kiny

where is our NOA2?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am a US citizen and my husband is a Canadian citizen and I am currently here in Canada for a long visit. We got our NOA1 for I-129F on Feb 8th but still no sign of NOA2. We just got touched once on Feb 25th and that's it. I am stressing out a bit cuz the three month period is over today and we should have gotten some sort of response by now. Do you think we should contact USCIS now or wait for the dates on their website to get updated? Also, what makes it more stressful is the fact that I am leaving on the 21st of this month to find a job for the affidavit of support (I do have my dad as the co-sponsor as well) but the thing is that we decided that I'll leave once the I-129F was approved as normally they ask for affidavit of support after two to three months of approval (rite?) Now since we don't know how long it's going to take I don't want to leave my husband alone for so long because once I get a job I'll only be able to see him for a few days once in a while :( Also one more question? what are packets 2 and 3? and normally how long does it take after the approval of I-129F to get an interview date? our I-130 is also being processed but we know it's going to take longer then the I-129F. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kiny

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Immigration Journey Blog "Still Waiting For the Visa"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

I-130 Sent : 2006-01-13

I-130 Received: 2006-01-17

NAO1 Received: 2006-01-24

I-129F Sent: 2006-02-03

NAO1 Received: 2006-02-13

I-129F Touched: 2006-02-25

I-130 Approved: 2006-06-07

AOS fee bill/ DS-3032 Received: 2006-07-15

DS-3032 mailed: 2006-07-18

NOA2 for I-129F Not Recieved

Letter from NVC Recieved for 129F processing 2006-07-19

Packet3 for I-129F recieved from Embassy 2006-07-27

I-864 instructions and form Received: 2006-08-09

Case Complete 2006-11-21

IR1 interview letter recieved from NVC 2007-01-18

Interview on Feb 21st, 2007!!!

Visa approved at interview but stuck in AP for over a year :(

AP/Security clearance finally finished: June 6th, 2008

Montreal Embassy requested police cert/meds again as they have expired : May 30th, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

When I was curious about the timeline for the interview and packets etc. someone suggested to look at the immigration timelines and embassy info at the top of the VJ page, it was very helpful in my questions, I hope you hear something soon and good luck

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

NBC is currently showing as processing petitions with a receipt date of Feb 6 so I imagine all going well that yours is not too far away.

As for the affidavit of support.....when you need it would depend on how long it takes for the embassy you are going through to schedule interviews. Check the Immigration Timelines Tab at the top of the page to find out approx times.....as well as the Embassy Info tab.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.