Cecile and Bryan

Petitioner is going to move

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

My fiance (the US petitioner) is looking for an apartment and he will move to that new apartment before I arrive. We got NOA2 last week, our file in on its way to NVC and then France.

What do we need to do or Who do we need to notify (USCIS? Paris embassy?) if he moves:

- before I receive packet 3

- after I send back packet 3 but before interview

- after the interview but before POE?

Edited by Cecile and Bryan

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

I don't think USCIS will really care as you are done with them for a while now. In my opinion it is probably best to notify the Paris consulate as soon as you know, its not a fundamental issue and wont effect your case or its progress. If you know by the time you get P3 you could include a request on your covering letter for them to update their records.

Good luck with your journey and congrats on NOA2!!!

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Take a look at the instructions for AR11 http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/ar-11.pdf

You may want to fill it out when you arrive here (unless you correct the address in packet3/4) where they ask you the address where you will be residing in USA. There are also requirements of filing address change if the sponsor moves - take a look at those. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline
I don't think USCIS will really care as you are done with them for a while now. In my opinion it is probably best to notify the Paris consulate as soon as you know, its not a fundamental issue and wont effect your case or its progress. If you know by the time you get P3 you could include a request on your covering letter for them to update their records.

Bex xxx

Thank you! So if I know the new address soon enough I only need to write it down on the P3 forms and include a request on cover letter.

Take a look at the instructions for AR11 http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/ar-11.pdf

You may want to fill it out when you arrive here (unless you correct the address in packet3/4) where they ask you the address where you will be residing in USA. There are also requirements of filing address change if the sponsor moves - take a look at those. Good Luck

To my understanding, AR-11 is used to change the address once I am in the USA. But when I first get there my address would be the one written on the document I give at the POE, wouldn't it? if on that document it is the new address, should I fill out an AR-11? in that case it seems worthless to me, but maybe I am wrong...

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: Timeline

I don't recall them asking about the address where you intend to live at the Packet 3 stage, but I do recall them asking at the interview because my spouse had moved also. I believe they asked if there were any changes at the POE too. Anyway, you can change it at the interview. All correspondence from this point on will be coming to you, anyway. Nothing will go to the petitioner.

Bex xxx

Thank you! So if I know the new address soon enough I only need to write it down on the P3 forms and include a request on cover letter.

To my understanding, AR-11 is used to change the address once I am in the USA. But when I first get there my address would be the one written on the document I give at the POE, wouldn't it? if on that document it is the new address, should I fill out an AR-11? in that case it seems worthless to me, but maybe I am wrong...

That's right, you only need to fill out the AR-11 if your address changes after you arrive in the US.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

As mentioned you do not need to do the AR-11 right now. Your fiancee will be at his new address by the time you arrive in the US. When you file your AOS I think it is sufficient to use his new address at that time. His new address will be on all your forms, the sponsorship, greencard, etc. If the two of you move again after that then you should file the AR-11 and he needs to fill out a form (I forget the number) that shows sponsor change of address.

Timeline

Thank you all for your answers :)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.