stayaway

Cairo Embassy K-1 Help Needed

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i just finded that web site right now, and am really greatfull for all people who is helping, finaly i finded someone tasted me and my fiancee stress and waiting game, who can give me help and experince

we are on k-1 i just recived the NOA2 approved, and USCIS told me the papers is going to the NVC, but still am waiting that the NVC recive papers and send it to cairo embassy, am on the waiting game, things r stressfull, i wish someone give us hope and help about what going to happen, interview tips, everything will be appericated, and am also trying to contact some guys who been in same boat, that can give me help about what is about cairo embassy, am missing my fiancee sooo bad, i seen her last time was on march 2005, i neeed help, espcaily you guys that had same experince in cairo embassy, cuz i really worried about that, espicaly i gone to the embassy before on visit visa on 2000, and they refused me, so i hate there interview really!

Welcome. My fiance Mohammed and I are going through Cairo on K1. His interview was on 3/30 and we are now waiting out his processing. If I remember properly, it took about 2 weeks for our papers to move from NVC to the Embassy. Then about 3 or 4 weeks for him to get his papers from them to schedule his interview. The interview took about 2 months to schedule after the Embassy received his papers.

You will find lots of helpful people here. If you have specific questions, let me know. I know this is a stressful thing. The waiting is so hard. I haven't seen Mohammed for one year now. What type of visa did you interview for in 2000?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I can't offer much advice to you on Cairo, but there are alot of ladies here that can so I will leave it to them, but a big big warm welcome to you!!! :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

i like to know, if there is a way that cairo embassy try to make problems to stop case, what i do then, is there any tips about questions asked in the embassy, i got everything i can get as evadince, and still adding more evdince, and pray to God soo much to help me and my fiancee

i made tourist visa on 2000

Honestly, the Embassy won't try to make trouble for your case on purpose. Their job is just to be sure there is no fraud. It might be a good idea to sit down with your fiancee and think of any type of "red flag" that may be on your case. A red flag would be something the Embassy might see as strange or odd.

Example, a red flag for Mohammed and I is that I am older then he is. The Embassy will look at this closely and in the interview they asked Mohammed specific questions regarding his feelings about our age difference.

If you are gathering up all the proof you can, that's a good thing. Be sure to keep a copy of EVERYTHING in case you might need it in the future.

Honestly, the Embassy won't try to make trouble for your case on purpose. Their job is just to be sure there is no fraud. It might be a good idea to sit down with your fiancee and think of any type of "red flag" that may be on your case. A red flag would be something the Embassy might see as strange or odd.

Example, a red flag for Mohammed and I is that I am older then he is. The Embassy will look at this closely and in the interview they asked Mohammed specific questions regarding his feelings about our age difference.

If you are gathering up all the proof you can, that's a good thing. Be sure to keep a copy of EVERYTHING in case you might need it in the future.

thanx sooo much just waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, u really give me a good hint,really good one, the red flag between me and my babee, is she is older too, but really what i really belive in is age is just a number, and also, other red flag, is having kids, but i love them and they love me, and we all on contact with each other everyday

so God with US all, and i pray i can be with my babe again, cuz am missing her soo bad, and i pray that the embassy take it easy on me, espicaly i have problem in interview, i get soo much panic

thanx sooo much just waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, u really give me a good hint,really good one, the red flag between me and my babee, is she is older too, but really what i really belive in is age is just a number, and also, other red flag, is having kids, but i love them and they love me, and we all on contact with each other everyday

so God with US all, and i pray i can be with my babe again, cuz am missing her soo bad, and i pray that the embassy take it easy on me, espicaly i have problem in interview, i get soo much panic

I have children too. Take any proofs with you of contact with her children such as chats, pictures they send you, things like that. Other members here are in very similar situations and have gotten their visas approved.

I can really understand your panicks. Mohammed and I both suffer them too. Just stay close to your habebe, stay patient with each other even when you want to scream with frustration, and alhamdulellah you will get through this even closer together then you are now.

Please feel free to come here any time and post about anything if it helps you. We all support each other so feel free to share.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Do you have msn, yahoo or an email address? If so, I can pass it on to my husband. I'm sure he would be willing to fill you in on what he knows about the Cairo Embassy from first hand experience. His interview was last July.

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Welcome Michael! There are others who can tell you more about Egypt than I can, but I wanted to add I doubt your refused tourist visa will be a problem. Many of our partners had been refused tourist visas in the past and it hasn't been a problem for anyone that I've seen.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Thanx soo much for you guys for helping out, that really made my day, i was really stressfull, u give me hope me and my fiancee, and we really feeling gr8 now, and going start on working on next step when embassy contact us, so we be ready and work fast,,,,,,,,

and also guys, anybody have any more help and tips, experince,

i neeeeeeeeeed to hear that, and am forwording everying to my fiancee to make her happy too, you alll giving us realll good hope and support

Edited by Michael And Michelle

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome to VJ,

I don't know much about filing for K-1 visa since my husband and I went the DCF route. I just wanted to say good luck to you and your fiancee and that my husband is from Alex, Egypt too. It was very beautiful there when I last visited there.

Another piece of information, just relax and breathe. Theres no need for you to drive yourself to panic this early in the process. You and your fiancee should practice some techniques so that you won't be so nervous or panic at interview time.

Angel

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I haven't ever heard of the Cairo consulate not looking at evidence. That seems to be a Morocco/Casa thing.

My husband's advice is to remain calm and wear a suit for your interview.

Also, be patient :) The visa process takes awhile, so no need to freak out. Freaking out increases your stress level and I'm sure you have enough stress as it is.

While you're waiting for the visa process to go through, start tying up your life in Egypt. If you graduated from college, get your certificate certified. My husband got a bunch of stamps on his from his university to prove that it is legit. Also, look into taking an english class to fill your time while you're waiting. Improving your english will definately help to get jobs here. If you have any bosses or professors that you want to serve as your references for jobs here, get their permission, have them write a letter of recommendation and get their phone/email.

Above all, remain calm! No sh!t will hit the fan inshaAllah.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.