MihaelaNYS

VAWA I-360 (USC battered wife)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi,

I have a temporary GC (based on family - my husband is a USC). I want to apply for a waiver to

be able to remove my condition (temporary of my CG).

The nature of the abuse was mainly emotionally and psychologic.

I have a letter from my family doctor that recommended me to the Retreat

- an organization that helps abused women; I can

get letters from my friends, my counselor (social worker) and my psychologist. I also filed a report with the police.

If there is anyone that have been in a similar situation and successfully filed I-360 please

let me know.

Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hi,

I have a temporary GC (based on family - my husband is a USC). I want to apply for a waiver to

get letters from my friends, my counselor (social worker) and my psychologist. I also filed a report with the police.

If there is anyone that have been in a similar situation and successfully filed I-360 please

let me know.

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Not sure but try in this forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=113 - there might be some people - also do a search and you may find old posts and answers there. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

let me know.

Thank you

Why the I-360?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Timeline

Hey, sorry for your situation.

You don't need the I-360. What you need is file the I-751 (yes normally) same as if you will do it jointly but you mark on the BOX E :

" I am a conditional resident spouse who entered a marriage in good faith, and during the

marriage I was battered by or was the subject of extreme cruelty by my U.S. citizen or

permanent resident spouse or parent."

And the only person who sign that form will be you.

You filed the form with all the evidence that you have from your bona fide marriage not limited to bank accounts, joint tax returns, lease,loan, bills etc etc in both names or in name of one or the other but that STATES THE SAME ADDRESS!! Whatever you can get from your relationship. Pictures, did you have kids? if so, add the birth certificates...remember PHOTOCOPIES, no originals! you keep them that is your evidence.

Now, make a compilation of all your psychological evaluation and put a letter up front explaining why you are filing with the waiver of abuse spouse. Add your doctors, therapist and social workers, is IMPORTANT that they include their license number, organization they belonged to and their name and address. You will add that as part of your evidence to be filing with the waiver of filing jointly. The only thing that I am not sure is if you put originals from your doctor or copies of it...I think copies are fine since you need that information for you in the case you get call for an interview later on.

Since you are applying for the abuse waiver is my understanding that is the only case there is not a requirement to be divorce from your spouse.

If you need more info, there are information on shelters that can give you a legal aid counseling free of charge or with a small flat fee and that will help you to get through your immigration situation.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.