Dr. A ♥ O

Update in moi world

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So I've been up all night either talking with Waleed, reading the news, or posting on VJ. All this because one I am sorta on my Mom's schedule now and two Waleed was supposed to come online and say "talley ho love!" before he shoves off back to the military again for three weeks. :crying:

5am rolls around and no Waleed...

6am rolls around and no Waleed.... :crying:

However, He did warn me he might not make it back in time from the errands he's running *ahem*

he's visiting the Embassy

today.

I am in communication with one of my Congressman. I think one is enough for now. How many Congressman and Senators should we have on the case? Being in the capitol city, Boise, now should be easier for communication.

Anywho... with the egyptian military throwing the wrench in the visa process and rumors flying that if you're a soilder you can't step inside a foreign embassy (BTW is that true?) we are trying to figure it out as we go.

Oh would you look at that! Waleed just popped online! :dance:

O-tah that's the update for now. I'll see what he found out. Gotta run!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wish I had some answers for you. But for some reason I have heard the same about being in the military and going to a foreign consulate. I am not sure though. I know your case is complicated with the whole military issue, but I think the senator/rep can be helpful in situations like this.

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i don't have any answers either, Olivia, but i wish you the best... and you and Waleed have my prayers.

Hopefully, you will find a solution soon!

hz (F) (F) (F)

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

One good state rep should be enough, keep in close contact with them and keep them informed

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Waleed sent all this to me in an email and I'm not sure about some of it. He's knows I'm in contact with one of my Congressman?

What do you all think of this advice? I read that after 2 yrs. of being married it automatically switches to the IR-1. Will any of this be relevant since by Dec. we'll be married two years and in March-May 2009 he gets released from the military? I don't know. It makes my head spin.

About my errand to the embassy, it wasn't much benefit, the man at the glass window there told me that he can't give me any information other than the (contact us) piece of papers, i told him that i already did, and i didn't get enough leading information from them, he just told me to try again, then i found that employee checking some papers outside for some people going inside, i waited him till he is finished, and asked him about the same thing, and he gave me some few information about it among them he told me that, the validity of the approval is 6 months not 4, (and they are not very accurate even concerning the 6 months as if it is not a real deadline, it is more like a line to keep the cases inside going in the same order they recieve them with), he told me to try to send a request of extention, and see what they would do.. He also adviced me that we should let you there try to contact your senator office or whoever responsible officialy for these situations (congressman?) and they would pay much attention for it here if there was some action from the american side over there not the egyptian side over here (i heard that before and i am not feeling it is strange..lol).. I have typed 2 Emails for the both addresses again (consularcaironiv@state.gov) and (consularcairoiv@state.gov) and we would see what might happen.. I would tell you now, i would try to keep holding to the K3 in case it worked it would make me able to fly to you there the month aftert i am finished with the army.. I know it is not as good as the CR-1 but there are some points in it that makes it still good, like it won't cost any money more than the 130$ for the interview, true it would need 1010$ there, but because the K3 now is work permitted not like before then i might be able to get any job and working for 2 months would cover this money.. the CR-1 here would need like 400$ for the interview plus the paperworks for you there would be another dilemma.. we will see, after all i just hope Allah might bring it to the easiest with us after we prove him in that hard exam that we are fighting to keep together.. So my last thing i want you to do for us.. is to talk to those people there, for the extension of the (I-129f) and also to contact the NVC or call them on the phone asking about the details of the approved (I-130) they hold there, and if it is gonna expire, or what can we do in case we wanna move to the CR-1 visa without being hussled or affected by the wasted K3 in case it was wasted..

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

Waleed sent all this to me in an email and I'm not sure about some of it. He's knows I'm in contact with one of my Congressman?

What do you all think of this advice? I read that after 2 yrs. of being married it automatically switches to the IR-1. Will any of this be relevant since by Dec. we'll be married two years and in March-May 2009 he gets released from the military? I don't know. It makes my head spin.

Hi Olivia,

I do not have much to offer you in advice other than keep moving along the route that you are now. I read his email and all the information he provided made my head spin as well. I do believe keeping in contact with local congressman and consistently keeping on top of them with constant calls/emails is a very smart move. I will keep you and Waleed in my prayers. Wishing you strength and patience through all this! (F)

Nawal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
we will see, after all i just hope Allah might bring it to the easiest with us after we prove him in that hard exam that we are fighting to keep together..

The reward is definitely worth the struggle you are going through!!!! (F)(F)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My prayers are with you. Keep the faith!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

In the past if the I-130 processed before they finished with the I-129f it would switch over. And yes, once you are married 2 years it switches from a CR1 to the IR1. I can see why financially it would be beneficial to come on the K-3, but in all honesty if you could hang in there and wait for the IR1 you would be in a great position.

One note of advice, if you do go for IR1 make sure the consulate doesn't forget and give him the CR1. It's time consumming to fix it here, and even though we have heard that the Port of Entry can fix it doesn't mean they will.

In the meantime I am sorry this whole thing is so hard, but as bridget said, its all worth it.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Timeline

If you are going to get congresspeople involved, it is worth checking their websites to see what committees they sit on in the congress. Those who really have power with the consulates are those who sit on any committee that controls the budget, and those that impact immigration. Consulates always need more money and will listen really fast to the people who hold the purse strings.

Even if a congressperson isn't someone you would vote for, if they are the one on the right committee go for it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.