happyimmigrant

Indian standoff in Caledonia

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was up flying yesterday, and found myself over Caledonia, where the Indian standoff is occurring. My aunt lives there, and local residents more than fed up with what is going on. They have to drive 10 miles out of their way in order to drive 1 mile across town because of the blockaded roads. What hasn't made it to the news media is that the Indians are burning things all over town - bridges, houses, and more. When the fire department arrives, the Indians block them, and tell them to "let it burn." The Zehrs grocery store has closed, because Indians were repeatedly going in, filling carts with groceries, then wheeling them out without paying for them. Indians are riding around on ATV's, riding up to police cars and kicking and smashing them, while the police sit and watch, because they have been told not to do anything.

Police aren't allowed to do anything, but if something doesn't change soon, there is going to be a battle between residents of the town and the Indians. Regular people are fed up with the nonsense going on.

In any case, while flying yesterday, I opened the window, stuck my camera out, and took the first three pictures. The last picture was taken by my aunt, who lives in Caledonia. Firefighters were threatened by Indians if they tried to approach the fire.

Indians1.jpg

Indians2.jpg

Indians3.jpg

Indians4.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

It is a damn shame what is going on there for sure. I live like an hour away, glad I am not closer because I sure can see how the towns people would get frustrated by what is being allowed to happen. Hope it all works out ok for the towns folk.

And I hope it speeds up for you and Holly.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline
It is a damn shame what is going on there for sure. I live like an hour away, glad I am not closer because I sure can see how the towns people would get frustrated by what is being allowed to happen. Hope it all works out ok for the towns folk.

I rather suspect that it's going to end in violence. The Indians seem set on causing a confrontation, they're just baiting the police, daring them to do something, so that they can cry foul and play the "victim" card. I find it interesting that the media is completely ignoring the continuous vandalism and outright illegal acts of terrorism that are being performed by the Indians, even on non-native land.

And I hope it speeds up for you and Holly.

Thanks! Positivity can only help!

Timeline
Are you talking about Native American Indians? I hadn't heard anything about this I'll have to go research it. Nice Pictures!

Well, no, they wouldn't be Native Americans, being that this is Canada. But yes, the Canadian equivalent, "Six Nations" natives.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/04/...e.protest.reut/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ory/TPNational/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you talking about Native American Indians? I hadn't heard anything about this I'll have to go research it. Nice Pictures!

Well, no, they wouldn't be Native Americans, being that this is Canada. But yes, the Canadian equivalent, "Six Nations" natives.

Actually they would be Native Americans, Canada is part of North America

Description North America, the planet's 3rd largest continent, includes (23) countries and dozens of small island possesions and territories - mostly in the Caribbean. It contains all Caribbean and Central America countries, Canada, Mexico and the United States of America - three of the largest countries on the planet, as well as Greenland - the world's largest island.

Continent Size:

24,474,000 sq km

9,449,460 sq miles

Percent of Earth's Land: 16.5%

Population: 501,500,000

Highest Point: Mt McKinley

in Alaska, 20,322ft (6,194m)

Lowest Point: Death Valley

in California, -282 ft (-86m) below sea level.

Then there is South America which is From Colombia and Venezuela on down

*Runs and Hides*

July 12, 2002 - Married

I130

May 18, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

May 20, 2005 - Received Date

June 2, 2005 - Notice Date

June 6, 2005 - Received NOA1

September 10, 2005No action to date

December 1, 2005 -Approved

I129

August 25, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

August 26, 2005 - USPS tracking shows Delivered, August 26, 2005, 1:54 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

September 7, 2005 - "touched" I think

September 12, 2005 - Received NOA1 showing receipt date of August 30, 2005

October 17, 2005 - APPROVED!!!

November 27, 2005 - Received by NVC

November 3, 2005 - RFE received from Consulate

November 18, 2005 - RFE delivered to Consulate

November 28, 2005 - Instructions received

December 6, 2005 - Medical Appt Much confusion and lack of communication by Physicians caused much delay :(

March 23 - Checklist received

May 12 - Packet 4 received

June 1 - Interview

June 1 - APPROVED!!!!!

June 7 - Steve Arrived home

Timeline

I too believe it is going to end in violence and yes they will definately cry foul how they were wronged. I want t know who else could pile tires and burn them and not be faced with charges, surely I wouldn't get away with it, but they will.

I was thinking the media staying away was a good thing in hopes of them ending it since they weren't gatheing the spotlight. Sounds like that is not working.

They are baiting the police and towns folk for sure, they are saying they don't want another Ipperwash, but I think that is exactly what they want, which is why the police are likely staying back now.

Filed: Timeline

None of this would be an issue if the white man had just stayed in Europe.

KKK to march on Six Nations?

MNN Mohawk Nation News:

MNN. May 2, 2006. Things are on schedule! The flyers in the hands of Caledonia residents, Ontario Provincial Police and a few Six Nations people reads:

Citizens of Caledonia -

Meeting tonight - 7:00 Sharp! (no location, no date)

Agenda: Discussion of the "Indian Problem". "What is the final solution?"

Full dress meeting. Wear your sheets. (This is no joke. This is what the flyer actually says. This ain't the movies, folks. This is real life).

Special Speaker - all the way from Burning Cross Mississippi, Bobby Lee Raspmas, Veteran of the 50's, 60's, 70's.

Hear about the "Final Solution". (How come Canada is letting him in and they won't let Indians cross the border to support us?)

Three-fourths of the flyer has a picture of a KKK meeting with sheets on.

We were waiting for this one! This flyer was given out for last Friday's rally and march onto the barricades at the site of the illegal housing project that the Six Nations People are trying to stop. It's being given out again for the Friday, May 5th rally at 7:00 right at the barricades this time.

The press has been asking Caledonians where the flyer came from and nobody seems to know. Janie Jamieson said, "If the non-native rioters come here and it gets out of hand, the OPP will declare they can't handle it. Then the army will be brought in". Based on past experience we suspect that even putting this flyer out is supposed to create a panic. We've seen it all before. The same thing happened in the Mohawk Oka Crisis of 1990.

We have given no reason for the army or the RCMP to come in. If these rioters create chaos, the Caledonians will be screaming for the big guns to come in. In 1990 the people of Chateauguay were incited to riot night after night at the boundary of Kahnawake. It was exactly exactly the same kind of threats, screaming, insults, trying to rush the barricades and yelling for the army to come in. It split the community up and gave it a "red neck" label that still taints its reputation 16 years later. What can be done? How do the people of Caledonia feel about being identified with the Ku Klux Klan? Hey, neighbors, can't you see it? You are being set up to get a bad name.

David Peterson, the Ontario negotiator, has probably been given orders to demand that the barricades be taken down before talks can begin. They want to create a situation so they don't have to negotiate. "Remove your barricades and then we will talk", it says on the colonial script. Every time we object to oppression, this is the same procedure that has been followed. Peterson is probably going to try to make it look like the Indigenous people are being stubborn, belligerent and non-compromising. That's what Bernard Roy and Alex Patterson did in Kanehsatake in 1990. They were getting angry because we kept on wanting to talk about the land issue. Throughout we were peaceful and non-violent. They got impatient and suddenly cut off negotiations. Then the army closed the perimeter around us and kept us there under siege for almost another month.

The term "final solution to the Indian problem" was coined first by Indian Affairs superintendent, Duncan Campbell Scott, to describe his genocidal policies in the 1920's. It's not surprising to find the KKK has taken up the banner of his cause. So they're not the first in line. Remember Hitler? He found Canadian and U.S. Indian policies very inspiring. Unfortunately, World War II was not enough to end such disgusting initiatives.

Has Canada no sense of pride? Aren't they ashamed to be doing this again? This tired out old tactic is digging a hole for Canada's reputation. Rather than settling with the Indigenous people, Canada would prefer to use scare tactics to get a little bit instead of settling the big issues.

Take a stand against the KKK. Take a stand against police and military solutions to legal problems. Ask you Member of Parliament how it is that the KKK is able to import speakers to incite racist violence. This flyer was put out a week ago and nothing's been done since then. We still need people to stand with us. Any help is appreciated. Keep writing the Governor General, the Prime Minister, the Queen and everybody in the world. Tell them what's happening to us.

Kahentinetha Horn

MNN Mohawk Nation News

Kahentinetha2@yahoo.com

www.mnn.mohawknationnews.com

http://nefac.net/?q=node/2080

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Introduce yourself to anyone in the world as an American, what country do they think you are from? :)

None of this would be an issue if the white man had just stayed in Europe.

KKK to march on Six Nations?

MNN Mohawk Nation News:

The Indians barricading, stealing from and burning Caledonia can call themselves peaceful protesters, or whatever they want. It doesn't change what they truly are: terrorists. They are intimidating the general population and trying to take what they want through fear and intimidation. Our weak-kneed government should get off its collective butt and deal with them as terrorists should be dealt with.

If they have an issue with land rights, they should deal with the issue like everybody else in society: go to the courts. Additionally, if they are going to commit illegal acts, they should be dealt with like everybody else in society: arrest, trial, and appropriate punishment.

It's pathetic what Canada is allowing to go on there.

Timeline

Like I already said, there would be no Canada if the white man had just stayed home. Everything else is an offshoot of that original crime.

That's history that can't be changed. What CAN be changed is what is happening right now.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Introduce yourself to anyone in the world as an American, what country do they think you are from? :)

LOL I know, it can be kind of humorous at times. Take for example the recent illegal immigration issues. Read some of the articles especially those specifically refering to Mexico again with the thought of what America really is and it can be kind of funny. Example, the Minute Men group. They have a petition to secure the country's borders. It's titled

SECURE AMERICA’S BORDERS NOW!

Are we going to build a fence or something around the entire continent? :lol:

They also have a T-shirt you can order, it says:

"Americans Defending America"

OK then with this in mind we should all be good here....game over...nothing to see here we can all go home. :lol:

Yes I find humor in strange things like this, but really it is funny :)

July 12, 2002 - Married

I130

May 18, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

May 20, 2005 - Received Date

June 2, 2005 - Notice Date

June 6, 2005 - Received NOA1

September 10, 2005No action to date

December 1, 2005 -Approved

I129

August 25, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

August 26, 2005 - USPS tracking shows Delivered, August 26, 2005, 1:54 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

September 7, 2005 - "touched" I think

September 12, 2005 - Received NOA1 showing receipt date of August 30, 2005

October 17, 2005 - APPROVED!!!

November 27, 2005 - Received by NVC

November 3, 2005 - RFE received from Consulate

November 18, 2005 - RFE delivered to Consulate

November 28, 2005 - Instructions received

December 6, 2005 - Medical Appt Much confusion and lack of communication by Physicians caused much delay :(

March 23 - Checklist received

May 12 - Packet 4 received

June 1 - Interview

June 1 - APPROVED!!!!!

June 7 - Steve Arrived home

Timeline

Like I already said, there would be no Canada if the white man had just stayed home. Everything else is an offshoot of that original crime.

That's history that can't be changed. What CAN be changed is what is happening right now.

So very true, and unfortunate that they can hold a town hostage basically, your right it is terrorist and if they want to try to make like they are going to speak in good faith with the gov't then the Natives need to give something in return.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.