactly what they are asking for. I hope it wont delay the process much longer. It sucks not being able to work and drive :((

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.