13 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where to fax or email the Director of USCIS???? Something has to be done at VSC of the non processing of K3 and the CR-1 petitions. This is totally our of hand and un-acceptable. Why has the I-130 been put on back burner, and they wont process us or even tell us why?

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

How you know that??

Does anyone know where to fax or email the Director of USCIS???? Something has to be done at VSC of the non processing of K3 and the CR-1 petitions. This is totally our of hand and un-acceptable. Why has the I-130 been put on back burner, and they wont process us or even tell us why?

How you know that??

Read the threads, Januray filers, and etc.

Its written right there, K3 and CR-1 petitions are not VSC proirity. READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO A TIME LINE :time:

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

But that's not anything official... It could be just a rumour...

How you know that??

Its written right there, K3 and CR-1 petitions are not VSC proirity. READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How you know that??

When a officer form VSC tell another forum member that K3 and CR-1 are not VSC proirity, to me, that is not a rumor. Besides, its been said more then once. Also look, look at the number of K1 approvals VS. K3 CR-1 filers.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just relax....we all know its hard to wait...but we all have to wait. It drove me crazy when I was waiting after filing in November and not even getting an NOA1 until the end of January!!!! We just now got approved from Vermont for our CR1 and now our case is at the NVC and guess what.....its more waiting. I still haven't gotten a NOA2 for our K3...which if you want something to complain about...its the whole K3 process. Its nothing but a waste of time and energy and clogs up the system. They do the I-130 faster than the K3.

Get used to waiting.....its all part of it this experience of trying to immigrate someone into this country....and it won't go any faster if you panic or start freaking out. Use the time to study up on what you must do next so you are very much prepared so that when you are approved you can supply all of the info and forms you need and do it correctly the first time so that you can help your case move through the NVC faster.

Study, study and more study!! It will help you later! And also helps occupy your time. Hang in there!

:star:

How you know that??

When a officer form VSC tell another forum member that K3 and CR-1 are not VSC proirity, to me, that is not a rumor. Besides, its been said more then once. Also look, look at the number of K1 approvals VS. K3 CR-1 filers.

Just relax....we all know its hard to wait...but we all have to wait. It drove me crazy when I was waiting after filing in November and not even getting an NOA1 until the end of January!!!! We just now got approved from Vermont for our CR1 and now our case is at the NVC and guess what.....its more waiting. I still haven't gotten a NOA2 for our K3...which if you want something to complain about...its the whole K3 process. Its nothing but a waste of time and energy and clogs up the system. They do the I-130 faster than the K3.

Get used to waiting.....its all part of it this experience of trying to immigrate someone into this country....and it won't go any faster if you panic or start freaking out. Use the time to study up on what you must do next so you are very much prepared so that when you are approved you can supply all of the info and forms you need and do it correctly the first time so that you can help your case move through the NVC faster.

Study, study and more study!! It will help you later! And also helps occupy your time. Hang in there!

:star:

How you know that??

I apprechiate that, truly I do, and I'em ready paperwork wise for the NVC and the embassy. Its just that time is so against me all the way around.

Its so frustrating wieh VSC is concerned with only the K1 petitions, some files after I did, and they have visas in hand already. What ever happened to family first. Thank you again for your words.

Best of luck on the rest of your journey.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Paris heart I know it's VERY Diffcult waiting... TRUST me I know!!!! But what you can do is write letters that's what I filled my days with

Here is the Address to the Director:

Jonathan R. Scharfen,

USCIS Director,

Department of Homeland Security

20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20529

Good Luck, I wrote him a letter when he was Deputy Director but never responsed!! Let me know how it goes.. I don't have a fax for him sorry!

If you can go visit your Spouse I would do that and Explore France together. I wish I could go see my spouse but his country has been CRAZY for the last year! Hopefully I will see him very soon

Good Luck

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
Paris heart I know it's VERY Diffcult waiting... TRUST me I know!!!! But what you can do is write letters that's what I filled my days with

Jonathan R. Scharfen,

USCIS Director,

Washington, DC 20529

Good Luck, I wrote him a letter when he was Deputy Director but never responsed!! Let me know how it goes.. I don't have a fax for him sorry!

If you can go visit your Spouse I would do that and Explore France together. I wish I could go see my spouse but his country has been CRAZY for the last year! Hopefully I will see him very soon

Good Luck

Nita

You are right and I can't imagine what it must be like when your spouse is living in a dangerous country where you can't visit... :crying: There was some political tension in Nepal in the last few years but not so bad that I felt afraid going there - I arrived a few weeks after the mass protests in April '06 and you could hardly tell that anything had gone on. I will be waking up next to my Maya in one week and am so happy about that - hopefully it will keep us strong if we have as long a wait when I come back.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How you know that??

From the timeline searches available, its obvious that K1 visas are being processed more quickly than K3/CR1 categories. Apparently USCIS is supposed to be self-funding from the fees collected from applicants. This has effects on how visas are processed as detailed in the article below.

"Cases that take longer than an hour to complete are not provided additional resources in the office’s budget. Offices with more than the average numbers of difficult cases or offices that try to work the difficult cases thoroughly will not be adequately funded because the number of completions will be low. Meanwhile, offices that push to complete the easy cases will see their budgets grow. One field office visited by the Ombudsman has a large number of long-pending cases which require substantial adjudicator hours. However, officers at that office indicate that they cannot address the older, difficult cases without negatively affecting their productivity report to USCIS headquarters."

From the ombudsman's page:

The Ombudsman has observed that newer cases are processed more quickly while cases more than six months old are increasingly backlogged. The Ombudsman supports the USCIS drive to maximize case completions, but attention needs to be directed at clearing older cases.

Link to the ombudsman's page which has addtional information: http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1192724755499.shtm#5

The webpage seems to be updated infrequently.

Another reason for delays may be related to the Iraq war: http://www.state.gov/p/nea/rls/rm/100030.htm

Another reason to love George Bush. :whistle:

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15 receipt date

I-130 NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) : None

RFE Reply(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26 (email)

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

NVC Received :2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :2008-09-12

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Medical: 2008-09-23,24

Sputum Test Passed, complete medical: 2008-12-08

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, White Slips, need current marriage index and CENOMAR

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-01

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

Jonathan R. Scharfen,

USCIS Director,

Washington, DC 20529

Good Luck

Nita

Nita,

Thank you!! Thank you. I have followed your journey, and I know its been a lvery long one for you and your husband. I promise I will keep in touch and let you know how it goes or if anyting comes of it. Im planning on leaving Sept 4th to see my husband in Paris its all that keeps me going. Its funny, I work 9 or 10 hours a day, busy constantly, but still my mind is on thie process, cause its my love and my husband, yes its a obsession, but its matter of the heart, and I know you can understand that. Thank you again Nita, its been nice talking to you.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Jonathan R. Scharfen,

USCIS Director,

Washington, DC 20529

Good Luck

Nita

You are right and I can't imagine what it must be like when your spouse is living in a dangerous country where you can't visit... :crying: There was some political tension in Nepal in the last few years but not so bad that I felt afraid going there - I arrived a few weeks after the mass protests in April '06 and you could hardly tell that anything had gone on. I will be waking up next to my Maya in one week and am so happy about that - hopefully it will keep us strong if we have as long a wait when I come back.

Pattu,

Thank you also, I hope you have a wonderful trip, I already know you will cause you will be with your love Maya. Treasure that time, for time with our loved ones are so precious. Come back to us safe.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

:crying::crying:

Pattu everytime I schedule and bought a plane ticket to go be with my love, I had to cancel it :crying: and my hubby gets stuck in his country too and can't fly anywhere else to meet me because the dam airport is closed!! I hope this process will end soon!!

Jonathan R. Scharfen,

USCIS Director,

Washington, DC 20529

Good Luck

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.