Sandrila

CR1 Interview and 221g

11 posts in this topic

well...interview came....interview went and EXACTLY the same scenerio as the K3

they took his K3 and gave him 221 g for the CR1 Visa...now what?

We are tired and heartbroken :(

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think its a good time for a reminder to everyone that 221g security checks are standard and should be expected. 99.9% of males between 18 and 65 in these Arab countries are going to go through it. Many of these checks are not done until after the visa is approved.

Part of the pre-interview discussion and preparation should include informing your SO about this and making it clear that he will not receive his visa the day of the interview and that in fact it will take some time for the checks; for the lucky ones it will be a week or 2 and unfortunately for some its much longer. My husband knew ahead of time that he would be sent away emptyhanded pending security checks so when it happened exactly like that neither of us were surprised or disappointed, we were excited because we knew it was the last step until visa time...

there is, of course, the uglier kind of 221g that can result in a denial or a return to the US so the paperwork should be read carefully to make sure which one you have but again, the 221g paper in and of itself should not be an automatic cause for heartbreak.

so Sandrila what does your 221g say?

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What everyone is saying is true, so we really need to know what the 221g says. More than likely it is for security checks, and is normal. I assume that now that you have had the CR1 interview the K-1 will be cancelled. No reason to continue with it anyway since its not as good as the CR1 by a long shot.

Good luck.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i'm sorry you are feeling so down, Sandrila.

But i really hope he hears some good news fast!

Good luck! (F)(F)(F)

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

i'm sorry you are feeling so down, Sandrila.

But i really hope he hears some good news fast!

Good luck! (F)(F)(F)

Thank you all for your kind words and support.

I want you to know even though we are not coming face to face in real life, I feel like we know each other and have a comraderie here.

I will say that the same 221g issued for our K3 is the same exact as we just received.

After our K3 interview and receiving 221g, we waited 12 days before he got the visa in his hand.

I hope, seeing the same paper and response, that will not wait more than this.

We are down, but certainly not out.

Sandrila, are you saying that your man got a K3 visa already, but is going for a CR1? The CR1 is better, true, but if the K3 is in hand, why didn't you run with that? I'm not sure I understand . . . ?

Virtual Wife

Yes, we were so excited to receive to the K3 visa on April 10th BUT with the advice of our attorney, he told us to stay put there and wait for the CR1, which is what we really wanted. I wanted to have him come immediately with the K3 and had really argued with the attorney over it BUT he was firm in his advice to us. I was scared to pass up on the K3 but the lawyer stated how much money it would be to finish CR1 here AND more red tape so we had him stay back. He actually got the interview date the SAME day he received the K3 visa.

Also, upon returning home from VISA IN HAND, he realized they put his birthdate incorrect on it.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, what could we really do at that point...should we risk him coming with that mistake and forgo the interview we really needed? I dont know and still dont know.

I have a phone conference with the lawyer tomorrow and should know more.

Is a IR1 the same as CR1....I swear as this process goes further I am more and more confused.

Any help is welcome PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey what was the questions plzzz??????????

Sandrila, are you saying that your man got a K3 visa already, but is going for a CR1? The CR1 is better, true, but if the K3 is in hand, why didn't you run with that? I'm not sure I understand . . . ?

Virtual Wife

Yes, we were so excited to receive to the K3 visa on April 10th BUT with the advice of our attorney, he told us to stay put there and wait for the CR1, which is what we really wanted. I wanted to have him come immediately with the K3 and had really argued with the attorney over it BUT he was firm in his advice to us. I was scared to pass up on the K3 but the lawyer stated how much money it would be to finish CR1 here AND more red tape so we had him stay back. He actually got the interview date the SAME day he received the K3 visa.

Also, upon returning home from VISA IN HAND, he realized they put his birthdate incorrect on it.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, what could we really do at that point...should we risk him coming with that mistake and forgo the interview we really needed? I dont know and still dont know.

I have a phone conference with the lawyer tomorrow and should know more.

Is a IR1 the same as CR1....I swear as this process goes further I am more and more confused.

Any help is welcome PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.