4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I recently took my wife to the civil surgeon for her physical. We finished that, and returned home without incident...we thought

While double checking my list before I mail everything off, and I noticed my wife's I-94 is no longer in her passport. I called the Civil Surgeon's office and they said they had no idea, perhaps we had misplaced it.

We had it when we walked in their office. They made a copy of her passport in another room, then brought back the passport, which she then placed in her purse. It has remained in that purse, which in turn has remained hanging on the hat rack. I took the passport out to make a copy, and to check the Arrival date on the I-94 to make sure I had indeed written it right.

Oops, it's not there. I'm standing 2 feet from the purse, and I look on the floor to see if it had fallen out...it hadn't. I turned the purse inside out...not there. I turned the car inside out...nothing. The only place left....the Civil Surgeon. My word against theirs. They probably misplaced it, I realize people make mistakes.

Now what I need to know is:

Looking at the I-485 I see

--------------------------------------------------------------------

15. Evidence of eligibility.

Attach a copy of the approval notice for an immigrantpetition that makes a visa number immediatelyavailable to you, or submit a complete relative,special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrantmilitary petition which, if approved, will make a visanumber immediately available to you.

A. Based on an immigrant petition.

Attach a copy of the approval notice for an immigrantpetition that makes a visa number immediatelyavailable to you, or submit a complete relative,special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrantmilitary petition which, if approved, will make a visanumber immediately available to you.

B. Based on admission as the K-1 fiancé(e) of a U. S.citizen and subsequent marriage to that citizen.

Attach a copy of the fiancé(e) petition approval notice, a copy of your marriage certificate and your

1-94.

C. Based on asylum status.

Attach a copy of the letter or Form 1-94 that showsthe date you were granted asylum.

D. Based on continuous residence in the since before January 1, 1972.

Attach copies of evidence that shows continuous residence since before January 1, 1972.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

For a K-3 Visa the evidence

"Attach a copy of the approval notice for an immigrantpetition that makes a visa number immediatelyavailable to you, or submit a complete relative,special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrantmilitary petition which, if approved, will make a visanumber immediately available to you."

is what we want right? You don't need the I-94 to file for AoS for a K-3 right? I just want to get this ####### in the mail. Will she be issued a new one when she goes to visit her parents in China? Or will she even be able to visit/return without incident?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

For filing AOS, you can use a copy. But I think there are some chances to show the original I-94 such as driver's license.... If you cannot find original, and you would like to have it, read this....

Q: How do I apply for a Replacement Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Record, CBP Form I-94 or I-95, if the original was lost, stolen or is mutilated?

A: If you are applying to replace a lost, stolen or mutilated Arrival-Departure Record (CBP Form I-94) or Crewman's Landing Permit (CBP Form I-95), you must file an Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Record (Form I-102) with the USCIS office having jurisdiction over where you are temporarily located.

If the CBP Form I-94 or I-95 was lost or stolen, submit a copy of the original CBP Form I-94 or I-95. If you do not have a copy of your original CBP Form I-94 or I-95, please submit a copy of the biographic/photo page from your passport and a copy of the passport page that was stamped by CBP officer when you entered the country. If you cannot submit any evidence of your legal admission to the United States, please submit a full explanation and proof of your identity.

Above is from http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/...ture_record.xml

Good luck!

K :luv:

<K-1 journey>

2007-10-18 : sent I-129F via FEDEX, 2007-10-22 : recieved by VSC

2008-03-20 : K-1 VISA in hand

<AOS journey>

2008-04-22 : sent AOS + AP + EAD package via Fedex

2008-08-08 : GC in hand

<Lifting Condition journey>

2010-05-03 : sent I-751 to VSC via USPS

2010-05-06 : NOA issued

2010-05-07 : check cashed

2010-05-12 : NOA in hand

2010-05-28 : Bio app.

2010-06-19 : Old I485 touched

2010-06-26 : CR189 touched

2010-07-16 : RFE issued

2010-08-18 : additional evidence sent by EMS

2010-08-31 : Card production notice by email

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.